Black Mirror - Netlflix Original Series

anyone watch this? I follow Joe Rogan on Twitter and he raved about it, so I checked it out. Watched 3 episodes last night. Very good. 
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• Start with season 1!  There are only a few episodes in each season.

It is an amazing show.  Disturbingly good.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    the first episode on netflix canada was the Space Fleet one. I don't know if that's season 1 or not. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• the first episode on netflix canada was the Space Fleet one. I don't know if that's season 1 or not. 
    That's the new season.

Check out season 1.  Only 3 episodes.

Enjoy!!!

Oh and I haven't seen that one yet.  I'm only 2 in to season 4 so far.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ha, my guy and I were talking about this just last night.  Gonna check it out this weekend.

(PS...I LOVE Joe - great mind and taste in music)
    the first episode on netflix canada was the Space Fleet one. I don't know if that's season 1 or not. 
    That's the new season.

Check out season 1.  Only 3 episodes.

Enjoy!!!

Oh and I haven't seen that one yet.  I'm only 2 in to season 4 so far.
    not sure where to see it. I don't have cable and that is the first season on netflix. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:
    Ha, my guy and I were talking about this just last night.  Gonna check it out this weekend.

I love Joe Rogan. he has some very intelligent thoughts on our existence, while being able to maintain a good grasp on having an open mind on everything. 

and watching him go at it with flat earthers on twitter is entertaining AF. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    I'm on 4ep at s4..GREAT show..the s3 was brilliant..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:

I love Joe Rogan. he has some very intelligent thoughts on our existence, while being able to maintain a good grasp on having an open mind on everything. 

and watching him go at it with flat earthers on twitter is entertaining AF. 
    https://youtu.be/45ZW93IvFJU
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    And for thread integrity, I love Black Mirror. I haven't jumped in to the current season yet. I'm waiting for a day when I can sit down and binge watch them all.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2018
    I really enjoyed season 4, except for "Metalheads" (the one with the robot dog). I found that kinda boring, the end made it just stupid (like, seriously, THAT'S why you did that, you idiots? I mean, I get that you want to cling to anything good, for a child no less, but gimme a break), and think the black and white was pointless. But other than that, I really enjoyed it. I really wish they made more episodes per season though. What is it, only 6 episodes?? Why so short. The production isn't over the top or anything, so I'm not sure why Netflix is still sticking to so few shows a year.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    My favorite.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited January 2018
    Trying to not read spoilers on the 4th season, but so far of the 4 episode I've seen it's been....meh. Which I get, because it's a challenge tjhat comes with a lot of expecations after every friggin stellar episode prior.

So far I thought USS Callister was.....ok....they're rehashing the Christmas Special;

Crocodile was decent.

Hang the DJ was essentially a more drawn out version of San Junipero.

So far Arkangel has been the only drop-dead-for-sure-awesome episode I've seen of this season. But that's just me, still got two to go.

Outside of Season 4 if I were to rank my top 5 episodes they'd be:

5. Tie between Nosedive and Entire History of You
    4. Shut Up and Dance
    3. Christmas Special
    2. Be Right Back
    1. San Junipero

Honorable mention to The Waldo Moment for essentially being the Trump episode
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    The last episode of S4 was the best for me..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I have only seen a little but it seems good. I like that the episodes are free standing. - (I’m not sure that was correct English)
    I saw that Jodie Foster was producing, she's very talented.

Annafalk said:
    I have only seen a little but it seems good. I like that the episodes are free standing. - (I’m not sure that was correct English)

i wasn't sure if it was THE jodie foster or another one. but yeah, interested. 

free standing or standalone. either works. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2018
    Annafalk said:

Yeah, it's an anthology series. 

She did the Arkangel episode, which I think is the best of the episodes so far in season 4. I only have the last episode to go - I know someone knocked the Metalhead episode above, but I actually enjoyed it - I'd say more than Crocodile or Let's Hang The DJ.

She's also directed House of Cards and Orange is The New Black episodes as well.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    Shut Up And Dance still had the biggest twist for me, totally shocked at that ending.

Amazing show
    My five top from all seasons
    S1E1  The National Anthem
    S2E2  White Bear
    S3E3  Shut Up And Dance
    S3E4  San Junipero 
    S4E6  Black Museum
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Great!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Ohhhhhhh yes.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Been waiting!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Pros: June 5th
    Cons: Only 3 episodes
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    only 3? brutal
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019
    That really is brutal, and I'm a bit bummed by that news. I don't get it. Why are they so insanely stingy with the Black Mirror episodes? They always have been. They're great, but it's not like they are so crazy they can't possible manage a 10 episode season. So strange. Especially since they have literally endless possibilities for the storylines.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Pros: June 5th
    Cons: Only 3 episodes
    Boooooo. I'm gonna pretend that they're going to roll the next 3 series of 3 episodes out over the course of the year.

Regardless, stick it in my veins.
    I just watched episode 1 of season 1. that was...um....unsettling. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I just watched episode 1 of season 1. that was...um....unsettling. 
    Yeah the first one I've found very polarizing when I talk to people about it (same for 15 Million Merits), and it can throw people off from watching the rest of the series.

I'm jealous that you're just starting this show now.