Mom chases down teen son after he steals her BMW, spanks him with belt on side of road

124»

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Hitting a child is abuse.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Hitting a child is abuse.
    I didn't watch the video (not about to watch it at work), but I'd tend to agree. 

however, I think I know what they are saying. Would I get involved if i was at the supermarket and a person cuffed their kid upside the head? no. however, if they were using a weapon, I probably would. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2019
    Of course, if some parent was beating a child in a grocery store, I'm sure people would call 911. But that isn't the same as a grown teenager being hauled out of a stolen car on the side of the road being hit by the victim of their crime, is it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Of course, if some parent was beating a child in a grocery store, I'm sure people would call 911. But that isn't the same as a grown teenager being hauled out of a stolen car on the side of the road being hit by the victim of their crime, is it?
    Yeah, it is, and the way you’ve phrased it in the worst possible light doesn’t change that. 
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, it is, and the way you’ve phrased it in the worst possible light doesn’t change that. 
    I think I've phrased it the way it happened....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think I've phrased it the way it happened....
    There are a variety of different ways to phrase a description of almost any action, and you’ve chosen to phrase it in close to the most negative light possible. 

What even is a “grown teenager”? My thoughts go immediately to “vat grown”, but that’s only because I read too much SciFi; otherwise, it makes no sense. Thirteen years old aren’t grown up. 

And if parents are victims of crimes when their kids take something, then pretty much any parent of a kid above one year old is a victim of a crime, because those little buggers take a lot of things. Most of it we get back. 
    PJ_Soul said:
    hitting someone is assault no matter how you spin it (unless it's self defense, which this is not)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    hitting someone is assault no matter how you spin it (unless it's self defense, which this is not)
    Sure, and I also enjoyed it when that neo-nazi got punched in the face. Sometimes people deserve to get whomped even though it is assault, and we ALL have scenarios where we'd be happy to be the assaulter.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sure, and I also enjoyed it when that neo-nazi got punched in the face. Sometimes people deserve to get whomped even though it is assault, and we ALL have scenarios where we'd be happy to be the assaulter.
    speak for yourself. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    speak for yourself. 
    Say that if you see some guy say something super sexual and inappropriate or something to your daughter or something along those lines. We ALL have our scenarios. Even you I'm sure.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    speak for yourself. 
    Say that if you see some guy say something super sexual and inappropriate or something to your daughter or something along those lines. We ALL have our scenarios. Even you I'm sure.
    nope
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019
    I don't really believe you (but believe you think that. I just think everyone has a breaking point. And I'm actually a super passive, non-violent person, but still accept that everyone has a breaking point).
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    _Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    speak for yourself. 
    nope
    everyone has a line.  there are some scenarios where violence might be the only effective answer
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't really believe you (but believe you think that. I just think everyone has a breaking point. And I'm actually a super passive, non-violent person, but still accept that everyone has a breaking point).
    well I'm glad you think you know me better than I do. that's awesome. 

you said "HAPPY to be the assaulter". No, I don't wish to assault anyone. Are there scenarios where I'd be in a rage? Sure, but I wouldn't be "happy" about it. And I don't take pleasure in the neo-nazi getting assaulted either. reminds me of trump's quote about the "good ol' days". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    well I'm glad you think you know me better than I do. that's awesome. 

you said "HAPPY to be the assaulter". No, I don't wish to assault anyone. Are there scenarios where I'd be in a rage? Sure, but I wouldn't be "happy" about it. And I don't take pleasure in the neo-nazi getting assaulted either. reminds me of trump's quote about the "good ol' days". 
    :lol: What is with the hyperbole you sometimes use like this? Obviously I don't think I know you better than you do, how silly, lol. I think EVERYONE has a breaking point, like I said. You are no exception - I don't need to know you to think that.
    I said "happy to be the assaulter" but didn't mean it the way you took it. That's just kind of a figure of speech they way I was using it. I didn't mean gleeful, I just meant in the sense that they wouldn't regret it given the circumstances. But I did rather like seeing a neo-nazi get punched. I always enjoy seeing people get their just desserts. It's not often that those just desserts are violent in nature, but occasionally. Although other things instead of violence can work too. 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    PJ_Soul said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"