Tour Merch

TBibbyTBibby Posts: 393
Does anyone know who handles tour merch? 
I've sent a mail to 10c complaining about everything being sold out and 10C members missing out on posters and stuff. (And folks running around with 7 poster tubes)

Their reply: '10c doesnt handle tour merch' 

Nothing more nothing less;  really good customer service. 

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Same story on every tour..
    amateurs..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    TBibby said:
    Does anyone know who handles tour merch?
    TSURT has handled tour merch for the past 10 years.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited June 2019
    What are your expectations?  
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,597
    If you want specific stuff you usually have to put time waiting. Not the worst thing to do. Meet other fans...just hard if you have to work or cant wait.
  • TBibbyTBibby Posts: 393
    My expectations? Well, they could for those who have 'won' the lottery make it available to buy the specific date items like posters, pins etc through 10C. Not all of us are capable (or willing) to wait 17h in line for merch.  

Or at least put a friggin' limit per person. You see folks running around with several poster tubes like wtf... Ed solo Zippo's for 30$ in merch stand, sold out, 30 minutes later for 150$ on ebay.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited June 2019
    TBibby said:
    My expectations? Well, they could for those who have 'won' the lottery make it available to buy the specific date items like posters, pins etc through 10C. Not all of us are capable (or willing) to wait 17h in line for merch.  

Or at least put a friggin' limit per person. You see folks running around with several poster tubes like wtf... Ed solo Zippo's for 30$ in merch stand, sold out, 30 minutes later for 150$ on ebay.  

My advice....let it go and enjoy the concert.  It is what the teenage version of you would have done at the concert.  You'll go merch crazy for 10 years and then realize it isn't worth it and then go back to enjoying concerts and walking straight past the merch stand.  Just skip the crazy 10 years and enjoy the music. 

I did the merch scene from 2006 - 2016 and now quit.  My PJ friends got heavy into the merch as well and now have all backed off.  It just isn't worth spending so much time and energy on it. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    TBibby said:

They did that once for the Spectrum shows and haven't done it since that I'm aware of. Some aspects of it must have not been positive. 

Overall, I agree with bootlegger. Either line up early or just let it go. Nowadays I get whatever I can get that fits my schedule and don't worry about the rest. Don't let the stuff impact the show.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    I find the response interesting.  I'd always assumed that 10c ran all of the bands operations, website, merch sales, ticketing, everything.   It might be a short email, but it does indicate that Pearl Jam uses entities other than 10c to deal with their operations.   I did always think it was weird they used their fan club to run the whole operation :)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    So who would be the boss to complain about these stuff to, if not 10C. Kelly Curtis management?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    So who would be the boss to complain about these stuff to, if not 10C. Kelly Curtis management?
    This company has apparently been doing EV/PJ merch for a decade now. They can see how stuff is selling night in and night out which informs selection, quantity, price, limits, etc. If the complaint is just "a bunch of the stuff I wanted sold out," it's probably not worth an email.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    pjl44 said:
    This company has apparently been doing EV/PJ merch for a decade now. They can see how stuff is selling night in and night out which informs selection, quantity, price, limits, etc. If the complaint is just "a bunch of the stuff I wanted sold out," it's probably not worth an email.
    If its done by a third party my guess is their only goal is to ”sell as much shit s possible”. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    pjl44 said:
    If its done by a third party my guess is their only goal is to ”sell as much shit s possible”. 
    "......without sitting on massive inventory at the end of a tour."
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    Loujoe said:
    If you want specific stuff you usually have to put time waiting. Not the worst thing to do. Meet other fans...just hard if you have to work or cant wait.
    Waited in line about just under 2 hours with my wife for Seattle merch last year.  Enjoyed every moment.  Met many fans from all across the world.   For me it’s part of the PJ experience.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • 21bottles21bottles Parkersburg, WV Posts: 27
    I've always found the merch to be overpriced and unimpressive.  Except the Pendleton posters, those were sick.  Saves me money for beers I suppose!
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    You have to put in the time to get merch from EV or PJ.  You can always wait for a poster drop through 10c or an AP sale, but those aren't easy to get.  The line is never easy in and easy out with a buffet of filled boxes to choose from.  

We waited for 4 1/2 hours at Wrigley.  (May have been slightly less.)  We waited in the torrential rain with occasional lightning, but we all had a great time.  I don't think I saw anyone leave that line.  Our hands were pruned for a few days, but we got what we wanted and we were able to visit.  It was all good. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1