8.    Wishlist/Portugal improv
9.    Drifting
10.    I’m Open
11.    Off He Goes
12.    Satellite with Red Limo
13.    Long Nights with Glen Hansard (bass) & Red Limo
14.    Black with Glen Hansard (acoustic guitar) & Red Limo
15.    Parting Ways
16.    Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) with Red Limo
17.    Lukin
18.    Porch
19.    Red Limo improv-Jeremy
20.    I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
21.    People Have The Power-(Smith, Smith) 20 seconds just repeats phrase twice while strumming guitar
22.    Imagine-(Lennon)
23.    Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) with Glen Hansard & Red Limo
24.    Smile with Glen Hansard and Red Limo
25.    Society-(Hannan) with Glen Hansard and Red Limo
26.    Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard and Red Limo (red limo sings only)
27.    Indifference (20 seconds)
28.    Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) with Glen Hansard and Red Limo

Glen Hansard
1.    Grace Beneath The Pines (A cappella off mic )
2.    Fool’s Game
3.    I’ll Be You, Be Me
4.    When Your Mind’s Made Up
5.    Shelter Me
6.    Way Back In The Way Back When
7.    Devil Town-(Daniel Johnston) {A cappella}
8.    This Gift

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thank you, John, for the set list and notes.

Tagged:

Comments

• OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    Everyone had a great night.
    F'ing Long Nights got me good. Glen ripping the cords was epic too.
    The venue deserved a second night, but it's ok. Glad to see all the travelers happy and have them experience the power and passion from the portuguese crowd made us all happy. :clap:
    Cheers :heart:
  • silvosilvo Posts: 283
    Wow that looks a great set
  • silvosilvo Posts: 283
    Long Nights!!!! Hope this stays for the rest of the shows
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    No more fanviews? Was it as awesome as it looked?
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    Smile. Parting ways. Off he goes. Wow. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 723
    Looks like the previous shows were preseason games and now the real season has started. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• prlprl Posts: 124
    edited June 2019
    Really amazing show! Eddie was in the best mood I've ever seen. The crowd was amazing, as usual in Portugal, singing and getting energy levels through the roof. Glen also got some well deserved love from the audience and he clearly enjoyed it.

The setlist was amazing, lots of great stuff in there. Drifting was a highlight for me. During the song Eddie started making up this story of a guy telling his boss he can't go to work because he's sick when in fact he wants to go surfing. Very losely, it went along the lines of: "hey boss, I'm sick today, got a sore throat. It's a coincidence that we have 10 ft waves today. And they say the sea water is actually good for my throat". Great moment. Long Nights, Satellite, Smile, Black, Immortality, Imagine were other highlights for me.

Towards the end of the show a girl showed a sign that read "Your music saved my sanity". Eddie acknowledged the sign and told her how their music even made him lose his mind at certain moments. Not that the music was the problem, it just highlighted problems that he had inside and had to be delt with. Either way, wine was definetly not one of those problems (his words) so he opened a bottle of wine and shared a glass with her (he made sure the glass got to her).

A little girl in the second row was really tired and was sleeping when Eddie came to the rail. Eddie asked that everyone made less noise so we wouldn't wake her up. Turns out it was the little girl's 10th birthday so she had the crowd sing "happy birthday" to her and Eddie gave her his harmonica. Later on Eddie came back to the rail and sang a bit for her and she gave him a peck in the cheek as a thank you. Great moment and definetly great memories for the little girl.

Post edited by prl on
  • LenzLenz Posts: 89
     prl said:
    Really amazing show! Eddie was in the best mood I've ever seen. The crowd was amazing, as usual in Portugal, singing and getting energy levels through the roof. Glen also got some well deserved love from the audience and he clearly enjoyed it.

The setlist was amazing, lots of great stuff in there. Drifting was a highlight for me. During the song Eddie started making up this story of a guy telling his boss he can't go to work because he's sick when in fact he wants to go surfing. Very losely, it went along the lines of: "hey boss, I'm sick today, got a sore throat. It's a coincidence that we have 10 ft waves today. And they say the sea water is actually good for my throat". Great moment. Long Nights, Satellite, Smile, Black, Immortality, Imagine were other highlights for me.

Towards the end of the show a girl showed a sign that read "Your music saved my sanity". Eddie acknowledged the sign and told her how their music even made him lose his mind at certain moments. Not that the music was the problem, it just highlighted problems that he had inside and had to be delt with. Either way, wine was definetly not one of those problems (his words) so he opened a bottle of wine and shared a glass with her (he made sure the glass got to her).

A little girl in the second row was really tired and was sleeping when Eddie came to the rail. Eddie asked that everyone made less noise so we wouldn't wake her up. Turns out it was the little girl's 10th birthday so she had the crowd sing "happy birthday" to her and Eddie gave her his harmonica. Later on Eddie came back to the rail and sang a bit for her and she gave him a peck in the cheek as a thank you. Great moment and definetly great memories for the little girl.

