Woodstock 50 Lineup Revealed

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    PJ_Soul said:
    Coachella... Yuck.
    Without that venue you would never have gotten this...

https://youtu.be/3Y2lG8KVRf0
    Not saying “Yuck” to the venue, but “Yuck” to the douchy, look at me, excess-fest that Coachella has become.

My in-laws place is less than 20 minutes from the Empire Polo Fields. There is zero chance I would ever attend. Mainly because I’m in my 40s, and everything about it is beyond me. The music, trendy material excess, nonstop selfies... I’ll just stop now and go yell at the clouds.
    Most recently wasn't Coachella capped off by Ariana Grande with a surprise appearance of a lip-syncing Justin Bieber? It sounds like just another shitty festival to me now, and not because I'm too old to appreciate newer artists, lol.
    If The Replacements reunion took place even in 2010 they would've played to 50,000 people.  Instead it took place in 2014 and they had under 1,000....on the main stage lol.  Once the kids playing dress up saw a garage band they jetted for the EDM tent

Used to be such a great festival musically.  Of course they’ve gone from losing money to making $20m so they’re sticking to their business formula. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    PJ_Soul said:
    Coachella... Yuck.

Not saying “Yuck” to the venue, but “Yuck” to the douchy, look at me, excess-fest that Coachella has become.

My in-laws place is less than 20 minutes from the Empire Polo Fields. There is zero chance I would ever attend. Mainly because I’m in my 40s, and everything about it is beyond me. The music, trendy material excess, nonstop selfies... I’ll just stop now and go yell at the clouds.
    Most recently wasn't Coachella capped off by Ariana Grande with a surprise appearance of a lip-syncing Justin Bieber? It sounds like just another shitty festival to me now, and not because I'm too old to appreciate newer artists, lol.
    If The Replacements reunion took place even in 2010 they would've played to 50,000 people.  Instead it took place in 2014 and they had under 1,000....on the main stage lol.  Once the kids playing dress up saw a garage band they jetted for the EDM tent

Used to be such a great festival musically.  Of course they’ve gone from losing money to making $20m so they’re sticking to their business formula. 
    True.  In 2014 at ACL The Replacements played and I could have cared less.  They just didn't do it for me.  The only reason they had a crowd was mainly the people who were waiting on the rails for PJ.  I was off to the side in the shade.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    PJ_Soul said:
    Coachella... Yuck.

True.  In 2014 at ACL The Replacements played and I could have cared less.  They just didn't do it for me.  The only reason they had a crowd was mainly the people who were waiting on the rails for PJ.  I was off to the side in the shade.
    I remember Westerberg lying in a Hammock.  I left to go see Spoon.
    Get_Right said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Coachella... Yuck.

Was that 2nd week?  Guys were saying that they were drinking most of the day. Saw them week 1.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Every festival is the same. And they all fucking suck ass.
    and kids remember to stay off Mr Dyers lawn because he gets angry and you know what happens when he gets angry.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    and kids remember to stay off Mr Dyers lawn because he gets angry and you know what happens when he gets angry.
    He rage fucks a pint of Cherry Garcia?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I would never deface ice cream in such manner!
    dankind said:
    A wheel of brie, then? ( @deadendp )

And I think you meant "defile." But perhaps not.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Get_Right said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Coachella... Yuck.

Was that 2nd week?  Guys were saying that they were drinking most of the day. Saw them week 1.
    Yep. I never liked them anyway!
    Yeah hanging out in a nice park with friends drinking beer and listening to TONS of different live music really sucks.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Get_Right said:
    Yeah hanging out in a nice park with friends drinking beer and listening to TONS of different live music really sucks.
    No it’s dealing with 100 k drunken fools is my problem...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I’ve attended a couple of festivals this one was my 1st I flew out to California with 8 of my crazy friends and camped on dirt & rocks , flew out to see these guys & The Clash ..https://youtu.be/N2sIwJaHBWU
    edited May 2019
    Get_Right said:
    That was us once upon a time hermano.  
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    I’ve attended a couple of festivals this one was my 1st I flew out to California with 8 of my crazy friends and camped on dirt & rocks , flew out to see these guys & The Clash ..https://youtu.be/N2sIwJaHBWU
    When The Clash were chugging iced tea out of Jack Daniels bottles? =) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczJD2wC0Uw
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Also Coachella seems like a great place if you love herpes....

https://www.newsweek.com/coachella-herpes-outbreak-std-increase-patients-1405857
    This is the opening sentence of that article;

"Coachella-surrounding areas have seen a significant increase in the number of reported cases of herpes in the after two weekends of the music festival."

