Red Limo String Quartet:
Sietse van Gorkom-Violin
Camila van der Kooij-Violin
Rani Kumar-Viola
Jonas Pap-Cello

Ed Onstage 21:01
Ed Offstage 23:22
Intro Music Tuolumne

1.    Keep Me In Your Heart-(Calderon, Zevon)
2.    Girl From The North Country-(Dylan)
3.    I Am Mine
4.    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
5.    Indifference
6.    Brain Damage-(Waters)
7.    Immortality
8.    You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
9.    No Ceiling
10.    Far Behind
11.    Guaranteed with Red Limo
12.    Can’t Keep with Red Limo
13.    Sleeping By Myself with Red Limo
14.    The Ship Song-(Cave) With Red Limo
15.    Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) with Red Limo
16.    Porch
{Ed leaves stage}
17.    Red Limo String Quartet improv
18.    Alive-performed by Red Limo only
{Ed back onstage}
19.    Isn’t It A Pity-(Harrison) with Red Limo
20.    Unthought Known
21.    I Am A Patriot-(Van Zandt)
22.    Just Breathe with Red Limo
23.    Sleepless Nights-(Bryant, Bryant) with Glen Hansard
24.    Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) with Glen Hansard and Red Limo
25.    Smile with Glen Hansard and Red Limo
26.    Society with Glen Hansard and Red Limo
27.    Should I Stay Or Should I Go?-(Headon, Jones, Simonon, Strummer)
28.    Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen and Red Limo
29.    Rocking In The Free World with Glen and Red Limo

Glen Hansard Set List
1.    Grace Beneath The Pines {busk}
2.    Don’t Settle
3.    Shelter Me (?)
4.    When Your Minds Made Up
5.    Way Back In The Way Back When
6.    Fool’s Game
7.    Her Mercy

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thank you, John, for the set list and notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    silvosilvo Posts: 285
    Wow I bet that version of Smile with Glen and the strings was amazing. Hoping for that and Immortality in Berlin!!
  • Options
    cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
    edited June 2019
    Perfect set, perfect show

Ship song was a highlight. Ed telling he met nick cave in brussels last year.

Alive by red limo was awesome.

glen hansard was a little mad because of the noise from the crowd (he thought it was the crowd but its actually the building that has bad acoustics). Ed joked about it when glen was back on stage.

great great show
    Post edited by cyrielbuysse on
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Best EV solo show I’ve been to. Crowd was unreal. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,888
    ^thats a fine endorsement  as you have seen a load.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    cocheese77cocheese77 Manchester UK Posts: 29
    An incredible night. The atmosphere was something else. Ship song left us open mouthed.

The crowd singing along to Alive with the Red Limo Quartet will leave a lasting memory that will
    not fade. (We are attending many shows on this tour and were wondering which town would burst into song first...well done Brussels you win!!!
    www.stickittoms.com

Birmingham 2009 582 Drummers
    Manchester 2012 798 Drummers!!

Raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society
  • Options
    InHiding_InEuropeInHiding_InEurope Brussels Posts: 22
    edited June 2019
    Great, really great show!
    I was a bit sceptical about the venue after Amsterdam's more intimate AFAS Live. Eddie joked, that with the promising name of "Forest National" he had expected something different than this a bit outdated, medium-size arena. But it proved to be the right setting for a mix of a sometimes intimate- sometimes rock show-vibe, that the crowd produced. The sound during Eddie's show- at least on the floor - was again great, despite apparant problems of the venue (which Glen suffered...).
    The sing-along to "Alive" by Red Limo String Quartett was very special. Quartett seemed really happy about the response and Ed congratulated and commented that if the fight/incident high up on the tribune in the first minutes of the show contributed to getting us to this point it was at least worth for something.
    I had been hoping for "Girl from the North Country" since the "Water on the Road" DVD. Other highligts: "Ship Song", "Betterman" with "Save it for later" tag, "Indifference", all performed with extra special intensity. "No ceiling" which I love.
    The improvised "Smile", which Eddie spontaneously threw in, was a great surprise; Glen not hitting the right chords didn't matter at all that stage of the night. An assistant finally seemed to bring him a print-out of the right chords.
    Definitely a night to remember....

Post edited by InHiding_InEurope on
    1996 Barcelona - 2009 Berlin - 2010 Berlin - 2014 Berlin - 2017 EV Amsterdam 3 - 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Pinkpop, Barcelona - 2019 EV Amsterdam 1, EV Brussels - 2022 Berlin - Frankfurt - Amsterdam
  • Options
    Thanks so much for sharing some details...it delights me to know how he is spreading such joy around the world!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,888
    Did anyone  get a pick . Just  curious as to what ed is using this tour?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 229
      cocheese77 said:
    An incredible night. The atmosphere was something else. Ship song left us open mouthed.

The crowd singing along to Alive with the Red Limo Quartet will leave a lasting memory that will
    not fade. (We are attending many shows on this tour and were wondering which town would burst into song first...well done Brussels you win!!!
    That's exactly what I felt. Amazing, awesome and special evening! So much energy, sharing, good feelings and vibes. I'm still in until today.
    The setlist was amazing, Ed's voice was beautiful.
    The sing along on Alive with the Red Limo was a magical moment. I will keep it in my heart for many years. I loved all the songs with the Quartet as in 2017, very very very special!
    Indifference, immortality, song of good hope, ship song, etc., oh man, I can not choose, all the songs of the set was so good done. Smile that was not planned, thank you Ed for adding it, so perfect and intense!
    Many thanks to Ed, the Red Limo Quartet, Glen, the entire crew and to us, the crowd. I love to see shows in my country, the Belgians are always super hot at live shows;). 
    Oh, and to the guys who pushed my 72-year-old father to go ahead, you seem to have forgotten the "don't be an asshole" rule. I understand that you want to go in front and the security should not have stopped you but push violently an old man and make it almost fall, it's not ok.

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH TEN CLUB FOR THIS FUCKING SEATS!!!!! 2nd row on the left side. I almost cried when I saw where we were. You did a very good job. I can't thank you enough!

One night that I will never forget, so much joy and hapiness!!!!!

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    First EV show, the crowd and the sound were awesome but I was a bit disappointing by the setlist, too many covers and too few EV/PJ songs.
    My ticket buddy has really enjoyed the show so maybe it was me because my expectations were too high about seeing PJ deep cuts like dead man, Driftin, No more or Parting ways.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?