Poll--The Weakest Link: Metallica's 'Ride The Lightning' Round 2

2»

Comments

• Fight Fire With Fire
    So I never really got into Metallica.  Loved the One video and of course their black album hits, but never dove any deeper. Actually been considering seeing them live at some point, especially after seeing some of the Slane Castle performances. They're rock icons, still together, still touring, and they still kick ass.  At the rate musicians are leaving us these days, I'm trying to get as many different live shows in as possible with these older bands.
    As for the songs here, FFWF is pretty cringy but everything else is solid. 
    What were you poisoning your ears with then?  Savatage or Slaughter?
    Dan stood for Savatage, I will stand for Slaughter.  Still love their first record.  
    However, I also listened to Metallica a crapload and most of the other bands mentioned.  80s rocked 
    Slaughter. The band with the singer from Vinnie Vincent Invasion?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    Fly to the Angels by Slaughter is super awesome in the I don’t want to admit it’s awesome way. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Fly to the Angels by Slaughter is super awesome in the I don’t want to admit it’s awesome way. 
    Yep, guilty pleasure of mine as a child of the 80's before I became an angst ridden teen of the 90's. I think I still have the tape I ripped it from the radio on.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    So I never really got into Metallica.  Loved the One video and of course their black album hits, but never dove any deeper. Actually been considering seeing them live at some point, especially after seeing some of the Slane Castle performances. They're rock icons, still together, still touring, and they still kick ass.  At the rate musicians are leaving us these days, I'm trying to get as many different live shows in as possible with these older bands.
    Dan stood for Savatage, I will stand for Slaughter.  Still love their first record.  
    However, I also listened to Metallica a crapload and most of the other bands mentioned.  80s rocked 
    OK so my guilty pleasure was Warrant's Dirty Rotten Filthy debut album.  I really liked it.  Haven't heard it in 25 years so have no idea how well it would stand up now but back then I listened to that Megadeth, 'Tallica, Minor Threat DK and the like.  I was all over the place.  Oh yeah and I used to go to clubs to dance when I was in my teens, and yes I could dance, lol!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fade To Black
    OK so my guilty pleasure was Warrant's Dirty Rotten Filthy debut album.  I really liked it.  Haven't heard it in 25 years so have no idea how well it would stand up now but back then I listened to that Megadeth, 'Tallica, Minor Threat DK and the like.  I was all over the place.  Oh yeah and I used to go to clubs to dance when I was in my teens, and yes I could dance, lol!
    Found footage.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Slaughter. The band with the singer from Vinnie Vincent Invasion?
    Indeed.
    Fight Fire With Fire
    I don't believe in "guilty pleasures."  Like what you like, don't be ashamed of it, and don't let anyone make you feel ashamed either.
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    I don't believe in "guilty pleasures."  Like what you like, don't be ashamed of it, and don't let anyone make you feel ashamed either.
    I am completely ashamed of Warrant, thank you very much!
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    dankind said:
    Found footage.

Awesome!!!
    Fight Fire With Fire
    I am completely ashamed of Warrant, thank you very much!
    They were solid.  Jani Lane, rest in peace!
  • Ride The Lightning

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Fade To Black

NOOOOOOOO!We Want More Jani Lane! More Jani Lane!

https://youtu.be/SCktR1ZLf3Y

• Fade To Black

• Fade To Black
    https://youtu.be/rrSdXtFJG20

Okay, I'm done. Round 3 it is. 
    Fade To Black

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Fade To Black
    Oh, did you prefer these guys? @dankind
    https://youtu.be/l_uh8XjgLTE
  • Fade To Black
    Or maybe these guys? Everybody liked this group, right?
    https://youtu.be/l2q_-xN2N54
    Fade To Black

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Hey now, I loved me some Tesla! Good stuff. Actually, I enjoyed all the hair metal. It was awesome. Keep posting. Good memories of riding the bus as a kid.
  • Fade To Black
    tbergs said:
    Hey now, I loved me some Tesla! Good stuff. Actually, I enjoyed all the hair metal. It was awesome. Keep posting. Good memories of riding the bus as a kid.
    I loved me some Tesla too. I thought surely dankind would HAVE TO admit that he liked Tesla, but I was wrong.
    How could anyone not like this one???
    https://youtu.be/7m7FpzOxbkQ
  • Fade To Black
    How about some Poison?
    https://youtu.be/iOyleR-jQGk
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 301
    Creeping Death
    Fight Fire With Fire is a classic track 1, this is a travesty lol
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Where the hell is that ignore feature?
  • Fade To Black
    Ask Dan. ;)
  • Fade To Black
    Hey,.I knew at least one person on here would be singing along, with an outstretched arm, lighter in hand! Thank you tbergs. You rock!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Fight Fire With Fire
    See the source image
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    tbergs said:
    Telsa- Five Man Acoustic Jam is a phenomenal live album. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Hey,.I knew at least one person on here would be singing along, with an outstretched arm, lighter in hand! Thank you tbergs. You rock!
    For sure! Cheers!
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Fade To Black
    What the hell!! 😳

This discussion has been closed.