How to stop White Terrorism in the U.S

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
Seems like far-right white men are becoming radicalized more and more frequently in the last few years. It’s almost as if they seem emboldened by something or someone.  I wonder why and I wonder how it can be contained?
Too many people are dying. 

This tweet by the former Deputy AG is interesting. 

chinese-happy.jpg

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

chinese-happy.jpg
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    There's no stopping it.
    Trump will get elected again because our country is full of low-class morons, the killing will continue and I have nothing left but hope that it won't touch my own family and friends.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    So sad to be reduced to such a selfish and insular posture.
    At least we have candidates willing to call it what it is right now, that's a ray of hope.
    Fox and Friends hasn't mentioned the manifesto, and they won't name the guns used, only the calibers...classic move that reminds me of some here on the boards.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Not easy to stop it. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be tackled.

1) Remove the racist president and any of his apologists from office through elections
    2) Oh crap - I guess #1 has to be protect our elections from foreign powers. The Russians and our dumb outrage culture has us here.
    3) Must work for common sense gun laws. Except of course they aren’t common. And we did nothing after a bunch of kids got shot up. Hmmm this might be hard.
    4) Reduce the amount of $ any one organization can give to politicians.  Hahahaha ok this is hard.
    5) Eliminate the NRA. It’s a hate organization that is openly working against everything America stands for except 1 amendment. 
    6) Actually solve immigration through a comprehensive approach that incorporates border security, deporting people here illegally, but with a defined approach that allows a path to citizenship for some here.

ok this is hard. But then again, work is hard. Don’t we pay our politicians to work?

hippiemom = goodness
  • MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659

1) Remove the racist president and any of his apologists from office through elections
    2) Oh crap - I guess #1 has to be protect our elections from foreign powers. The Russians and our dumb outrage culture has us here.
    3) Must work for common sense gun laws. Except of course they aren’t common. And we did nothing after a bunch of kids got shot up. Hmmm this might be hard.
    4) Reduce the amount of $ any one organization can give to politicians.  Hahahaha ok this is hard.
    5) Eliminate the NRA. It’s a hate organization that is openly working against everything America stands for except 1 amendment. 
    6) Actually solve immigration through a comprehensive approach that incorporates border security, deporting people here illegally, but with a defined approach that allows a path to citizenship for some here.

ok this is hard. But then again, work is hard. Don’t we pay our politicians to work?

This
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I think enforcing immigration laws and strengthening the borders will at least help to take an excuse away from these psychos.  

You can still allow plenty of immigrants and asylum seekers in the country, but doing it legally.  Like every other country does.  I have been saying this for years that enforcing the laws or changing them would get rid of a lot of the issues we are dealing with now.  For one, Trump would not be president.  The Dems by allowing everyone in and paying for their every need in order to build a permanent majority are part of this problem.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I think enforcing immigration laws and strengthening the borders will at least help to take an excuse away from these psychos.  

You can still allow plenty of immigrants and asylum seekers in the country, but doing it legally.  Like every other country does.  I have been saying this for years that enforcing the laws or changing them would get rid of a lot of the issues we are dealing with now.  For one, Trump would not be president.  The Dems by allowing everyone in and paying for their every need in order to build a permanent majority are part of this problem.
    Your like faux not one mentions of gun laws lol please try again ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659

When did we come to the conclusion that placating psychos was the way to go?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited August 2019

Your like faux not one mentions of gun laws lol please try again ..
    Come on.  This is a conversation.   I didn’t realize every post must be a fully comprehensive plan with every item that needs to be changed.  I am for heavy gun control.  I wouldn’t care if they were completely outlawed.   More likely to hurt a family member than an intruder.  The fact is that because of the lack of gun controls it will take a 100 years for people who want to do harm with a gun to not have access.   Comprehensive immigration reform can take ten years. 

You are are smart enough to know why Trump was able to get elected and it was because of my post above.  Trump used the lack of law enforcement  as an excuse for jobs going away  and all that was wrong with America.  Until something changes you will still have these psychos doing what they are doing because you can’t get rid of millions of weapons that are in circulation.

Stop arguing with people that you have a lot of common agreement with and have a conversation.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    This country is screwed, sadly.  It wasn’t long ago that ISIS was doing the same and the Dems wouldn’t call it what it was.  Now we have white supremacists doing it and the Repubs won’t call it what it is. The polarized and grid-locked political system, with zero chance at compromise, will continue to bring this country to its knees.  I agree with posts above that enforcing immigration laws would help. That’s aside from the obvious of needing MUCH tougher gun laws. Has to happen. 

Sadly it seems 2 and 5 might be related given the Russian are helping to finance the NRA...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So how many less immigrants coming into this country would it take for these massacres to stop ? 
    So how many less immigrants coming into this country would it take for these massacres to stop ? 
    It’s not the number of immigrants the posts above me are referring to.  It’s not enforcing immigration law that is problematic. There’s more required than just that to help the problem, of course. 
    bbiggs said:
    It’s not the number of immigrants the posts above me are referring to.  It’s not enforcing immigration law that is problematic. There’s more required than just that to help the problem, of course. 
    Again if there were no immigrants coming from Latin American countries there wouldn’t be any massacres ? 
    We need immigration reforms no doubt about it last time I checked we haven’t had an immigrant take out 20 people with an assault weapon , this country is divided and the idiot in chief is to blame for that !
    bbiggs said:
    Again if there were no immigrants coming from Latin American countries there wouldn’t be any massacres ? 
    We need immigration reforms no doubt about it last time I checked we haven’t had an immigrant take out 20 people with an assault weapon , this country is divided and the idiot in chief is to blame for that !
    I never said no immigrants from Latin America = no massacres.  

