Options

PJ should do an Acoustic Album

JC29866JC29866 Chicago Posts: 80
edited July 2019 in The Porch
For many years, I have thought PJ should record a thoughtful, acoustic album. Perhaps in the vein of Neil Young’s Harvest Moon.  It seems silly to me (and undoubtedly to the band) that they continue to portray themselves as the same band that performed “Blood” “Leash” and all their other screamers. PJ needs to tone it down, do an acostic album and tour small theaters. Eddie Vedder solo shows are better than Pearl Jam shows at this point, and for good reason. They are all old men now, albeit very talented old men who would do better from giving up the hard stuff.  “What about the Stones?,” you say? They get away with it, because they are a Blues band at heart.  Grunge does not have the same staying power.  PJ should reinvent themselves for Round 2
Post edited by JC29866 on

Comments

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 743
    No please no.......i would like a 'mid 90's bad-ass rock album' :)
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    Um. No.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    They should...

.... with Neil Young 

#freeMirrorball2
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Respectfully disagree.  Strongly.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,153
    "Eddie Vedder solo shows are better than Pearl Jam shows at this point, " 

Saw 2 Eddie shows this year and 5 PJ last year and couldn't disagree more with that statement. 

Eddie shows are a great substitute when there's no PJ shows but there's no way they are as good 
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    YOU should do an acoustic album then Pearl Jam can buy it...
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    That'd be really cool - I tend to agree. The smaller venues would be unreal, but talk about hard to get tickets, those bad boys would be outrageously expensive and hard to come by. A Benaroya like album with the small venue touring would be awesome. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Acoustic start or acoustic show would be nice but full album nah. Into the Wild 2 would be nice though on top of a killer new PJ album. 
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    You know what would also be awesome, a golfer with an arm growing out of his ass. I bet that would really draw a crowd.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    You know what would also be awesome, a golfer with an arm growing out of his ass. I bet that would really draw a crowd.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Oh my...

• Options
    Agree - a simple google image search with his phrase, and there is was.  (I used butt instead, since I didn't want to see anything obscene.)
  • Options
    Agree - a simple google image search with his phrase, and there is was.  (I used butt instead, since I didn't want to see anything obscene.)
    Picking the ball out of the hole would be a lot easier on the back at least...
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058
    No. 

“PJ needs to tone it down” hahahahaha!!!
  • Options
    PhoolPhool Milwaukee, WI Posts: 74
    Let’s be honest, with the current time between albums I think a lot of us would be fine getting an album of the band singing as a barbershop quartet.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Phool said:
    Let’s be honest, with the current time between albums I think a lot of us would be fine getting an album of the band singing as a barbershop quartet.
    *Quintet
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    they should just do an album

danny d
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I'll take anything
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Robbert said:
    No please no.......i would like a 'mid 90's bad-ass rock album' :)
    I don’t know if a straight up acoustic album is the best idea... but them trying to do a 90’s bad-ass rock album would probably come off as incredibly forced.  I’d love them to prove me wrong though
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    A new album would great..... Another Benaroya Hall would collect dust after two weeks.
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Automatic for the (good) People. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 897
    BF89905 said:
    A new album would great..... Another Benaroya Hall would collect dust after two weeks.
    Hmm, guess I’d have to disagree with that. Acoustic PJ is often some of the best. Benaroya Hall gets continued replay for me.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Do you not know about Live At Benaroya Hall?
    Do you not know about Live At The Showbox?

Get your rocks off on those acoustic sets. And the boys don't make purely hard rock badass albums front to back? Each album is mixed with hard and slow melodies. Picture yourself as a fucking rock star. It's in their blood to rock out. They are bloody well PUNK to a degree and you can't take the punk out of the rocker. The crews next albums will continue to blow us away, continue to inspire, continue to confuse (remember how many times you had to listen to so many PJ songs before it grew on you?? Fuck that's a great feeling.) and continue to rock. Ed will always scream when he feels the need to. He's a passionate mah'fker. He'll soothe himself when he needs to. The other boys will write rock songs, punk songs, melodies and bluesy tunes here and there until this band has run its course. It's fucking PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!! PEARL JAM!!!!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    nothing wrong with an acoustic album. Doesnt mean it has to me overly mellow. 
    Something like Alice in chains jar of flies / sap