Options

Milwaukee Changed my mind about the tour

madseamadsea Posts: 140
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
After seeing St. Paul II, I was a bit disappointed with how the co-headlining shows were working.

Pearl Jam played well in StP, but it seemed just as they were getting going, they left the stage, no encore...just gone.

After seeing Summerfest II last night, I have changed my mind. It was a great setlist, TONS of energy and it felt like PJ was out there for much longer than they really were.

By giving PJ an encore, I felt they were less an opening act and more a co-headliner.

Summerfest II made me change my mind...I don't mind the co-headlining. Last night was great.

I take back most of what I said about the co-headlining...although I still left 1/2-3/4 of the way through the Petty set...His set list was almost identical to StP II...his stage banter WAS indentical...I was saying what Petty was GOING to say to my brother 30 seconds before Petty said it. That is kinda sad...even the die-hard-follow-him-everywhere-Petty fan sitting in front of me said Petty's shows are pretty tame...and he thought Pearl Jam was incredible last night.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    madsea wrote:
    After seeing St. Paul II, I was a bit disappointed with how the co-headlining shows were working.

Pearl Jam played well in StP, but it seemed just as they were getting going, they left the stage, no encore...just gone.

After seeing Summerfest II last night, I have changed my mind. It was a great setlist, TONS of energy and it felt like PJ was out there for much longer than they really were.

By giving PJ an encore, I felt they were less an opening act and more a co-headliner.

Summerfest II made me change my mind...I don't mind the co-headlining. Last night was great.

I take back most of what I said about the co-headlining...although I still left 1/2-3/4 of the way through the Petty set...His set list was almost identical to StP II...his stage banter WAS indentical...I was saying what Petty was GOING to say to my brother 30 seconds before Petty said it. That is kinda sad...even the die-hard-follow-him-everywhere-Petty fan sitting in front of me said Petty's shows are pretty tame...and he thought Pearl Jam was incredible last night.

lots of energy last nite. Great show yes indeed.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    agreed. honestly, 6/29 was even more fun. both sets had their staples and their gems (in hiding/gone - sad/i got shit). i thought it was great and PJ (90 mins) really didnt play that much less than Petty (120 mins, incl. 2 w/ ed).

great shows, and the ed w/ Petty songs were incredible! he totally blew Petty out of the water.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    I am a long time casual Petty fan, never saw him live but almost went on several occassions. I kind of thought he sucked, it was fun singing along to the hits but I just didn't like him. His constant wrestler like arms in the air letting the crowd pay homage to him and his scripted banter and michael jackson dance moves were awful. Nothing exciting about his sets either night. I fully expected to be blown away by Petty, outside of a PJ and a few DMB shows, I haven't been to many arena/amp type shows but seeing his old ass go through the motions really hammered home how awesome PJ is.