Reading this makes me very happy
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Lenz said:
     prl said:

And terribly excited for the next shows =)
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    In the setlist thread, Dimi posted he gave a shout out to stone mike Jeff and Matt. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    In the setlist thread, Dimi posted he gave a shout out to stone mike Jeff and Matt. 
    He did.
  • LenzLenz Posts: 89
    JPPJ84 said:
    Lenz said:
     prl said:

And terribly excited for the next shows =)
    Should be great
  • OceansOceans Posts: 86
    Finally getting around to writing about this show as I'm gearing up for Madrid.

First and foremost, everyone was enjoying themselves outdoors before the show, sipping on beer and enjoying the great weather even though it was quite windy.  I could tell immediately that this crowd was special, perhaps perfect for Eddie.  Everyone was very respectful and really kept their place in their seats, and sat down for all the quiet numbers.  

Glen came out shredding his guitar and his beard has gone white from red since the last time I saw him years ago.  When Ed came on, he looked happy and kept commenting about being year years ago and all the surfing around.  Although his family was not here, this was a special venue for him and he treated us to some delightful songs.

The notables that I saw was immortality, Off he goes, I'm open, and Smile.  I've seen him do this before, but he commented on seeing a young girl getting sleepy and then started hushing the crowd to be quiet.  It got real quiet and he was whispering and then...

played Lukin as loud as he could!  haha, gets me every time.  If anyone gets a chance to visit Portugal, the people are incredibly friendly and the food out of this world.  The people, temperature with its cool breeze off the water make this place a great spot to visit.  Hope Pearl Jam makes this a spot on their next tour...
  • rcpintorcpinto Posts: 3
    prl said:

The little girl is my daughter! It was her 9th birthday, and she was tired from the big day, fell asleep after the first 3,4 songs and when Ed went to give the girl in front of us some wine e spotted her sleeping next to me and winked.
    Afterwards he played lukin and talked about her. She slept the 1st part of the show. 
    Then when he came back and saw she had awaken he came to the rail and gave her  kiss and asked how many she'd been.
    After Smile he gave her the harmonica and the security gave me the box also, momenta later.
    What a truly amazing night!! 
    My daughter was in awe, so amazed....
    Gave us memories and a treasure for many years to come. 
    rcpinto said:
    prl said:

The little girl is my daughter! It was her 9th birthday, and she was tired from the big day, fell asleep after the first 3,4 songs and when Ed went to give the girl in front of us some wine e spotted her sleeping next to me and winked.
    Afterwards he played lukin and talked about her. She slept the 1st part of the show. 
    Then when he came back and saw she had awaken he came to the rail and gave her  kiss and asked how many she'd been.
    After Smile he gave her the harmonica and the security gave me the box also, momenta later.
    What a truly amazing night!! 
    My daughter was in awe, so amazed....
    Gave us memories and a treasure for many years to come. 
    I was right behind you guys! Hope you got that pick he sent flying your way :)
    We didn't, but the harmonica was a really nice gesture!
  • cocheese77cocheese77 Manchester UK Posts: 29
    rcpinto said:
    rcpinto did you see the pictures on Facebook posted by Nuno Pereira? He has some great photos when Eddie sang to your daughter at the rail. 
    My wife and I sat next to you on your right. We really wanted to find that plectrum for her but the harmonica is soooo cool. 

Rick and Karen
    www.stickittoms.com

Birmingham 2009 582 Drummers
    Manchester 2012 798 Drummers!!

Raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society
    cocheese77 said:
    rcpinto said:
    rcpinto did you see the pictures on Facebook posted by Nuno Pereira? He has some great photos when Eddie sang to your daughter at the rail. 
    My wife and I sat next to you on your right. We really wanted to find that plectrum for her but the harmonica is soooo cool. 

Rick and Karen
    I didn't saw the pictures, can you send a link?
    The harmonica was the best!!!
    My daughter still gets emotional everytime someone asks about how it was.... Oh boy...

• KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Great story about you daughter! Reminds me of Missoula 18 where he singled out a daughter on her dad’s shoulders and commented on her energy. I could see them both just beaming! I believe it was between Down and Lightning Bolt.. I think he scrapped Green Disease and subbed in LB for her...just a guess as to the change in set at that time
  • cocheese77cocheese77 Manchester UK Posts: 29
    rcpinto here are the pics. Please note these are not my pics they belong to Nuno Pereira

www.stickittoms.com

Birmingham 2009 582 Drummers
    Manchester 2012 798 Drummers!!

Raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society
  • LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61
    rcpinto here are the pics. Please note these are not my pics they belong to Nuno Pereira

I m so glad i could register that moment for your girl to remember if it was so special for me i can only imagine what she could have felt. 
    Only sorry that the pic eddie throw could not reach her. 
  • LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61

This was another Memory i got from Lisbon.