Options

Contest winner

In the July newsletter I saw my name (or someone with the same name) as a contest winner. Does 10club notify you if you are a winner? 

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    In the July newsletter I saw my name (or someone with the same name) as a contest winner. Does 10club notify you if you are a winner? 
    Yes they do.

I was going to be snarky and say "nope prize just shows up one day!" but my humor doesn't translate to text well sometimes.

Hopefully there is a message in your spam box about winning!
  • Options
    Well, I searched before I posted and someone in 2017 said it did just show up. 😆 but I thought they may have upped their game. 
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,519
    Congrats dude! Nice to see fans getting the goods 👍
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 385
    I think there was an instance of same name in the past but hope you scored a win!
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
    Ten Club reaches out directly to the contest winner to notify them that they've won.
    Better luck next time!

• Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Burned!!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,507
    Burned!!
    My 7 and 5 year olds say Roasted!

Guess it’s out with the old in with the new.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    I thought this thread was going to be about George Costanza when I opened it.
  • Options
    Seriously (some of you) guys...do you have to be jerks? My name is Amy S. I know I am not the only fan, but geez, why would I not wonder? Eddie’s number one rule is “don’t be an asshole”, try it some time. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited July 2019
    Sea said:
    Ten Club reaches out directly to the contest winner to notify them that they've won.
    Better luck next time!

Have a heart. Send the woman an Amsterdam poster or a mug.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    edited July 2019
    @Nikkidoula - I don't think anyone here was being a jerk at all. Sea is the moderator here and gave you the official answer to the question you asked. The 2 posts after it  were likely a big Homer Simpson "DOH".

People around here would love to have a winner from this board and post any winnings here. As a whole, it's a damn good group of friendly giving people in this group. Except for @Tempo_n_groove, that guy is pretty much the epitome of jerk (amongst many other less than desirable things). 😁Hang out some, post some, get to know some and have fun!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Thanks for the friendly responses back. I normally don’t post here, unless I have a question. But, maybe I should start. I don’t ever win anything, so just the thought was exciting. 😊
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the friendly responses back. I normally don’t post here, unless I have a question. But, maybe I should start. I don’t ever win anything, so just the thought was exciting. 😊
    I would have been completely jazzed, too.  

-- Another Amy on the boards. :smiley: 

(And no, I am not the contest winner Amy.)  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    deadendp said:

You are the life winner Amy!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:

You are the life winner Amy!
    Oh, absolutely!  With a giant case of bronchitis and laryngitis! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,992
    I thought this thread was going to be about George Costanza when I opened it.

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    I had the same thing happen a couple years ago, someone with same name and last initial won, but unfortunately wasn't me.

(Who knew there were so many Bort Q's in the Ten Club)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    @Nikkidoula - I don't think anyone here was being a jerk at all. Sea is the moderator here and gave you the official answer to the question you asked. The 2 posts after it  were likely a big Homer Simpson "DOH".

People around here would love to have a winner from this board and post any winnings here. As a whole, it's a damn good group of friendly giving people in this group. Except for @Tempo_n_groove, that guy is pretty much the epitome of jerk (amongst many other less than desirable things). 😁Hang out some, post some, get to know some and have fun!
    Hahahahaha!!! Love it!!!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    Come join us in the "Sweden is a superior country to the US" thread.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    My maiden name is Amy S. so it was funny when I saw that.  Sorry you didn’t win.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    "Amy S?" That's a peculiar surname.