Women with yellow umbrella

cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
Apologies if previously discussed and I did a search with nothing showing so does anyone remember, know of, or are you the women with the yellow umbrella?  My last sighting was either PJ20 or sometime in Pittsburgh prior to that.  We’ve been to 34 concerts since 2011 and never saw her again.  Maybe it was because she was finally fully acknowledged by the band the last time we saw her. Just curious if anyone knows anything 

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Apologies if previously discussed and I did a search with nothing showing so does anyone remember, know of, or are you the women with the yellow umbrella?  My last sighting was either PJ20 or sometime in Pittsburgh prior to that.  We’ve been to 34 concerts since 2011 and never saw her again.  Maybe it was because she was finally fully acknowledged by the band the last time we saw her. Just curious if anyone knows anything 

Wasn't she finally married in the last episode of How I met your mother?
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Woman
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Image result for how i met your mother yellow umbrella gif
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I have a yellow umbrella...perhaps it was me but I am not a lady woman
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    The Wash Umbrella?  I thought that was retired in 2000.
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

My thoughts exactly. That show was LEGEN.....wait for it....and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of the word is...DAIRY
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853

My thoughts exactly. That show was LEGEN.....wait for it....and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of the word is...DAIRY
    Awe-Some!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    CopperTom said:
    First show I ever attended, the Wash Umbrella worked.  So awesome!  It was white, though, if I recall correctly.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049

hahaha golden!!!!!! 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    CopperTom said:
    First show I ever attended, the Wash Umbrella worked.  So awesome!  It was white, though, if I recall correctly.
    You may be correct but I thought it was a woman who had been following them around everywhere with a yellow umbrella. But hey, I can barely remember resterday!  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    CopperTom said:
    You may be correct but I thought it was a woman who had been following them around everywhere with a yellow umbrella. But hey, I can barely remember resterday!  
    It very well could have been.  I just remember Ed announcing on the mic for "the woman with the white umbrella" to come up on stage.  And from where I was it appeared white, but that could be stage lights affecting it.  But if you're talking about the one with W-A-S-H spelled out  one letter per panel, then we're definitely talking the same umbrella.  I remember her name was Amy and in 2000 she had already racked up over 100 PJ shows.  Ed also reminded the crowd that trick wasn't gonna work for the rest of us.  (Now we hold small children up instead of umbrellas, lol.)
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Ray J. T. said:
    Image result for how i met your mother yellow umbrella gif

They certainly nailed the LIRR signage font, but if you were to search for the "Farhampton" station, I'm not sure that's a challenge worth accepting. 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    CopperTom said:
    It very well could have been.  I just remember Ed announcing on the mic for "the woman with the white umbrella" to come up on stage.  And from where I was it appeared white, but that could be stage lights affecting it.  But if you're talking about the one with W-A-S-H spelled out  one letter per panel, then we're definitely talking the same umbrella.  I remember her name was Amy and in 2000 she had already racked up over 100 PJ shows.  Ed also reminded the crowd that trick wasn't gonna work for the rest of us.  (Now we hold small children up instead of umbrellas, lol.)
    That’s it, the 2000 show because I remember him saying it wasn’t going to work anymore. And here I am thinking it was only ten years ago haha. And you’re probably right about the umbrella being white cause Ed does mumble a bit. Wonder if she still following them? Well thanks for helping to jog my memory