Options

Hartford 2010 Show

Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 928
Hey everyone, thanks for the participation on last week's State College thread. This week the next show Live On 4 Legs is covering will be Hartford from 2010. This was turning into another solid night on the Backspacer tour until out of nowhere, Eddie said the acronym OTOTO - one time, one time only. The band proceeded to bust out Van Halen's Ain't Talkin Bout Love, a song that they'd only bring back two more times, one of those times being Hartford.

If you were at this show and have any good memories, stories or an experience you'd like to share, hit us up at liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com or start the conversation below. The was a fun show to be at and is just as great listening to the boot nine years later. Now only if they kept Gonna See My Friend in their rotation...
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    Stone and Jeff jamming to Porch while lying on the stage. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,942
    Hartford 2008 > 2010
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,841
    Ototo 
    crowd was insane!!!!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,672
    edited May 2019
    I remember the sound was great. Unthought known opened and Tom Tomorrow came out before Just Breath. Solid show, Ed sounded great. I remember severed hand and dissident being highlights. Awesome poster too.
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    OTOTO and Justin Hampton's incredible Norman Rockwell inspired poster immediately come to mind.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 401
    What a show and what a tour!!  This was the first of five shows for my wife and I.  We had driven down from Canada (Moncton, NB).  First stop was Hartford.  Then Boston, Newark, and New York City for the 2 MSG shows!  The vibe in Hartford was amazing.  We were settled into town and decided to go get our 10C tickets.  We went into the arena and into the line for 10C will-call.  Once we received our envelope we left the line and walked nervously towards the exit to get to the pre-party.  Before exiting we opened up the envelope and noticed a upper-case B on our ticket.  We had to go back and confirm with the box office employee but, sure enough, we won the second row lottery!  It was an amazing show and a hell of a vacation!
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • Options
    cockagecockage Posts: 456
    edited May 2019
    Post edited by cockage on
  • Options
    gregoryieldgregoryield Posts: 274
    The loudest PJ show I've ever been to...
    Probably my favorite version of Nothingman, too.
    PJx69
    EVx11
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I grew up in the suburbs of Hartford and I have seen more shows at this venue than any other. I was super excited to have pearl jam finally play the arena in Hartford instead of the crappy amphitheater down the road. Great vibe in the room and a great first set highlighted by rarely played Satan's Bed. I think Aint Talking About Love was dedicated to the UCONN women's basketball team and it was on fire. The crowd was stoked after that song. Just when you thought the show was ending, All Along the Watchtower. There is something about Hartford. Bands always seem to play great shows there, and this was no exception.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    I think I have been to every Hartford show since 96 and this is my favorite. I was about 12th row mikes side. When Aint talkin bout love started, everyone was out of their minds, we knew how special it was by 1/2 way through. The rest of the encores were a bit unable to get back to that high, honestly I dont know that a PJ show has since.
    2013 I thought was louder, but less amazing.
    The thing that stands out most for me for this show, was I paid $5 to park across the street from the venue. A refreshing change from the $40 at MSG. Hartford is never to be missed.
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 257
    Agree with the previous sentiments.  I feel like the crowd on this particular night made the show special.  Crowd was loud as hell and the band responded.  Dissident was the highlight for me....set the singalong tone for the evening.
    This was the only show I've ever sat behind the stage, but it was awesome!
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    Hey everyone, sorry it's taken some time for this one to come out but we hit a snag last week and couldn't record. Episode is now available!
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,442
    I've been to four Hartford shows:  the one in either 96 or 98 with the bumper sticker tickets when the TV's weren't on in the lawn and the guard rails got knocked down at the Meadows; 2008, 2010 and 2013.  All awesome shows.  I think both 2008 and 2010 the lines for will call were ridiculous in that they delayed one of the shows from starting.  XL Center or whatever it's called was friggin awesome.  I remember "One Time, One Time Only" like it was yesterday.  I've been to probably 25-30 PJ shows and have never seen a bad one.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    I've been to four Hartford shows:  the one in either 96 or 98 with the bumper sticker tickets when the TV's weren't on in the lawn and the guard rails got knocked down at the Meadows; 2008, 2010 and 2013.  All awesome shows.  I think both 2008 and 2010 the lines for will call were ridiculous in that they delayed one of the shows from starting.  XL Center or whatever it's called was friggin awesome.  I remember "One Time, One Time Only" like it was yesterday.  I've been to probably 25-30 PJ shows and have never seen a bad one.
    I was lucky enough to be at all those Hartford shows. All amazing and all a different feeling. The story of our lives. 
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Was a great show. I think I prefer 2008 setlist wise, but this one is right up there. Poster is on my short list of prints I need to get framed
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Was a great show. I think I prefer 2008 setlist wise, but this one is right up there. Poster is on my short list of prints I need to get framed
    That poster is a masterpiece.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    I must have been the only person there who was not familiar with Ain't Talking 'Bout Love. And what was the connection to UConn basketball - Ed made it sound like it was their warmup song or something, but I guess it was just a general random dedication. Show poster was indeed awesome, definitely picked that one up. Would like to see more shows at places like the Hartford Civic Center, easy parking, not overwhelmingly huge arena, great sightlines.
  • Options
    ceska said:
    I must have been the only person there who was not familiar with Ain't Talking 'Bout Love. And what was the connection to UConn basketball - Ed made it sound like it was their warmup song or something, but I guess it was just a general random dedication. Show poster was indeed awesome, definitely picked that one up. Would like to see more shows at places like the Hartford Civic Center, easy parking, not overwhelmingly huge arena, great sightlines.
    I don’t think the song has any relation to UConn per say. I think it was just an excuse to say that the crowd in Hartford deserved something special because of how great that team is. Hometown pandering, the crowd that night absolutely deserved it.

• Options
    khunterkhunter Posts: 7
    My first Pearl Jam show and no other band or show has come close in comparison since then.