Joker starring Joaquin Phoenix

https://youtu.be/71k-mCPT14g

I love the Joker more than any other DC character, sans the Sandman/Morpheus and I hope this turns out being awesome!

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I am really looking forward to this. I don't normally really give a damn about the Batman movies, but with Phoenix as The Joker in a movie called Joker - I'm all over that!! So much cooler than Batman!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Jason P said:
    Someone just shit in my oven...
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,014
    was wondering when a trailer would come out, its a weird trailer......but Ill def check it out

J Phoenix always good
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Jason P said:
     =) 

wha...?  Some say the greatest guitarists ever as evidenced by this masterpiece 
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
     =) 

wha...?  Some say the greatest guitarists ever as evidenced by this masterpiece 
    Not on that song...
    edited April 2019
     https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc

The real Trailer..
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    CROJAM95 said:
    Looks great.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Now that looks good. Joaquin looks to have lost quite a bit of weight for the role
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    CROJAM95 said:
    Looks great.
    Yeah, it looks awesome! I think this is my "most anticipated movie of the year" pick.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I didn’t even watch the trailer, but I like the newer DC movies. Hope Phoenix is good enough to wash out Ledgers overrated Joker.
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Looks great.
    Yeah, it looks awesome! I think this is my "most anticipated movie of the year" pick.
    It will for sure suck but the new Terminator is mine. Seeing Arnold and Sarah back together. Just too bad they couldn't get Edward Furlong in there - fit and sober.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited April 2019
    DewieCox said:
    I didn’t even watch the trailer, but I like the newer DC movies. Hope Phoenix is good enough to wash out Ledgers overrated Joker.
    But not super cool Leto? Right....

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Looks cool.
    Is this supposed to tie into a new Batman franchise, or just a one-off Joker film?
    mace1229 said:
    Looks cool.
    Is this supposed to tie into a new Batman franchise, or just a one-off Joker film?
    I dont think that is super clear but nothing has been said about it being tied into anything. 

I think
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Oh wow, I can't wait for that!!!

Always loved Phoenix for his acting.  =)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    They need to give Tim Burton another shot at one of these
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I'm not sold on this one yet, but I'm sure if it does well they'll make it into a trilogy that ties back to Batman.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Jason P said:

So we can see Johnny Depp as Joker and Helena Bonham Carter as Harley Quinn? No thanks.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Really excited for this movie. Joker is my favorite character of all time and have total faith in Joaquin Phoenix. 
    Poncier said:
    Jason P said:

So we can see Johnny Depp as Joker and Helena Bonham Carter as Harley Quinn? No thanks.
    No. So we could see Michael Keaton in a The Dark Knight Returns setting. Old Man Michael Keaton being Batman again would be gold. 
    Poncier said:
    Jason P said:

No. So we could see Michael Keaton in a The Dark Knight Returns setting. Old Man Michael Keaton being Batman again would be gold. 
    No again.

I like Batman dark not bubblegum like the first 3 movies.  That was more reminiscent of the TV show.  The comic has far surpassed those days thanks to Frank Miller.

I had promise for Leto as the Joker.  I really am tired of a different actor playing the Joker every time they decide to do another film granted Heath Ledger died and Nicholson is old but have better insight.  If you knew you were going to further tell the Joker story than why not stay with Leto?

So now I am hoping that Phoenix is the chosen one for all future Joker nods...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    too many superhero/joker movies.
    Leto was as terrible as terrible could be...….That movie was a flaming piece of shit

These movies are going to be made regardless, just make them well and im all good with it. Who knows if Joker will be good, but I kind of like what i see.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Agree, even the film scorching hotness that is Margot Robbie could not help that shitheap of a movie.  Leto may have been the worst part of it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Agree, even the film scorching hotness that is Margot Robbie could not help that shitheap of a movie.  Leto may have been the worst part of it.
    I remember it came out when PJ was playing in Boston 2016.....me and a few friends went to the theatre to see it between shows......we couldn't believe how bad it was, the other DC universe movies aren't so good....so this trailer, even though not part of that...….gives a little hope things might be getting better
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited April 2019
    The most recent DC movies get a bad rap. Man of Steel and Wonder Woman are as good as all but the best 3 or 4 Marvel movies. Justice League and Aquaman are solid. Most of the Marvel movies are about an hour too long and most are drastically overrated. Haven’t worked up the courage to watch Suicide Squad, so toake thst into consideration.

I say this as someone that thinks comic book characters are cool as shit but doesn’t care about comic storylines or accuracy outside of major points like their powers and most of their origin.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
    CROJAM95 said:
    Leto was as terrible as terrible could be...….That movie was a flaming piece of shit

These movies are going to be made regardless, just make them well and im all good with it. Who knows if Joker will be good, but I kind of like what i see.
    Really?  I enjoyed it.

Critics hated it but fans enjoyed it, plus it gave every gal an excuse to dress up like Harley Quinn to Comicon and Halloween that year.
    Enchantress was so terrible too....that whole belly dance crap, and Metro city cheese .....it was tough to get thru

Shazam! getting good reviews, so hopefully DC stops giving Zach whats his face all the films and starts turning it around

I do agree Wonder Woman and Aquaman were enjoyable...... Batman V Superman, Justice League and Suicide Squad werent good, glad Ben hung up the cape too....I like him as an actor, He looked mismatched as batman
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    CROJAM95 said:

Really?  I enjoyed it.

Critics hated it but fans enjoyed it, plus it gave every gal an excuse to dress up like Harley Quinn to Comicon and Halloween that year.
    Good call on costumes.  Hated the movie but love that side benefit 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved