edited September 2019
    Bump
    Post edited by HoldeIN on
  • HoldeINHoldeIN Posts: 96
    edited August 2020
    ISO 2013 Pittsburgh AP
  • BriangstonerBriangstoner Chicago Posts: 12
    Pitt AP is going for about 4 grand now a days, no?
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Correct
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    Yes, still blows my mind.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    edited September 2019
    If someone is willing to pay $4,000 usd for this poster, consider mine available. If you're in the Greater Toronto area, we won't even have to roll it up.
    Post edited by BF89905 on
  • Last few sales have been right around that point

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    One of the greatest
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    BF89905 said:
    If someone is willing to pay $4,000 usd for this poster, consider #29 available. If you're in the Greater Toronto area, we won't even have to roll it up.
    Smart decision. If I had one I’d sell it in a New York minute. That’s an insane price. 
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    BF89905 said:
    If someone is willing to pay $4,000 usd for this poster, consider #29 available. If you're in the Greater Toronto area, we won't even have to roll it up.
    But would you take $4,000 cad? 
  • sdavissdavis Posts: 959
    BF89905 said:
    This made me laugh! 
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    edited September 2019
    I do not understand the crazy bump in value for an A/P screen printed concert poster. I get that A/P's use to mean something in the art world because they were actually of a higher quality or an early version of the final product, but that is not the case anymore. With screen printing they are exactly the same as the SE's only set aside to be signed and sold by the artist. Does anyone really believe Munk One's signature is worth $2500 in this case? Could someone shed some light on this for me because these artists signatures are hardly rare, and there is no difference in the print. Good luck in your search!
    Post edited by FiveBelow on
  • JW269453 said:
    I do not understand the crazy bump in value for an A/P screen printed concert poster. I get that A/P's use to mean something in the art world because they were actually of a higher quality or an early version of the final product, but that is not the case anymore. With screen printing they are exactly the same as the SE's only set aside to be signed and sold by the artist. Does anyone really believe Munk One's signature is worth $2500 in this case? Could someone shed some light on this for me because these artists signatures are hardly rare, and there is no difference in the print.
    With the Artist sig you do indeed know that you have a real print.  That is the only way in the past you knew you had the real deal but now a days?

Who knows why?

People like being in an exclusive club and an AP w only 100 sigs is pretty neat for a bunch of people but you are right as it is the same print that the SE's are.
    SHZA said:
    BF89905 said:
    A fellow Canuck ;)
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    JW269453 said:
    I do not understand the crazy bump in value for an A/P screen printed concert poster. I get that A/P's use to mean something in the art world because they were actually of a higher quality or an early version of the final product, but that is not the case anymore. With screen printing they are exactly the same as the SE's only set aside to be signed and sold by the artist. Does anyone really believe Munk One's signature is worth $2500 in this case? Could someone shed some light on this for me because these artists signatures are hardly rare, and there is no difference in the print.
    With the Artist sig you do indeed know that you have a real print.  That is the only way in the past you knew you had the real deal but now a days?

Who knows why?

People like being in an exclusive club and an AP w only 100 sigs is pretty neat for a bunch of people but you are right as it is the same print that the SE's are.
    I never considered the signature as authenticating it, but that definitely makes sense. You're probably right about it being more of a status symbol than anything. I'll take an SE any day, there is something about the struggle of keeping it alive through a show that makes them more appealing to me. All of my posters have been to a Pearl Jam concert =)
  • BriangstonerBriangstoner Chicago Posts: 12
    All I’m saying is that I can get a 98 east Lansing, which btw is one of my favorite posters of all time being that I’m from Michigan, for probably $1200... you’d be better off trying to trade for a SE.  AP of this isn’t going to happen strait up for this one.
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    BF89905 said:
    SHZA said:
    BF89905 said:
    A fellow Canuck ;)
    Haha no. Just curious where your bottom line might be. Assuming hypothetically that no one would offer $4k us, how many thousands would it take (in any currency) before you'd say I'd rather have the $$ than the poster. 

I haven't really considered it until I saw the $4000 earlier in this thread.  It's my #1 poster.... I'll give it some thought.  Have a nice night.

Good luck with your trade search OP
  • HoldeINHoldeIN Posts: 96
    edited August 2020
    Weekend bump