13»

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    edited July 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    or flip....
    i heard for in demand posters ie rome(emek) bot from 10c, that are "not for resale" , people buy it. then they trade it for a poster of equal market value and then flip the poster they got in a straight up trade. big money made
    seems like easy money and nothing 10c can do about it. 
    Depends on how aggressive they want to get. They could raise poster prices and squeeze flippers. Maybe even vary based on perceived demand - I think we have an idea of the hot ones. It's kinda risky and kinda labor intensive, but it is possible. 

I also understand if they don't give a shit and just want to sell through stock as fast as possible.

They don't care. They could have sold a few from last year for $300-500 and still have sold them all in under a day.
    You can certainly make the argument. The two things I often wonder are how many they have vs how many people are paying up to that full market value. It's an interesting proposition. 
    I’ve been shocked at how cheap AP posters from past years have been on the secondary market lately.  If you play your cards right, you can find most of them for under 100, some less than 80.  Just need to know where to look.  Goes to show how saturated the market is, everyone buys these 10c drops and flippers swarm the artist drops, but 2 years later they’re stuck with them and are trying to unload.
    I feel like that’s the result of the ballpark shows.  AP runs have been as high as 300 instead of the usual 100 for those shows. And multiply that by 4 posters per show. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    or flip....
    i heard for in demand posters ie rome(emek) bot from 10c, that are "not for resale" , people buy it. then they trade it for a poster of equal market value and then flip the poster they got in a straight up trade. big money made
    seems like easy money and nothing 10c can do about it. 
    Depends on how aggressive they want to get. They could raise poster prices and squeeze flippers. Maybe even vary based on perceived demand - I think we have an idea of the hot ones. It's kinda risky and kinda labor intensive, but it is possible. 

I also understand if they don't give a shit and just want to sell through stock as fast as possible.

They don't care. They could have sold a few from last year for $300-500 and still have sold them all in under a day.
    You can certainly make the argument. The two things I often wonder are how many they have vs how many people are paying up to that full market value. It's an interesting proposition. 
    I’ve been shocked at how cheap AP posters from past years have been on the secondary market lately.  If you play your cards right, you can find most of them for under 100, some less than 80.  Just need to know where to look.  Goes to show how saturated the market is, everyone buys these 10c drops and flippers swarm the artist drops, but 2 years later they’re stuck with them and are trying to unload.
    I feel like that’s the result of the ballpark shows.  AP runs have been as high as 300 instead of the usual 100 for those shows. And multiply that by 4 posters per show. 
    Actually 5 per show last year for Chicago. (Ames elephant, Thomas train, Jackson prohibition lady, Fairclough Arms and Baby brain) 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    They did 5 posters each for Fenway 16 and 18.
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 897
    The obvious way to get flippers is to make more posters available. It’s demand based. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    KN219077 said:
    The obvious way to get flippers is to make more posters available. It’s demand based. 
    The tricky part with increasing supply is at a certain point you wind up with surplus inventory and even eroding demand.

A lot of things happen between the time they're commissioning posters and actually selling them. Getting a sense for which ones are moving and which aren't seems to happen pretty late in the game.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    pjl44 said:
    KN219077 said:
    The tricky part with increasing supply is at a certain point you wind up with surplus inventory and even eroding demand.

A lot of things happen between the time they're commissioning posters and actually selling them. Getting a sense for which ones are moving and which aren't seems to happen pretty late in the game.

Mystery boxes seems to help offset moments like those.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    which posters went on sale so far from ev solo shows?thanks 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    which posters went on sale so far from ev solo shows?thanks 
    Amsterdam Night 1&2.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited July 2019
    I dont know.  APs of bad posters sell out then they sit.  APs of nice posters remain as crazy as ever afterwards.  

I dont see much of a change.  Flippers are possibly getting smarter tho because at least one undesirable AP took hours to sell out.  

The higher AP runs for the ballpark shows helped for last year’s market but at the same time none of those posters were anything special
    Post edited by cp3iverson on