The omnium-gatherum grab-bag of oddities thread.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
edited October 2019 in A Moving Train
Seriously.  There's a lot going on the the world.  I like AMT because it affords differing perspectives on current events.  It CAN be a good place to discuss relevant and interesting topics.  But so many MANY times these threads get bogged down in circular going-nowhere arguments and spats that veer wildly off topic.  So can we PLEASE just stay on topic, stop the petty bickering, and talk about relevant subjects like the adults we (mostly) are? 
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by brianlux on

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I hate mowing my yard.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BRIANLUX HE LIT UP A CANDLE AND HE SHOWED US THE WAY
    THERE WERE VOICES DOWN THE CORRIDOR
    I THOUGHT I HEARD THEM SAY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I hate mowing my yard.
    I don’t. I’m a job provider.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Beer cheese double beef sandwich from Arby's blows.  Stick to the regular roast beef.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Six bucks and my right nut says we're not landing in Chicago.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    What fun would that be?  LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    brianlux said:
    Seriously.  There's a lot going on the the world.  I like AMT because it affords differing perspectives on current events.  It CAN be a good place to discuss relevant and interesting topics.  But so many MANY times these threads get bogged down in circular going-nowhere arguments and spats that veer wildly off topic.  So can we PLEASE just stay on topic, stop the petty bickering, and talk about relevant subjects like the adults we (mostly) are? 
    Agreed, Brian.

This place could use less bitching and whining and more Dinosaur Jr discussions. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I try to be serious and you guys MAKE ME LAUGH.  Now stop that!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited October 2019
    dudeman said:
    brianlux said:
    Agreed, Brian.

This place could use less bitching and whining and more Dinosaur Jr discussions. 
    Listen to the dudeman, dudes!  :plus_one:

As for my grumpy displeasure here...  I'll get OVER IT:

Post edited by brianlux on

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Coulda just bumped one of your other threads ;)

I figure shit’s in the guidelines. Some folks just like to be assholes...er, stir it up.
    hedonist said:

I figure shit’s in the guidelines. Some folks just like to be assholes...er, stir it up.
    That why they call me "Mr. Short-term me-mo-reeeeeeeee!"

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    look what I saw yesterday.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Ohh yeah!  Cool!  What a study in contrasts!

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    hedonist said:

That's what this thread needs!
    https://youtu.be/rf8GjhXvOjU
    Damn that was slow. Now I want to go back to sleep!
    edited October 2019
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ohh yeah!  Cool!  What a study in contrasts!
    wait, what? I meant the license plate.

What was this thread about again?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    not sure. seems it went off topic.

mickeyrat said:
    It's like we have no attention span.  What are we talking about again???  This thread is confuding.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    This thread sucks. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    mickeyrat said:
    It's like we have no attention span.  What are we talking about again???  This thread is confuding.
    confuding?  I would have said confufing.

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    confuding?  I would have said confufing.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I like turtles.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Spicy nuggets are back!
    hippiemom = goodness
    This thread sucks. 
    .......in bed.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Will aj green be traded?

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Will aj green be traded?
    Bengals suck. Glad I was born in Pittsburgh ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2019
    brianlux said:
    dudeman said:
    brianlux said:
    Agreed, Brian.

Listen to the dudeman, dudes!  :plus_one:

As for my grumpy displeasure here...  I'll get OVER IT:

The guy who just started a record store close to me (and sold his own Ragged Glory vinyl in the store) asked if I wanted to buy his Dinosaur Jr vinyl. I told him no. But he had a few from his own collection he was selling in the store. And J Mascis solo stuff.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Did I mentioned the churro pancakes I had a couple of weeks ago?