Hurricane Season 2019+

2»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    drop the bombs in the eye of the storm. nuke them thar hurricanes! 
    By gar!  Me thinks ye is on ta somthin'!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

g under p said:
    Oh My Goodness has anyone seen the images from the Bahamian Islands. They are horrific!

Peace
    How did your neck of the woods fair?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    brianlux said:
    g under p said:
    Oh My Goodness has anyone seen the images from the Bahamian Islands. They are horrific!

Peace
    West Palm Beach suffered minimal damage as far as I can see. Lots of rain with occasional wind gusts that was it. I didn't even shut all my sutters completely. As my coworkers said to me we dodged another eye of the storm.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Pictures out of the Bahamas are apocalyptic. Unreal how this storm veered north at the last second and spared the coastal states, for the most part. Very lucky, I can’t even imagine if Florida had been hit directly at a 4 or 5. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

g under p said:
    brianlux said:
    g under p said:

Peace
    West Palm Beach suffered minimal damage as far as I can see. Lots of rain with occasional wind gusts that was it. I didn't even shut all my sutters completely. As my coworkers said to me we dodged another eye of the storm.

Peace
    Thank goodness!

What a disaster though in the Bahamas.  We went there when I was about 10 or 12.  It was a relaxed place and everyone seemed really easy going.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    this is even better than nuking the hurricanes. just send positive thoughts and the hurricane will run away!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/politics/marianne-williamson-hurricane-dorian-tweet-trnd/index.html
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Your Juggler will be in the Outer Banks next weekend. Fingers crossed that there isn't too much damaged. I've heard flooding could be pretty bad...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Your Juggler will be in the Outer Banks next weekend. Fingers crossed that there isn't too much damaged. I've heard flooding could be pretty bad...
    Hoping all goes well, Juggler!  Be safe.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Holy shit. At first glance I thought this was a joke. This might be a new level of insanity for him. Wow

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited September 2019
    What organization is best to donate to help people recover and rebuild in the Bahamas?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    What organization is best to donate to help people recover and rebuild in the Bahamas?
    I’m sure they’ll set up a fund or whatever, but for now, probably like Red Cross, United Way, probably lots of church fundraisers/donations  ect. Shit, I bet tenclub will have a list and some info out soon.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Human Fund. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Money for people.

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Still following the coast up to the Carolinas. About 100 miles south of Charleston. Pretty much all of the eastern counties in SC were under evacuation. I think I remember someone here from Charleston and someone from Wilmington, NC (looks like they'll get some of it too). Stay safe!
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good question.  I often go here to see who is using the money most wisely.  A very helpful site:

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down