Fundraiser for the American Foundation For Suicide Prevention

We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 431
edited August 2019 in Vitalogy

This Sunday, September 1st, will mark 9 years since my cousin, Dawn, took her own life.

For the past 5 years, I've taken part in an Out Of The Darkness Community Walk, raising almost $32,000 for the American Foundation For Suicide Prevention, and I'll be doing so again this year.

I'm a little more than halfway ($5,300) towards my current goal of $10K. It's my loftiest goal ever, because I raised more money last year than ever before, and I'd like to carry the momentum forward.

A bit about the AFSP:

1) The AFSP has set a goal to reduce the annual suicide rate in the U.S. 20% by 2025.

2) Over 82% of the funds that the AFSP raises goes towards its program services, paying for things like:

• The funding of research for suicide prevention

• The creation & distribution of education programs

• Advocacy for public policy & legislation that can advance suicide prevention

• Supporting survivors of suicide loss

Any and all donations, small or big, would be greatly appreciated. All donations are tax-deductible.

And please check with your employer regarding a company match. I wouldn't have beaten my goal last year, or in years past, without employer matches.

To donate, and to learn more about the AFSP, go here:

https://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=1896856

Although Dawn could not be saved, I believe that the AFSP's efforts are giving hope to the hopeless, so even if one life is saved, it makes my efforts (and yours) worthwhile.

Thanks for listening.

Andrew

If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
Post edited by We All Believe on

Comments

• We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 431

Bump.

Donations can be made until 12/31/19, but I like to raise as much $ as I can before the Walk.

Doesn't look like I'll get to $10K before Saturday, but I'm only $475 away from $7K, which would be the most $ I've ever raised.

Thanks for listening.

If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org