That person writes for Newsweek. Can't form a coherent sentence. We are screwed as a species.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    Writing for Newsweek doesn't mean much today.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    Mike D88 said:
    Writing in general doesn't mean much these days...
    Mike D88 said:
    Does the IBT cult still own Newsweek? If so, I spent about six months in that newsroom. It was awful.

Mike D88 said:
    Writing in general doesn't mean much these days...
    The issue is not so much the writing; it's that there has been an industrywide purge of the last line of defense--namely, the copy desk, which includes the fact-checking staff and the persnickety copy editors, both of whom do their damnedest to preserve and protect the English language and the medium itself from big-headed staff writers chasing a "story" instead of reporting the facts. A good copy editor and fact-checker spots these newsroom knuckleheads right away and slowly drives them mad or to the sports or entertainment desks.

A lot of newsrooms had basically pulled their own pants down and greased up their own assholes by the time the 2016 election got underway. Some scrambled to rebuild the copy desk after some quite public instances of bullshit journalism got out there; some soldier on without or with a small, overworked copy desk; some were lucky and saved via a deus ex machina and retained their copy desk and prestige journalism. What's become quite clear over the past four or five years, however, is that well-presented and well-supported facts matter. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Get_Right said:
    I was more referring to all of them having the same lineups with the same artists over and over and over.  And it makes absolutely no sense at all to me to have rock bands, rappers, pop stars, country, electronica, and stand-up comedians. 
    But yes, I still hate festivals even if they were more genre specific.  They're nothing but a bunch of walking, dehydration, not getting any sleep, reeking like BO, and being a filthy scum by the end of it all.  If people enjoy all that kinda, more power to 'em.  It's all dumb to me.
    Get_Right said:
    I was more referring to all of them having the same lineups with the same artists over and over and over.  And it makes absolutely no sense at all to me to have rock bands, rappers, pop stars, country, electronica, and stand-up comedians. 
    But yes, I still hate festivals even if they were more genre specific.  They're nothing but a bunch of walking, dehydration, not getting any sleep, reeking like BO, and being a filthy scum by the end of it all.  If people enjoy all that kinda, more power to 'em.  It's all dumb to me.
    DyerFest!

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Get_Right said:
    Agree that the acts do get redundant with each fest.  But, it is the diversity of talent that makes festivals so much fun. Pop star at 2, unknown  band at 3, folk singer at 4, rapper at 5, legacy act at 6, headliner at 8. Love the musical experience. I enjoy the exercise, being outdoors, and avoid being packed in up close, I am there to hear the acts. Never slept better than after a day at a festival and have no problems staying hydrated. One of the best ways to spend a weekend IMHO.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    dankind said:
    Get_Right said:
    DyerFest!

Looks like my ideal music festival nowadays. Get to sleep in my own bed, shit on my own toilet, etc...
    dankind said:
    Get_Right said:
    DyerFest!

Looks like my ideal music festival nowadays. Get to sleep in my own bed, shit on my own toilet, etc...
    Shit in my own bed, sleep on my own toilet.

We party different apparently...
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

@dankind  I have had brie once and it was gross.  I would be willing to try it again because, well, it is cheese.  :)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

@dankind  I have had brie once and it was gross.  I would be willing to try it again because, well, it is cheese.  :)
    I suggest you not accept any brie from an angry Dyer.

:sick:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

I suggest you not accept any brie from an angry Dyer.

:sick:
    No thank you. :fearful:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Poncier said:
    When The Clash were chugging iced tea out of Jack Daniels bottles? =) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczJD2wC0Uw
    lol not sure but Joe lost his shit on the replacement drummer they had after Tupin left them and they fucking played “ im so bored with the USA “ insane ! 
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    That was us once upon a time hermano.  
    Yep and now I’d rather be in a small room listening to a band that’s just starting out ..
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited May 2019
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Coachella... Yuck.

Yep. I never liked them anyway!
    They’re one of the most infamous rock bands of all time.   Pissing people off by laying in a hammock is the tamest Replacements story i’ve ever heard. :lol:  They are either wildly excellent live or pissing people off for their own entertainment. 

week 1 they were excellent.  It was so cool to hear Eddie geek out over playing on the same stage as The Replacements.  My original point was that Coachella has lost it’s original identity.  Evolved to what it is?  Maybe. But it was obvious during that Coachella.  The reunited Afghan Whigs being placed in the tent and The Replacements appearance being treated just the same.  They both wouldve had huge crowds in prior years. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on