Options

Here's a story...

musicsam3musicsam3 Posts: 233
Heres a story...

Im in the 10 club.
Im told by them that on the 10th of every month there will be a newsletter.
On the 9th of the month I know tomorrow will be the 10th.
I anticipate.
Bing, newsletter.
"Limited edition of blah available"
I log in, try to purchase blah.
I get blah, sometimes I don't.
If I do I say "SWEET!"
If I don't I say "DARN!"

Any other story is a story of a victim or of an entitled human.

End of story.

Comments

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    I think this story implies a dismissal of human nature which would be really difficult for everyone to do. But just imagine how many posts there would be on these forums if everyone followed your lead. My guess would be... 17 posts total. Too boring! All that personality really livens things up around here and that's something. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    ...of a lovely lady who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls. All of them had hair of gold like their mother, the youngest one in curls...
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Jed said:
    I think this story implies a dismissal of human nature which would be really difficult for everyone to do. But just imagine how many posts there would be on these forums if everyone followed your lead. My guess would be... 17 posts total. Too boring! All that personality really livens things up around here and that's something. 
    I respectfully disagree Jed, here's why-

There are countless posts here regarding Pearl Jams music. Experiences at concerts. Friends found by connecting through the band.
    There are many different forums, some for buying, selling, and trading of goods. Some for lyrics, links, musicians to discuss gear.
    Countless. These are in NO WAY boring. Human nature is NOT about victimization, or entitlement. Those two latter things are NOT personality. They don't LIVEN up anything. 

But then again, some people enjoy watching others fight. Some people slow down to stare at car accidents.

I also don't equate those things to "human nature."
    Post edited by musicsam3 on
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    ...of a lovely lady who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls. All of them had hair of gold like their mother, the youngest one in curls...
    lol, I know, I kept singing that to myself!!!