Chances of Eddie and Glen Hansard doing an album together?

Glen Hansard is Neil-Young-productive with a new album like... every other year? He is a working musician to say the least. 

Eddie isn't as productive. I, and others, thought that this tour could be preceded by some new material. That was not the case.

Any chance Eddie and his "best friend" (as he called Glen in Brussels) might make an album together? Eddie seems to admire Glen a hell of a lot, and if there is one thing Glen knows - it is how to record and release albums.
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Chances of Eddie and Glen Hansard doing an album together? 32 votes

0%
40%
E.Kdarwinstheorymcgruff10NewJPagebootlegger10on2legslastexitlondonForiginal SinjoberschlakeKearn5yFranklin Delano BluthaurelgugusLerxst1992 13 votes
1-49%
43%
noorampjl44tschavmfc2006BrainofBGADr.Teeth and the Electric Mayhbk159954KN219077thevachonPJ_SouljunkyardWaitnSince67Heppearljamsam97 14 votes
50% (coin toss)
12%
Gary CarterLukinFanchadaw76JPPJ84 4 votes
51-99%
3%
hadrielia 1 vote
100%
0%

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I thought at one point there was a rumor they were doing an album, but I guess that never materialized.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    0%
    new music isn’t on the radar for Ed and the gang.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    50% (coin toss)
    I‘d love to see/hear that happen!
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    1-49%
    Doing a guest appearance on a song here and there, definitely possible. Not a full album’s worth.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    0%
    I would love to see Eddie collaborate on an album with Jeff, Stone, Mike and Matt.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    0%
    My opinion  is they  are not musically the  same kind of thing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    0%
    Ed doesn't seem to be much into creating new albums albums these days. In the event that he gets that pitch, I would think he'd make a solo record or try to make one with the band. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    0%
    Dont give a shit about Glen. 
    Kearnsy
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    on2legs said:
    I would love to see Eddie collaborate on an album with Jeff, Stone, Mike and Matt.  
    This right here ^^^^
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2019
    1-49%
    I can't say 0%, because just about anything is possible. But my choice represents only the 1% end of this scale.... I don't really understand what Eddie's up to anymore, but if he came up with new original music (outside of PJ) right now, alone or with anyone, I'd be completely shocked.... I do hope to be shocked. And I would totally buy an album by EV and GH.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    1-49%
    Same here on leaning towards 1% - and most likely the only way they'd do anything would be a soundtrack (Into the Wild / Once)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    0%
    Does ed write songs anymore?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    mcgruff10 said:
    Does ed write songs anymore?
    When someone famous from Hollywood asks him atleast. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    I thought an ed and glen album had been recorded and ready to go but was shelved for some unknown reason.  Sometime around the year of Lightning Bolt I believe.  
    0%
    I never heard that
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    1-49%
    Doesn't seem likely but what do I know. Would love to hear one, though. 
    1-49%
    verceman said:
    I thought an ed and glen album had been recorded and ready to go but was shelved for some unknown reason.  Sometime around the year of Lightning Bolt I believe.  
    I never heard that either.... I feel like that would have been pretty big news on the boards if true.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    Someone has to back me up on this, no?  Am I losing my mind...
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Eddie was featured on Glen's 2013 EP on the title song - Drive All Night which also had Jake Clemons (Bruce cover). Eddie wasn't on the other 3 songs on the EP thought other artists were.

I love that version of Drive All Night. 

Not an album collaboration but a song collaboration on an EP around that time period. 
    1-49%
    njnancy said:
    Eddie was featured on Glen's 2013 EP on the title song - Drive All Night which also had Jake Clemons (Bruce cover). Eddie wasn't on the other 3 songs on the EP thought other artists were.

I love that version of Drive All Night. 

Not an album collaboration but a song collaboration on an EP around that time period. 
    Yeah, that is an awesome song. Great EP all around. Maybe I'll spin it tonight!
    edited June 2019
    1-49%
    verceman said:
    Yeah, that's not an album. Drive All Night was maybe one of those songs, and I assume the others (one more? Two more?) were scrapped, since they never saw the light of day.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    PJ_Soul said:
    verceman said:
    Yeah, that's not an album. Drive All Night was maybe one of those songs, and I assume the others (one more? Two more?) were scrapped, since they never saw the light of day.
    The EP had 4 songs and came out in December 2013 ( 11 months after that article). Drive All Night was the EV and GH collab, 2 other songs were collabs with other artists and the last song was just GH. Probably why it was an EP and not an LP, they didn't proceed with the 'rest of the songs'. 
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    0%
    I have just seen Glen Hansard in Brussels and maybe it was a bad day for him but I have not been particularly impressed.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I have just seen Glen Hansard in Brussels and maybe it was a bad day for him but I have not been particularly impressed.
    Did you miss he covered Leonard Cohen? :O 

WHEN HAS EDDIE VEDDER EVER DONE THAT?

"The Future" live in 2020 - lets go Pearl Jam!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited June 2019
    This just showed up this morning....
    Buy it before the prices get ridiculous.  Been out of print for a while.  If this what an album would sound like sign me up. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Agree with what some others have said. It just doesn't seem like Ed is creating much these days. I would love to see this happen but I don't think it will.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    0%
    Listen to glens other ep a season on the  line. Sooo fuckin good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    0%
    .bootlegger10 said:
    new music isn’t on the radar for Ed and the gang.

But but but but new music is "forthcoming "

Ed is so busy slaving away on the Forthcoming album he is too busy to record with Glen. Plus I believe a worldwide Frames tour is upcoming. So glens busy too.

Maybe after that, and PJs grand 2020 release of "Forthcoming" followed by a world tour including Canada Alaska Minnesota California Australia NZ + the usual places then a PJ 30 movie followed by a PJ 30 world tour.

Busy times forthcoming!