*** Eddie Vedder Wembley Stadium Fanviews Here 7/6/19 ***

2»

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,823
    We can all see full set is not an hour lets not mess about. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    I thought a full set would mean 90 minutes but to be truthful, I bought my tickets on the day they went on sale as I was happy to see both on the same bill.  I think it was the result of poor ticket sales that led to the promotion coming weeks after tickets went on sale saying full set and also the underground posters.
    A bit naughty really, as that maybe convinced EV fans who were wavering to take the plunge and buy tickets....
    It seems very much at odds with anything I've ever seen before but then again , by the letter of the law, full set didn't say 90 minutes so it could have meant 60 minutes.... Good old live nation.... 

This!

What Live Nation considers a full set , may not be what us rabid PJ / EV fans feel is a full set.

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 740
    Matts3221 said:
    I thought a full set would mean 90 minutes but to be truthful, I bought my tickets on the day they went on sale as I was happy to see both on the same bill.  I think it was the result of poor ticket sales that led to the promotion coming weeks after tickets went on sale saying full set and also the underground posters.
    A bit naughty really, as that maybe convinced EV fans who were wavering to take the plunge and buy tickets....
    It seems very much at odds with anything I've ever seen before but then again , by the letter of the law, full set didn't say 90 minutes so it could have meant 60 minutes.... Good old live nation.... 

This!

What Live Nation considers a full set , may not be what us rabid PJ / EV fans feel is a full set.

Oh believe me they know......they know a 'full set' is not a 1 hour set.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,823
    I cant believe some people  here  are condoning  it. Mind blowing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    I cant believe some people  here  are condoning  it. Mind blowing
    Are you actually surprised? Ed could have played three Songs and people would somehow defend it.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,834
    I guess we're all witnessing what promoters will do to sell tickets.
    Opening act= 5-7 songs
    Full set= 10+ songs

• JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Kearn5y said:
    Dont forget this advert

Christ... I forgot about that one!! That's ridiculous.
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 918
    Did it ever say .  'Supported by eddie vedder'. We all know that would be 45 mins to 60 mins if he was just supporting. A support act plays less then an hour. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    eboweddie said:
    Did it ever say .  'Supported by eddie vedder'. We all know that would be 45 mins to 60 mins if he was just supporting. A support act plays less then an hour. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    eboweddie said:
    If it would say "opening act/supported by Eddie Vedder WHO WILL PLAY A FULL SET" him being an opening act would be, concerning length of the show, trumped by the "WHO WILL PLAY A FULL FUCKING SET OF SONGS" part.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 918
    If it only said supported by eddie, ok 60 mins, fair enough.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • JSPJSP Posts: 1
    My opinion was Eddie was amazing and sounded fantastic. 
    Though the full set is the issue. 
    This was part of his European tour, seems every show gor 25 to 30 songs and we got 13.
    Plus only 1 with the who.

And on a side note, we had someone behind us who didn't stop talking about how many times he has seen EV and PJ even through Eddie's set!! Why spend the money and then talk through it! 

In my eyes the who were poor, they did a decent 30mins and one with Ed the orchestra stuff didn't work, could hardly hear petes guitar and never heard the bass once even though John Entwistles sound was such a big part of the who. 
    I bought the tickets on the 10club presale so paid full price which is fine but I did want more EV for my money.

We don't get enough EV or PJ shows in England so we need more songs when we do please!! 
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    a full set is not 60minutes. imo
    but a ticket to the who with ed opening is still absolutely priceless...
  • kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    The issue all stems from prices. They tickets were priced way too high and sales were very slow as a result. Once the promoter saw that sales were slow they started promoting Ed more to try and shift the tickets. 

The poster of Ed on his own is scandalous. Totally misleading as to what was really going to happen and was always planned. I expected 60 mins from Ed but thought it might be closer to 90 when I saw the "Full Set" posters. 

Anyway, lesson learnt. It was a fun day out and Ed was superb - the best I've heard him sound for ages. 
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Jezz people , I know the internet if full of people arguing , please know that is not my intent , having been to 100's if not 1000's of shows over my life , I just meant that typical even headlining bands play fairly short sets ( 60-90 mins ). That is the headliner , so when you have EV opening for "The Who" and say you had not been to a PJ/EV concert then you would expect a full set to be an hour.

Had this been The Who and EV ( not the other opening acts ) then I could see a 90 mins set possible going in , I have no dog in this fight as I was not going to the show but had it been in Boston I would have skipped it just knowing what I would be getting into.

I am not defending EV or Live Nation just saying that we can agree to disagree on a "full set" on a Who show with an opening band.  Ed would have ended up playing longer than The Who.

Had he opened for Phish ( that would be very strange but hey never know ) and it said full set I would then think ok 90 mins makes sense here.

edited July 2019
    Matts3221 said:

Jezz people , I know the internet if full of people arguing , please know that is not my intent , having been to 100's if not 1000's of shows over my life , I just meant that typical even headlining bands play fairly short sets ( 60-90 mins ). That is the headliner , so when you have EV opening for "The Who" and say you had not been to a PJ/EV concert then you would expect a full set to be an hour.

Had this been The Who and EV ( not the other opening acts ) then I could see a 90 mins set possible going in , I have no dog in this fight as I was not going to the show but had it been in Boston I would have skipped it just knowing what I would be getting into.

I am not defending EV or Live Nation just saying that we can agree to disagree on a "full set" on a Who show with an opening band.  Ed would have ended up playing longer than The Who.

Had he opened for Phish ( that would be very strange but hey never know ) and it said full set I would then think ok 90 mins makes sense here.

Then why didn't the promoter write out that Ghost would play "a full set" when opening up for Metallica - because they played an hour - Like pretty much every other opening band in history. Ghost was just a regular old opening band and played an hour.

You don't need to write out that someone will play a "full set" if it is an hour - because that isn't uncommon for an opening band to do so (roughly).

So obviously people will think it would be more than an hour when the promoter takes the time to write out it will be a full set. 

What would you have believed if it would not have stood "full set"? That Eddie would play 20 minutes?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Neither concert poster says anything about Eddie being a support act. They both say special guest of The Who and both say Full Set. I would take that to mean co headlining with equal set times each. Time doesn’t matter. The way it was advertised Eddie and The Who should have had equal stage time. Just my interpretation of the posters. What’s done is done. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,727
    Matts3221 said:

If you put full set besides Eddie Vedders name you are telling the public that Eddie Vedder is going to play a full set that is normal to him. Not a full set that is normal for a supporting act or anything else you want to compare it to. They knew what they were doing putting that there since sales were lukewarm at best after the initial sale. Everyone knows how long Eddie plays and if you did not then that full set message was not for you in the first place. It was for the people on the fence on whether they should buy tickets or not because he was just a supporting act and once the time came for them to deliver on their advertisement they failed hence why those that went are so upset. I had friends from Canada go over just for this show because it was a full set. Think about the $$$ they spent for 12 songs. 
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,912
    Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
    Thank you