Trump is fueling the fire but to think the country wasn’t divided before him would be naive. The division is deeply rooted. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Trump is fueling the fire but to think the country wasn’t divided before him would be naive. The division is deeply rooted. 
    Orange Baffoon came into office in 2016 he could of tried to bring the country together but what did he do he chose to divide , to make the immigrants the bad guys , the rapist , the filthy , desease riden on & on again the buck stops with who ? 
    ^ Dont know but I hope the buck stops with someone real soon. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Dont know but I hope the buck stops with someone real soon. 

bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

The buck has to stop with the president followed by Congress to address this national issue , just about every other president before him has taken the bull by the horns or at least tried too ...
    today he probably got up heard about the 2nd massacre and got ready for the 1st tee ....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Isn't George W Bush is the POS that did not sign the renewal of the assault weapons ban?

Give Peas A Chance…
    Isn't George W Bush is the POS that did not sign the renewal of the assault weapons ban?

No. It was a 10 year ban. Congress failed to either extend it or start a new one. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

No. It was a 10 year ban. Congress failed to either extend it or start a new one. 
    Why only a 10-year ban?  Does that seem like illogical thinking?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    I agree with most everything those of you above have said.  Some excellent posts here.  I'm just not sure though how much the immigration issue has to do with these mass killings.  My own take on what causes them is:

-not having strict enough gun laws and screening (what cincy said)
    -lack of education.  Too many  Americans are not very well educated.  Well educated people are less likely to become mass murderers.
    -poor leadership starting at the top.  A racist misogynist makes for setting a poor example.
    -lack of hope and inspiration.  The U.S. is severely stymied by ennui, dissatisfaction and little to be proud of or inspired by.
    -overcrowding.  It's long been proven that overcrowding leads to social problems.  Overpopulation drives overcrowding.

If those are valid reasons, then the solutions are obvious:
    -strict gun laws and screening.
    -a focus on quality education and especially, quality educators.
    -vote out POS politicians especially You Know Who (I don't even like to use his name anymore)
    -find ways to restore hope and inspiration through qualities like sharing, helping, kindness, benevolence, creativity and great leadership
    -reducing population.  This starts with better education for women.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Brian - interesting that one of your areas is over-population. Yet you don’t think immigration is part of the issue? I hadn’t looked at it that way.

i think immigration is the issue that has helped bring this violence forward recently due to the talk of our politicians and media. I’m not sure why I have to type this but I feel if I don’t someone will drop the dumbass “both sides” comment - obviously due to trump and places like Fox News demonizing people instead of the broken system.  I guess it could be any number of issues that stir up unrest in people. That unrest can turn to hate, especially with the Internet feeding it. You can always find nourishment for whatever stupid hate thing you have on the Internet. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    Brian - interesting that one of your areas is over-population. Yet you don’t think immigration is part of the issue? I hadn’t looked at it that way.

i think immigration is the issue that has helped bring this violence forward recently due to the talk of our politicians and media. I’m not sure why I have to type this but I feel if I don’t someone will drop the dumbass “both sides” comment - obviously due to trump and places like Fox News demonizing people instead of the broken system.  I guess it could be any number of issues that stir up unrest in people. That unrest can turn to hate, especially with the Internet feeding it. You can always find nourishment for whatever stupid hate thing you have on the Internet. 
    Perhaps I'm to knee-jerk about it, but I almost always attribute overpopulation as at least a part of any social problem. 

Maybe I'm wrong about immigration being a motive for these shootings but if it were, wouldn't the immigrants be the target instead of people enjoying a drink in a bar or sampling garlic related products at a fair?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

Perhaps I'm to knee-jerk about it, but I almost always attribute overpopulation as at least a part of any social problem. 

Maybe I'm wrong about immigration being a motive for these shootings but if it were, wouldn't the immigrants be the target instead of people enjoying a drink in a bar or sampling garlic related products at a fair?
    I’m not saying a motive in all. But El Paso it certainly was. Dude drove 9 hours to the location. 

hippiemom = goodness
    brianlux said:

I’m not saying a motive in all. But El Paso it certainly was. Dude drove 9 hours to the location. 

I haven't read anything connecting immigration to the El Paso slayings.  Would be interested to see what there is that way.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    A racist, white supremacist drives 9 hours to commit a mass murder and says that he was driven to it because of immigration, and people actually agree with him and say that this is an indicator that immigration is partly to blame? A big hell no to that!

The purported motives of a mass murderer should not be influencing our policies; logic, science, compassion and law should influence our policies. If this mass murderer drove to a setting mostly filled with women, shot a few dozen women and girls, and said that he was driven to it because of the problems of feminism, would people agree and say yeah,  we need to do something about all of these uppity women driving men to violence? 

It's bizarre that people actually think that "immigration helped bring this violence forward". Guns and racism brought this violence forward.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    A racist, white supremacist drives 9 hours to commit a mass murder and says that he was driven to it because of immigration, and people actually agree with him and say that this is an indicator that immigration is partly to blame? A big hell no to that!

The purported motives of a mass murderer should not be influencing our policies; logic, science, compassion and law should influence our policies. If this mass murderer drove to a setting mostly filled with women, shot a few dozen women and girls, and said that he was driven to it because of the problems of feminism, would people agree and say yeah,  we need to do something about all of these uppity women driving men to violence? 

It's bizarre that people actually think that "immigration helped bring this violence forward". Guns and racism brought this violence forward.
    The “normalization” has begun.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I haven't read anything connecting immigration to the El Paso slayings.  Would be interested to see what there is that way.
    Perhaps on not being clear. Immigrants not to blame, the immigration issue and rhetoric helped radicalize the killer.
    hippiemom = goodness