Options

See something, say something... unless...

124»

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    This case is 2 years old, not really a rush. Lots of info on it. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    edited June 2019
    Talking about those that jumped on the restaurant over the last couple years
    Post edited by cincybearcat on
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    Ahh, okay. Sorry I misunderstood.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    mace1229 said:
    Ahh, okay. Sorry I misunderstood.
    No worries. For me it was clear ... but I know my thoughts. I should be more clear. It is a fault of mine that continues...though I do try.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    edited June 2019
    we’ve built this social idea of see something, say something.  But apparently if you are wrong you end up front lines of the news.  How do we manage this idea of anything that seems suspicious that you should report vs you might be wrong and vilified?
    it is my opinion, it is not my job to do your job. i am not a member of the security forces... i will not participate in your prejudicial propaganda that seeks to alienate and marginalise certain minorities. in short..  DO YOUR FUCKIN' JOB so that i dont have to do it for you and so that we all(the community) can live in peace... even though we actually already are... so what is your job exactly? however if i see a person who i definitely think is up to no good then i will tell someone who can act. 
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    we’ve built this social idea of see something, say something.  But apparently if you are wrong you end up front lines of the news.  How do we manage this idea of anything that seems suspicious that you should report vs you might be wrong and vilified?
    it is my opinion, it is not my job to do your job. i am not a member of the security forces... i will not participate in your prejudicial propaganda that seeks to alienate and marginalise certain minorities. in short..  DO YOUR FUCKIN' JOB so that i dont have to do it for you and so that we all(the community) can live in peace... even though we actually already are... so what is your job exactly? however if i see a person who i definitely think is up to no good then i will tell someone who can act. 
    NYC has the greatest propaganda machine going on.  The term "see something, say something" has been the rally cry after 9/11 and has stuck.

Their PR here is amazing.

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited July 2019

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    Hi! said:
    I watched this on HLN.

It's a race issue because the dude happened to be black.  

If you know your area and see someone out of place I get it.  Not sure how else this goes down without being ugly?
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited July 2019
    Hi! said:
    I watched this on HLN.

It's a race issue because the dude happened to be black.  

If you know your area and see someone out of place I get it.  Not sure how else this goes down without being ugly?
    Yeah, this was really interesting. I wasn’t quite sure what to think. They’re so many different variables at play here. The guy who called, his Dad, was apparently killed by a trespasser when he was younger, so that could of been in play. But it makes me wonder if he was scared or felt like the guy was a robber or whatever, why would he have his kid with him when he confronted the individual?Seems irresponsible to put your kid in danger, if that’s how he truly felt. I will say one thing, he must be a good Dad because his son seems so sweet and intelligent. I watched an interview with the black guy and there was actually a few things not seen on the tape. For example: The caller told the cops that the black guy threatened his life, which clearly didn’t happen.
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022