Options

What are you learning right now?

I'm not necessarily speaking of going to school, more about self teaching. Although, if you're taking a class somewhere for fun, I would love to hear about it.

I'm interested in the basics of automotive repair/maintenance. So, if someone has a YouTube channel that they especially trust for instruction, help a sister out. :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    I think I'm going to have to learn by being my dad's apprentice. That's probably my best bet.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I think I'm going to have to learn by being my dad's apprentice. That's probably my best bet.
    That's how I learned. Problem is that we only worked on older cars at the time, so I'm still in the dark with many issues on the cars we own now. Fuel injection and computer circuitry were not part of the curriculum back then.

I often wish that I'd just worked with him and said fuck college. I certainly wouldn't be more than $200K in debt if I'd followed that path.

Hell, I remember asking my pop for a dollar to go get a Coke or something at the corner store, and he'd pull this huge wad of cash out of his sock, sift through a mass of large bills to get to my one before sending me on my way. That dude had zero debt, except to bookies. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    That's how I learned. Problem is that we only worked on older cars at the time, so I'm still in the dark with many issues on the cars we own now. Fuel injection and computer circuitry were not part of the curriculum back then.

I often wish that I'd just worked with him and said fuck college. I certainly wouldn't be more than $200K in debt if I'd followed that path.

Hell, I remember asking my pop for a dollar to go get a Coke or something at the corner store, and he'd pull this huge wad of cash out of his sock, sift through a mass of large bills to get to my one before sending me on my way. That dude had zero debt, except to bookies. 
    Shit! I'm going to start calling you Dr. dankind even if you aren't one.
  • Options
    Do you concur, Doctor?
  • Options
    dankind said:

I'm glad you didn't pass up the opportunity to learn from your dad about cars. I had mechanics on both sides of my family and I think if I would've shown the least bit of interest, they would've been more than happy to let me stand by and watch/learn. I'm kicking myself for it now.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Not a doctor, but if you want to call me master ...

https://youtu.be/yNgx9hpHXtw

:lol:
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I'm going to call you Master of shitty quality live videos. 
  • Options
    I'm going to call you Master of shitty quality live videos. 
    I didn't shoot the fucking thing. Sheesh.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HAHAHA
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited August 2019
    I learned how to play Velouria by the Pixies on guitar this evening
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I learned how to play Velouria by the Pixies on guitar this evening
    :plus_one:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Just the rhythm guitar though
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    I’m learning how to paint with watercolor. Used to only work with acrylics before. 
    I‘d love to be able to play the guitar!! 
    I’m impressed, Rin! I can’t even change the tyre of my bicycle :lol:
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    I’m learning how to paint with watercolor. Used to only work with acrylics before. 
    I‘d love to be able to play the guitar!! 
    I’m impressed, Rin! I can’t even change the tyre of my bicycle :lol:
    I love watercolor paintings, Julie! Awesome!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited August 2019
    *and still....
    Post edited by hedonist on