Lil Wayne drops out of Blink-182 tour after 20 minutes.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    A crowd full of white people?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
     buck502000 said:
    40's-50 something white people, lol.

I can't believe he wanted to do this in the first place?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
     buck502000 said:

I would have believed Lil Wayne was bigger than Blink.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
     buck502000 said:

I would have believed Lil Wayne was bigger than Blink.
    He is. It’s just his fans can’t stand Blink so much (understandably) that they wont buy a ticket. This is hilarious 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Love Lil Wayne.  Legend
  • Will come again on the beltway hopefully..
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Oddest match-up I've heard of since Jimi Hendrix opening for The Monkees.

But to walk off after 20 minutes?  That's chicken shit.  No respect for that.  Hendrix made it through seven show.  C'mon, man.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• How long was the whole opera? I've not been to a lot of shows...very how have been more than 45 minute sets with an intermission and another 45 minutes...total less than 2 hours for my restless soul...
  • Jimi and the monkees!!!??? Would give me the shimmie shakes for a lifetime !!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Jimi and the monkees!!!??? Would give me the shimmie shakes for a lifetime !!!
    Weird, huh?!  What's interesting is that it was sort of Michael Nesmith and Mickey's Dolenz's idea in the first place:

For Nesmith, it all began on a fateful day in 1967 when a dinner with friends somehow ended with the group all listening to a cassette club recording of Jimi Hendrix's song "Hey Joe." Nesmith wrote, "Everyone at the table was silent, and it dawned on me that we were all speechless. We all stared at the recorder as if it were some type of alien egg, something from far outside the limits of our normal waking state." Nesmith continued "When the song was over, someone said, 'How could anybody be that good?'"

Nesmith didn't know the answer, but as the genius behind many Monkees hits ("Mary, Mary," "The Girl I Knew Somewhere," "Sunny Girlfriend"), he was impressed by this newcomer. Heading home, his head still blaring Jimi's sound, Nesmith encountered the next strange event on this curiously serendipitous night:

"When I got back to the hotel after that dinner, I ran into Micky Dolenz. He told me he had seen Hendrix and asked him if he would be the opening act for the next leg of the Monkees tour, and Jimi had agreed." Nesmith was all of us when he captured his clashing immediate feelings, "I was thrilled and confused."

Nesmith in particular went on to shed his teeny-bopper image and did some interesting work with his First National Band.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• That's some surreal sharing...thanks so much! Could not have imagined that acquaintance any differently now that you have shared it...thanks again!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Weezy is back on the tour by the way.   All is well
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    brianlux said:
    Jimi and the monkees!!!??? Would give me the shimmie shakes for a lifetime !!!
    Weird, huh?!  What's interesting is that it was sort of Michael Nesmith and Mickey's Dolenz's idea in the first place:

For Nesmith, it all began on a fateful day in 1967 when a dinner with friends somehow ended with the group all listening to a cassette club recording of Jimi Hendrix's song "Hey Joe." Nesmith wrote, "Everyone at the table was silent, and it dawned on me that we were all speechless. We all stared at the recorder as if it were some type of alien egg, something from far outside the limits of our normal waking state." Nesmith continued "When the song was over, someone said, 'How could anybody be that good?'"

Nesmith didn't know the answer, but as the genius behind many Monkees hits ("Mary, Mary," "The Girl I Knew Somewhere," "Sunny Girlfriend"), he was impressed by this newcomer. Heading home, his head still blaring Jimi's sound, Nesmith encountered the next strange event on this curiously serendipitous night:

"When I got back to the hotel after that dinner, I ran into Micky Dolenz. He told me he had seen Hendrix and asked him if he would be the opening act for the next leg of the Monkees tour, and Jimi had agreed." Nesmith was all of us when he captured his clashing immediate feelings, "I was thrilled and confused."

Nesmith in particular went on to shed his teeny-bopper image and did some interesting work with his First National Band.

Noel Gallagher opening up for Smashing Pumpkins on their European tour felt really weird. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Wiz Khalifa and Fall Out Boy have toured together multiple times if I am remembering correctly. Seemed to work out well for them. That is exactly what this Blink/Wayne tour reminded me of at first. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Wiz Khalifa and Fall Out Boy have toured together multiple times if I am remembering correctly. Seemed to work out well for them. That is exactly what this Blink/Wayne tour reminded me of at first. 
    Awolnation opened up for Prophets of Rage.  I moved up on the floor to see them close while myself and 3 other people knew who they were, everyone else had no clue.

They played great but the crowd sucked.  This band wasn't in most of the attendees wheelhouse...
  • pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    To be honest the tour has been going on for a few weeks at least. So that night when Lil Wayne walked off, it was not the first night.