Poll--The Weakest Link: Metallica's 'Ride The Lightning' Round 2

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
On to ROUND 2 to determine the GREATEST song on Metallica's album Ride The Lightning.

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 3 days I remove two (2) songs with the most votes.
We will then move on to Round 3. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Lets have fun with this. Remember debating and discussing why your right and others are wrong is always fun.  

Poll--The Weakest Link: Metallica's 'Ride The Lightning' Round 2 42 votes

Fight Fire With Fire
52%
CantKeepmedownjeffbrdisilluzionPoncierDukeSpiritSpiritual_ChaosgoldrushHorosRoeghmannOf The AggietbergsDewieCoxpearljammr78HesCalledDyerGern BlanstenMedozKeeriepadaveF Me In The BrainHobbestempo_n_groove 22 votes
Ride The Lightning
14%
Ledbetterman10jjflashed243421iammine16RenfieldSmallestOceans 6 votes
For Whom The Bell Tolls
2%
Loujoe 1 vote
Fade To Black
16%
mcgruff10pjl44pjsteelerfandankindBLACK35OffSheGoes35njnancy 7 votes
Creeping Death
14%
RP112579hauntingfamiliarjoe159bbiggsBlack,red,yellowSmsmartins18 6 votes

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Creeping Death
    This is getting tough. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Fight Fire With Fire
    I like all of these songs, tough choice to make.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Yikes! No idea how I'm going to vote now. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Fade To Black
    Damn this is tough.  I m gonna have to think about this one. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Fight Fire With Fire
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah, nothing a few craft brews can't help decide. ;) If I go for pure thrash then Fade is out, but it's a great change of pace burn one type of tune. A few more glasses of vino should make this easier.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fade To Black
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah, nothing a few craft brews can't help decide. ;) If I go for pure thrash then Fade is out, but it's a great change of pace burn one type of tune. A few more glasses of vino should make this easier.
    Not tough at all. “Fade to Black.”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Fade To Black
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What he said. :)
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Fade To Black
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What he said. :)
    What she said. 
  • Fight Fire With Fire

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,602
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    So when is it proper to use 'whom' or 'who'...? Whom cares!!! 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Fade To Black
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I agree with your vote.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Shit I missed round 1. Didn’t realize this was back! Will listen and report back.
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    bbiggs said:
    This is getting tough. 
    Fuq is wrong with you?
    Fight Fire With Fire
    So I never really got into Metallica.  Loved the One video and of course their black album hits, but never dove any deeper. Actually been considering seeing them live at some point, especially after seeing some of the Slane Castle performances. They're rock icons, still together, still touring, and they still kick ass.  At the rate musicians are leaving us these days, I'm trying to get as many different live shows in as possible with these older bands.
    As for the songs here, FFWF is pretty cringy but everything else is solid. 
    Fight Fire With Fire
    The bell only tolls for that one person on here...they know who they are and they should feel ashamed, very ashamed.
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    So I never really got into Metallica.  Loved the One video and of course their black album hits, but never dove any deeper. Actually been considering seeing them live at some point, especially after seeing some of the Slane Castle performances. They're rock icons, still together, still touring, and they still kick ass.  At the rate musicians are leaving us these days, I'm trying to get as many different live shows in as possible with these older bands.
    What were you poisoning your ears with then?  Savatage or Slaughter?
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Ride The Lightning
    How is RTL beating Creeping FN Death?!?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Fight Fire With Fire
    ed243421 said:
    How is RTL beating Creeping FN Death?!?
    A question for the ages, but you probably need to be riding the lightning in order to be creeping death...
  • Ride The Lightning
    And how does FFWF have 16 votes?? Is the PJ community just not into thrash metal??
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Fight Fire With Fire
    Wasn't really into speed metal as a kid.  Little bit of Priest & Megadeth is about as far as I got.  Probably just where I grew up, but this is what the "bad kids" listened to and I had to stay away from them. Didn't want me to "end up on the streets with that pack-o-heathens."
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    And how does FFWF have 16 votes?? Is the PJ community just not into thrash metal??
    I never liked James' voice on this song.  Easy pass for me.
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    Wasn't really into speed metal as a kid.  Little bit of Priest & Megadeth is about as far as I got.  Probably just where I grew up, but this is what the "bad kids" listened to and I had to stay away from them. Didn't want me to "end up on the streets with that pack-o-heathens."
    If you listened to Megadeth surely Metallica was around too?

So what were you rocking out to back in the day?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fade To Black

Savatage is fucking awesome, BTW.

https://youtu.be/mOKoLiOkWWQ

They got more popular as the Trans-Siberian Dorkestra, of course. Good for them. Local boys make good. Crimson Glory was their big local competition back in the warehouse days.

Atheist and Obituary are/were both great as well.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Fight Fire With Fire

Oh yeh, they were around, I just never listened to them. Early 80's I was into mostly pop, rock radio, & MTV - Duran Duran, Huey Lewis, U2, The Police type stuff.  Mid to late 80's was the hair bands like Cinderella, Dokken, Poison, Bon Jovi. Then went into the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Jesus Jones, Ned's Atomic Dustbin before "the Seattle Sound" broke out. The rest is history.
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    dankind said:

Savatage is fucking awesome, BTW.

https://youtu.be/mOKoLiOkWWQ

They got more popular as the Trans-Siberian Dorkestra, of course. Good for them. Local boys make good. Crimson Glory was their big local competition back in the warehouse days.

Atheist and Obituary are/were both great as well.
    You shut your damn mouth, lol!

I had a buddy try and get me in to them say 10 years ago and I said sure.  Gave it 1 listen, 2 songs in and said, well I'm done here...

Not my cup o 80's tea...
  • Fight Fire With Fire

Oh yeh, they were around, I just never listened to them. Early 80's I was into mostly pop, rock radio, & MTV - Duran Duran, Huey Lewis, U2, The Police type stuff.  Mid to late 80's was the hair bands like Cinderella, Dokken, Poison, Bon Jovi. Then went into the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Jesus Jones, Ned's Atomic Dustbin before "the Seattle Sound" broke out. The rest is history.
    None of the better Hair bands like Crue, Wasp, Twisted Sister, Ratt?
    Fight Fire With Fire

None of the better Hair bands like Crue, Wasp, Twisted Sister, Ratt?
    Never got into WASP.  Crue, TS, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Faster Pussycat, Skid Row, Warrant, Whitesnake.  Dokken was above and beyond my favorite.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,602
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    tbergs said:
    The bell only tolls for that one person on here...they know who they are and they should feel ashamed, very ashamed.
    Grrrrrrrrr...That gong belongs to hells bells...I never rode with the pack...

who wants to drown with me!!!!

Tough being alone on this one...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Dan stood for Savatage, I will stand for Slaughter.  Still love their first record.  
    However, I also listened to Metallica a crapload and most of the other bands mentioned.  80s rocked 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Fight Fire With Fire
    I was bored at their gig this summer at Ullevi Arena. I would still say — see them as soon as possible. 

James is a teddybear. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.