Ten Club Contests

pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
Has anyone on here ever won one of these. I know people win but god damn I would be over the moon if I was ever picked. 
Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Comments

• ManUnitedManUnited Jersey Shore Posts: 160
    I did !

VIP box at Fenway Park (N1 I think) a few years ago. Keep in mind the VIP box was the worst seats in the house but had a great time and got to meet Tim.
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Awesome. Congrats!!!!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    A friend won a signed bowling ball and copy of ‘Ishmael’ with a personalized note from Eddie giving her an A++ on her project. This was during the ‘Yield’ period.
    The contest was to read ‘Ishmael’ and submit your impressions of it. Could be an essay, poem, song or art piece. 
    Her entry was a painting of a baby eating trees, flowers, animals and other products of Nature and crapping out products of manufacturing  like cars, televisions, pollution, Coca-Cola, tanks bombs, etc...
    It’s the best Pearl Jam item I have ever seen.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    That is so awesome. Sounds like a cool project. Thanks for the great story. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Man i was hoping to win one of those extra mysterious mystery boxes
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    People really win on MTV!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    Cosmo said:
    A friend won a signed bowling ball and copy of ‘Ishmael’ with a personalized note from Eddie giving her an A++ on her project. This was during the ‘Yield’ period.
    The contest was to read ‘Ishmael’ and submit your impressions of it. Could be an essay, poem, song or art piece. 
    Her entry was a painting of a baby eating trees, flowers, animals and other products of Nature and crapping out products of manufacturing  like cars, televisions, pollution, Coca-Cola, tanks bombs, etc...
    I miss the days when their contests were creative things like this - poems, pictures, short stories. Yes, it's much easier to just click and be entered like we have them nowadays, but those old contests were fun. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    LukinFan said:
    Cosmo said:
    I miss the days when their contests were creative things like this - poems, pictures, short stories. Yes, it's much easier to just click and be entered like we have them nowadays, but those old contests were fun. 
    That does sound fun.. And her entry was very creative - she must have enjoyed getting an A++ and a note. That's very cool. 

Much more interactive than pushing a button. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I know one guy on here did about a year ago. Allen Heath (Speedy Box Turtle). He won a suite for the Seattle shows last year. Unfortunately he passed away a few weeks later

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Damn. That’s a sad story. RIP to Allen. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Well, I haven’t won a 10C contest, but I did just get notified I was one of three picked for the Jeff Ament’s Army giveaway on twitter! 
    Sweet. Congratulations!!!🍾 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Can you win more than once? Theoretically, that is. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    Ever a euro winner?. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    I wanted the Jeff Ament basketball SOOOOOO BADLY!!!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    The contest lacks any heart or creativity nowadays. Before it was all about doing things, I remember being in one in like 2007(?) where you were to make a gig poster. 

What is the points of the contests now?

EDIT: 

Maybe it was 2008. Uploaded this to my FB in 2008 atleast. Haha. Can understand why I didn't won.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    The contest lacks any heart or creativity nowadays. Before it was all about doing things, I remember being in one in like 2007(?) where you were to make a gig poster. 

EDIT: 

Maybe it was 2008. Uploaded this to my FB in 2008 atleast. Haha. Can understand why I didn't won.

I like that more than about 95% of the posters in the last decade.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

EDIT: 

I would have bought it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    Same  me too. Nice job
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    I like to picture my Pearl Jam contests like a big “Gum Ball Rally” race from Boston to Seattle and I’m in a Uber Winnebago with “team degenerate” and we’re gettin wasted!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2019
    ed243421 said:
    I like to picture my Pearl Jam contests like a big “Gum Ball Rally” race from Boston to Seattle and I’m in a Uber Winnebago with “team degenerate” and we’re gettin wasted!

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508

EDIT: 

That is legit...Nice job...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    Cosmo said:
    A bowling ball!?!?! I don't remember this. Is there any way we could see a picture of it?

EDIT: 

I like that more than about 95% of the posters in the last decade.

EDIT: 

I would have bought it
    Same  me too. Nice job
    cjzoly said:

EDIT: 

That is legit...Nice job...
    ... haha. Thanks...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    dankind said:
    ed243421 said:

See the source image
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Hobbes said:
    dankind said:
    ed243421 said:

See the source image
    He never got over Sally Field :(
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hobbes said:
    dankind said:
    ed243421 said:

See the source image
    I'm quite sure that he did--probably under her as well.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    dankind said:
    ed243421 said:

See the source image
    I'm quite sure that he did--probably under her as well.
    See the source image
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Topic integrity please. Thank you