Hurricane Season 2019+

dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
edited September 2019 in A Moving Train
Looks like Dorian might cause some trouble for Floridians. 

Hope all of you that will be impacted by this storm stay safe and out of harm's way. 
If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    545 miles east of west palm. lot of warm water to gain strength above the cat 4 140mph sustained winds at present.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Stay safe.  Its been a long long time since eastern FL got hit. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    weatherbug is saying its slowing due to a high pressure system to the north of it. which means greater surge is probable
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Stay Safe my Florida friends!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I used to live and work in Martin County. Looks like possible mandatory evacuation for a lot of people there.

Fingers crossed that this one either fizzles out or changes course back into the ocean. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Good luck Florida folks!

Assuming it hits, I do hope it hits a Trump property lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Stay safe, everyone 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Once again, I'm very concerned for friends and family in FLA.  Be safe, folks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• My friend in florida. Im hoping with all my hope this passes land. And im also aware of the Bahamas.  
    Although  i live  in u.k and we dont  have these.  Its scary  as fuck. Thinking of my friends and their family
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    My home is In Palm Beach County, 5 miles from the ocean. It now appears we dodged a direct hit which is good news for this county. Wishing everyone else safe travels throughout this event.

My business did very well, in the four days till today we made roughly 1.35 million $$$. Not bad we needed that kind of business infusion, it was a slow summer.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    g under p said:
    My home is In Palm Beach County, 5 miles from the ocean. It now appears we dodged a direct hit which is good news for this county. Wishing everyone else safe travels throughout this event.

My business did very well, in the four days till today we made roughly 1.35 million $$$. Not bad we needed that kind of business infusion, it was a slow summer.

Peace

I hope it curves upwards and spares the East coast a bit. Love the Palm Beach area, the wife and I vacation there in December every year. All the best and keeping a close watch on this
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Dorian is proving to be dodgy and uncertain.  And get a load of this:

"A Sunday morning update from the National Hurricane Center (NHC) in Miami painted a bleak picture. When a US air force plane specially designed for the purpose was flown through Dorian on Sunday morning, it recorded winds of almost 175mph."

I can't image how unnerving it would be to fly thought a whirlwind moving at 175 MPH.  Insane!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Damn it's up to 185 mph and now I'm really taking it seriously. Luckily I've easy sliding shutters and the necessary provisions from my Club BJ'S.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:
    Damn it's up to 185 mph and now I'm really taking it seriously. Luckily I've easy sliding shutters and the necessary provisions from my Club BJ'S.

Peace
    Be safe, g.  Think good thoughts for you and yours!

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    my god, gusts up to 220 mph.  everyone please be safe.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mcgruff10 said:
    my god, gusts up to 220 mph.  everyone please be safe.  
    Wow. Stay safe, all!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    The more I look at this hurricane it certainly looks like its head right for us here in West Palm Beach. I still hope I could go to the movies tonight, want to see that Brad Pitt movie. Its probably going to have wait. Looks like I'll have to do some Slinging tonight.

BTW the weather here is absolutely beautiful, bright sunshine, slight breeze and the humidity seems to have been blown out of town.

Peace

Be safe everyone. Please cooperate with emergency services and take care of your neighbors if you can. 
    My internet connection sucks, especially today for some reason.  CNN seems to have the best coverage of Dorian but by the time my ISP downloads that site the next hurricane will be happening.  Hope everyone is OK out there!

• CNN. You mean fake news. I bet they are saying that climate change is helping create such a massive and powerful storm. FAKE NEWS!

Do yourself a favor and watch the truth on Fox News. That wind is just the power of King Trumps momentum and the rain is just the tears from the eyes of the Democrats because he is the best president ever. Just ask him. He will tell you so. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    I spoke with some friends in St. Lucie and Martin counties this evening. They said it missed them and was heading north. 
  • Hopefully it stays out at sea. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    CNN. You mean fake news. I bet they are saying that climate change is helping create such a massive and powerful storm. FAKE NEWS!

Do yourself a favor and watch the truth on Fox News. That wind is just the power of King Trumps momentum and the rain is just the tears from the eyes of the Democrats because he is the best president ever. Just ask him. He will tell you so. 
    LOL-- fake for sure.  But I'm told they do have good hurricane tracking graphics.  That's about as far as my interest in that organizations goes!

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'd imagine you can get the straight dope here:  https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Safe thoughts to all there - those whom I know, and those I don't.  How frightening.
    It appears the worst will come in the morning if we get whatever winds that is left. Flooding may become an issue but I don't think it will materialize. 

One good thing I've been able to focus on really cleaning the house, listening  to all sorts of music and cooking for once. Stay well everyone.

Peace

hedonist said:
    I'd imagine you can get the straight dope here:  https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Safe thoughts to all there - those whom I know, and those I don't.  How frightening.
    That site is very helpful, Hedo, thank you!
    g under p said:
    It appears the worst will come in the morning if we get whatever winds that is left. Flooding may become an issue but I don't think it will materialize. 

One good thing I've been able to focus on really cleaning the house, listening  to all sorts of music and cooking for once. Stay well everyone.

Peace
    Be safe g.  Will be thinking good thoughts for you and everyone in the area.  Keep us posted when you can.

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Oh My Goodness has anyone seen the images from the Bahamian Islands. They are horrific!

Peace

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Kat said:
    I bet trump offers more aid to them than he did Puerto Rico. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    drop the bombs in the eye of the storm. nuke them thar hurricanes! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD