Barry

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Have yet to watch but will soon.  Comparisons to Pine Barrens?  Wow, must have been a cool 30 mins.  Pine Barrens is a classic.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Have yet to watch but will soon.  Comparisons to Pine Barrens?  Wow, must have been a cool 30 mins.  Pine Barrens is a classic.
    It's definitely unlike every other episode. Not as grounded in reality as previous episodes though...which was cool as a one-off. To people I've tried to turn on to Barry, I've described it as "Breaking Bad meets It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." I'm not sure how accurate I am with that description overall, but it definitely fits this episode. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Fucking Awesome Episode!!!! I get enough of this show!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    So Fonzie’s dead right? Or will Barry get there in time?!? 

This show really needs to be an hour long...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    So Fonzie’s dead right? Or will Barry get there in time?!? 

This show really needs to be an hour long...
    I can't believe they will kill off Fonzie.  I would be so disappointed, I guess we have to wait until Sunday!  Great season!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This guy's character is the best, and the best guy is playing him.

I really hope there are more episodes this season than last.
    We watched last week's episode earlier.

Less Sally, more of the others, please.  Good god is she annoying.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    hedonist said:
    We watched last week's episode earlier.

Less Sally, more of the others, please.  Good god is she annoying.
    Annoying is a nice word for Sally.
    She reminds me of Chloe O,'Brien on the show 24.
    Important part of the plot....good acting....I would like to see their character play in traffic.
    edited May 2019
    I think Sally is great.
    This show should be an hour long.
    The season should be more than eight episode.
    "Barry Burkman did this."

Also I've learned to suspend reality a bit with this show. The whole point seems to be how Barry deals with both of his lives and reconciles all the killing he's done. So he's always going to get away with it so the audience can watch how he balances those two worlds together. Now that will ratchet up tenfold next year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Suspend it a bit?!  I'm with you all the way (minus Sally, of course).
    hedonist said:
    Okay a lot. I'm just saying suspending it a lot usually ruins a show for me but with show it's different. He can walk out the back door of a super market, like it's nothing, while there are a hundred cops swarming and I'm okay with it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    hedonist said:
    Okay a lot. I'm just saying suspending it a lot usually ruins a show for me but with show it's different. He can walk out the back door of a super market, like it's nothing, while there are a hundred cops swarming and I'm okay with it!
    I think they've gone a great job creating an atmosphere where you don't have to suspend reality that much because the stuff that happens fits into that atmosphere. NoHo Hank, for example, can only exist in that atmosphere. The only time for me where I had to really suspend reality (even in that atmosphere of this crazy show) was when he fights that guy and his daughter. 

And going back to your previous post....

1) I don't like Sally at all and zone out during most of her scenes.
    2) There's been times I wished it was an hour too.
    3) Completely agree. Actually, until reading this post, I had no idea this was the last episode of the season
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I stuck through season 1 and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Hit its stride mid-season. Just finished season 2 and really liked it. NoHo Hank is a great character. I wish Barry would have killed Fuches a while ago. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    tbergs said:
    I stuck through season 1 and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Hit its stride mid-season. Just finished season 2 and really liked it. NoHo Hank is a great character. I wish Barry would have killed Fuches a while ago. 
    You can't kill Fuches. Stephen Root is just too damn awesome of an actor to dispose of willy nilly. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    You can't kill Fuches. Stephen Root is just too damn awesome of an actor to dispose of willy nilly. 
    I like him, but he could have died after the ronnie episode and I would have been fine with that.
    Fuches is awesome.  Kill Sally twenty times over before Fuches
    I actually like the Sally character and the dramatic irony that she provides as well. And the actress portraying her is crushing it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited May 2019
    dankind said:
    I actually like the Sally character and the dramatic irony that she provides as well. And the actress portraying her is crushing it.
    Glad I'm not the only one who likes her.

Now she and Barry both have to live with their respective secrets...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I don't mind Sally. We need some more Cristobal though.
    Actually---in addition to them both having big secrets, they also both have evil people who know their truths. It's an interesting parallel...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    tbergs said:
    I don't mind Sally. We need some more Cristobal though.
    The NoHo Hank and Cristobal bromance should be rekindled after Barry's massacre.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Goddammit, that was it?  We have yet to watch last Sunday's, but still...

To quote Maynard, "Not enough, I need more."

I get Sally's part in all of this (and agree on kudos to the actress) but she's still goddamned annoying.  I think that one scene where she wouldn't shut up is what sent me over the edge - I don't handle non-stop talking very well.
    edited May 2019
    hedonist said:
    Goddammit, that was it?  We have yet to watch last Sunday's, but still...

To quote Maynard, "Not enough, I need more."

I get Sally's part in all of this (and agree on kudos to the actress) but she's still goddamned annoying.  I think that one scene where she wouldn't shut up is what sent me over the edge - I don't handle non-stop talking very well.
    Right there with you.
    I think the actress is doing well -- I stand by my Chloe O'Brian comparison.  (Mary Lynn Rajskub was fucking brilliant in Mr Show and on Larry Sanders, as well as 24...in which she played one of the most annoying characters ever)
      Actresses SO good at making you want them to have a building fall on top of them. 

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    I liked that 3 minute monologue......and then Barry's reaction was even better: "HEY BERT, YOU SHIT BAG......WANNA TRY SOME PIIIIEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!"
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Shouldn’t season 3 be premiering soon?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    edited March 2020
    dankind said:
    Shouldn’t season 3 be premiering soon?
    IMDB shows one episode in the can right now. no others listed yet. no date on the first either. Last season aired beginning in late March.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    The world needs Barry right now! 

I mean, we could sure use NoHo Hank, am I right?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    We can always use Hank
    where the hell is this show?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    It is sorely missed. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM