Fundraiser for Eleanor last day's some amazing prizes

IvanRansleyIvanRansley Posts: 940
edited September 2019 in The Porch
Hi we have this waffle to raise funds for a sick little girl from Tasmania on Facebook.  

If anyone would like to be part of this and doesn't have/use FB please comment below or PM myself and we can definitely work something out for getting tickets or donating a prize.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Post edited by IvanRansley on

Comments

• This is the story of Eleanor

Eleanor began her treatment for Stage Four High Risk Neuroblastoma in Jan 2018 after a large tumour was discovered on her right adrenal gland. Eleanor along with her mum and dad, Jacqui and Rob, had to uproot their lives in Tasmania and move to Melbourne immediately to receive treatment at The Royal Children’s Hospital. Approximately forty children are diagnosed with Neuroblastoma each year in Australia. This extensive treatment regime was scheduled to last between 18 months to two years.

Eleanor’s frontline treatment included chemotherapy, surgery to remove tumours and her right kidney, a stem cell transplant with high dose chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and immunotherapy. Eleanor had an incredibly tough treatment journey. Her main complication came after her stem cell transplant which affected her lungs so badly she had to be placed on breathing life support for nearly a week and her life was very much in the balance.

After overcoming hurdles and showing immense resilience, Eleanor had received clear scans in April this year showing she had no evidence of disease. To keep disease away we enrolled Eleanor in the clinical drug trial, Difluoromethylornithine (DFMO) a cancer pathway inhibitor. This is designed to increase long term survival for children with Neuroblastoma. We were enrolled in the DFMO clinical drug trial from April to July this year.

Unfortunately two weeks ago at Eleanor’s three month post treatment follow up scan, a new tumour was discovered in Eleanor’s right frontal lobe on her brain. She has now been diagnosed with a central nervous system neuroblastoma relapse. Our world has been turned upside down again. Our beautiful daughter has once again fallen victim to this relentless disease. Prior to her scan she was doing so well. She had just enjoyed her third birthday surrounded by her beloved family in Hobart. She was loving being back home in Hobart with her new baby brother George.

A week after the tumour was discovered, Eleanor had major brain surgery to resect it. The surgery was successful but the frightening reality is that some neuroblastoma cells remain in the central nervous system and require therapy to stabilise and hopefully prevent further spread. The treatment starts this week and includes chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Eleanor will need a new central drug line and nasogastric feeding tube as she will be unable to eat. This treatment will occur in Melbourne.

The all familiar nightmare has returned. We have again had to uproot our lives to live in Melbourne indefinitely. We have had to leave our jobs once again to focus on Eleanor. But this time it feels so much worse that our original diagnosis in January 2018. Back then we were naive and filled with hope of following a treatment path that most children respond to. Hearing horrendous stories of the unlucky children who would relapse was a reality, but we chose to focus more on being positive and thinking that would not be Eleanor. This nightmare now becomes the most sobering reality. Generally, children who relapse have an extremely low chance of surviving, let alone with an extremely rare relapse to the brain. Our hearts are filled with deep sadness.

If Eleanor’s disease remains stable she will be eligible for a clinical drug trial of 8H9 antibody that targets and attacks neuroblastoma cells in the central nervous system. The antibody therapy is the only hope to cure Eleanor’s relapsed neuroblastoma. Central nervous system relapse is incredibly rare and traditional chemotherapy and radiotherapy is used as palliative treatment. We want to cure Eleanor and give her the best chance of living a full and happy life. The 8H9 protocol is deemed the best, and possibly only chance to achieve this. The 8H9 protocol is not available in Australia, only in hospitals in the US and Barcelona, Spain.

Please support Eleanor in reaching her goal to receive the 8h9 antibody. This treatment is available at three hospitals in America and we desperately need to raise the funds to get her there. For an entire neuroblastoma central nervous system relapse protocol in New York, we have been quoted $2,200,000. Yes that’s correct, two point two million dollars! Completely unattainable. We have found two other hospitals that are more affordable. We need to raise $300,000 to get Eleanor this life saving treatment. We are unable to work and really need your support to help us reach our goal. We are begging everyone to please help our Eleanor fight for her life.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Hi Ivan, what a terrible thing to happen to Eleanor! PM sent
  • This is the list of prizes so far.

Get on board some great prizes.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    Do you need goods?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Do you need goods?
    Yes mate and or ticket purchases
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Bump :bee:
  • Bump :bee:
    Thanks Tash
  • Over 40 prizes 😁
    Tickets are 10 USD per spot

Count me in. I'll send you a text :heart:

• Thank you Tash.
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Bump back to page 1
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    Bump :bee:
  • Up to 52 prizes 😊
    $2840 so far 👏 let's keep this going 
  • Donated.  From personal experience it takes a village...keep fighting and Eleanor is in my thoughts 
  • Donated.  From personal experience it takes a village...keep fighting and Eleanor is in my thoughts 
    Thanks heaps for the support 
    Bump :heart:
    Weekend bump :bee:
  • This will close on Tuesday 
    Up to $3190 and 52 prizes let's keep this going.
  • Bump not long to go
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Can you pm me the details to buy tickets - don’t use FB. Thanks
    Bump to page one! 
  • ST66483 said:
    Can you pm me the details to buy tickets - don’t use FB. Thanks
    PM sent 
  • Last day we are up to $3800 and 59 prizes which include 3 poster's donated by Brad Klausen from EV 2017 tour which will be signed by Brad. 

This is the PayPal if anybody is interested 

JonFuller3366@yahoo.com

Ivan
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 610
    can you also pm me the details?
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Bump
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Last chance bump :bee:
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Back to the top
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Tried to access the link above and it did not work.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • The draw will take place today. Lot's of great prizes
     Thanks heaps for your support