** MINDHUNTER season 2 **

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited July 2019 in All Encompassing Trip
Having been handed the true crime book "Mindhunter" by friend Charlize Theron, executive producer David Fincher began the collaboration and long developed project we now know as Netflix's "Mindhunter". Today on The Treatment, Fincher announces the release of season two of the series where discussion of serial killers became common place among American mainstream and how the soundtrack plays with the timeline of this eerie American history.

David Fincher announced that the new season will release on the 16th August.

Almost here people.

Trailer for the first season, if you have missed it:

https://youtu.be/evdxH50J3rs
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Looking forward to it...great series
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited July 2019
    Embedded ebcause not on phone anymore

https://youtu.be/wIazdDw4tao
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • It's released. 

Watching episode 1. That beginning. DENNIS!
    edited August 2019
    THIS GUY DOESN'T GO TO CHURCH!

(ha ha...)
  • Finished the three Fincher-directed ones.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It just came out here too and I'm waiting to watch once my husband gets home.

Please, no spoilers yet!
    edited August 2019
    xxx
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I'm so glad they are back.  Love this series.  I loved the Mindhunter books also. 

Gonna watch after the Giants game!

Good taste in TV shows peoples!!!!
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited August 2019
    Everyone in the Mindhunter universe are listening to the hit singles. Throw on another Patti Smith song than Dancing Barefoot. But atleast it's not Because the Night I guess. 

And I guess in real life, then and now, people are playing the big singles...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    So far so good. I am really drawn into season 2. It's more about the continuing characters this time, now that they set up the general premise, and I like it. I'm about halfway though I think.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Finished it last night. Now a long wait to season 3 :/

IM BURNING UP WITH FEVAH
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    I'm on ep 5. This is fantastic.
    edited August 2019
    My only two complaints about season 2:

1. The parallel of what is happening in Trench life and his son Brian and what the killers talk about in the interviews (and Trench reactions to it) wasn't very elegantly executed. Heavy handed as hell.
     and

2. I feel they interject Holden and Trench to much into the action and to the forefront. Soon they will be breaking down doors with their guns blazing. I don't know how much Douglas and Ressler were involved in Atlanta. But if they were not sitting by the bridge where they caught Wayne Williams - then they shouldn't have been sitting there in the series.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Stalled on ep 6 I think.  Really like it so far, just have yet to finish.  
    Good.... everything.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    I'm up to episode 8. Really enjoying this season. I like how they've gotten more into the other characters this season since S1 was primarily focused on Holden

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I finished and didn't like the finish.  I understand why it was the way it was, and also why some might like the end.
    I didn't.  
    That said, I find the hunt parts fascinating and could watch many seasons more.  
    Also, I didn't like the Tench storyline.  Again, understand it, just didn't like it that much.
    Really a good series, look forward to #3.

The love he receives is the love that is saved