Options

--!!!--European LEG 2006 - Let's blow them away--!!!--

einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
This is out of an interview with Mike:

"That was the coolest thing I've ever seen.
I know — that's the only place I've ever seen it. Flicking their lighters to the beat, and it's just surreal. There are moments in South America, in Brazil, where you look out and there are literally thirty, forty thousand people jumping up and down at the same time. Even back when we were doing Lollapalooza, when we were second on the bill and we were playing at 2:30 in the afternoon and there were ten, twenty thousand people running down to see us. It was like a flash-flood mob of people. Those are the things that stand out in my head. When they're singing the guitar lines of songs in South America? Never heard that before. And in Canada, when they're singing all of the lyrics to every song — that blows me away. I don't know all the lyrics to every song."

How 'bout making this European leg unforgettable for them? Let's think up a big idea!!! Something that will make us stand out!!!! (Not involving injuries and death this time)

I personally am going to the Iberian Peninsula shows.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    How about we DON'T hold up signs asking for Leash or chant for it, and maybe we will be rewarded? :D
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    Maybe we will hold up sings saying: "Don't sing Leash"?!

But seriously, besides the burned memories of 2 kilted men, how do we make this tour the biggest?! Give them back some of the love? (On top of the ticket charge…)
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    einatshaul wrote:

I'm off to make mine now!... ;)
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    einatshaul wrote:

But seriously, besides the burned memories of 2 kilted men, how do we make this tour the biggest?! Give them back some of the love? (On top of the ticket charge…)

I think being ourselves will work out fine ;)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Each bring a funky hat and pass it up during a pre-decided song to be thrown up on stage for Jeff, I think it'd be funny plus they'd definately remember it :D It would be great to be able to send the band away after the show laughing and joking with happy memories the way they do for us :)

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Each bring a funky hat and pass it up during a pre-decided song to be thrown up on stage for Jeff, I think it'd be funny plus they'd definately remember it :D It would be great to be able to send the band away after the show laughing and joking with happy memories the way they do for us :)

Nice! we're getting somewhere!
    I like the way you think, common, more creative ideas! all 10c GA's can decide on a gimmik for each Euro show and they will never get tired of us! they will be back in Europe in no time! it's all about atmosphere and connection, as Ed says...
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    in accordance with your thread title we should all bring gigantic hairdryers... all turn them on at the same time during the "wind rose up" bit in Given to Fly... apt song title as well ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    in accordance with your thread title we should all bring gigantic hairdryers... all turn them on at the same time during the "wind rose up" bit in Given to Fly... apt song title as well ;)

That cracked me up!

Anything realistic? (hey, how 'bout those helium balloons?)
  • Options
    Here is the leg list, people who are going to one/more of these show suggest a different Gimmick for each one, this could be great fun!

23 Aug Dublin Ireland The Point
    25 Aug Leeds UK Leeds Festival
    27 Aug Reading UK Reading Festival
    29 Aug Arnhem Netherlands Gelredome
    30 Aug Antwerp Belgium Sportpaleis
    1 Sept Barcelona Spain Pavello Olímpic de Badalona
    2 Sept Vitoria Spain Azkena Rock Festival
    4 Sept Lisbon Portugal Pavilhão Atlântico
    5 Sept Lisbon Portugal Pavilhão Atlântico
    7 Sept Madrid Spain Madrid Arena
    9 Sept Marseille France Le Dôme de Marseille
    11 Sept Paris France Bercy
    13 Sept Bern Switzerland Bern Arena
    14 Sept Bologna Italy PalaMalaguti
    16 Sept Verona Italy Arena di Verona
    17 Sept Milan Italy Forum
    19 Sept Torino Italy Palaisozaki
    20 Sept Pistoia Italy Duomo Square
    22 Sept Prague Czech Republic Sazka Arena
    23 Sept Berlin Germany Wuhlheide
    25 Sept Vienna Austria Stadthalle
    26 Sept Zagreb Croatia Dom Sportova
    30 Sept Athens Greece OAKA Sports Hall
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Ive got something up my sleeve for Berlin, not sure if it will happen yet ;)
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I Scot ID wrote:

up your sleeve or up your kilt ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    We all sing pearl jam songs before the band actually take to the stage....
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    you can't top Argentina fellows, its just the way it is.
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    mark arm wrote:

now let's prove him wrong! :)
    moho - wrote that down for Dublin,
    next?
  • Options
    bump some love for our band
  • Options
    I'm Persistent...
    Are Europeans that Blasé?
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:

wow... is it a forearm ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    I'm Persistent...
    Are Europeans that Blasé?

you are persistent i'll give you that... i just think that trying to arrange a few hundred people into having a gimmick for each gig is too much really :o

it was hard enough getting 30 or 40 of us to meet in London for pre-gig drinks... :D
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    you are persistent i'll give you that... i just think that trying to arrange a few hundred people into having a gimmick for each gig is too much really :o

it was hard enough getting 30 or 40 of us to meet in London for pre-gig drinks... :D
    Dunk, just noticed your sig. You sure have a way with words!
  • Options
    You have a point there... especially since I didn't even get to the pub...
    But at least I'm raising awareness to the fact that we could be giving them a good time and a memory to last, while the experience of just going through another show with one loud guy yelling to Eddie "shut up! Just play music!" is the alternative… Think about it…
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    We gave them a great time (and they us) at The Astoria without any gimmicks, just by being so f*cking HAPPY to be there at last!

The best parties are the improvised ones anyway :)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Pegasus wrote:
    We gave them a great time (end they us) at The Astoria without any gimmicks, just by being so f*cking HAPPY to be there at last!

The best parties are the improvised ones anyway :)
    My thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    O.k! so just keep in mind and pass it forward -
    We love the band, we're very happy to hear them play and they are very happy puting up a show!

some people on this board seem to be complaining alot lately ("too many new songs! too many old songs! drop the leash! PJ sell out! why not played on the radio?!...") , so let's just not go there... :)

I'm so jelouse of all of you who go to more than 4 shows...
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Dunk, just noticed your sig. You sure have a way with words!

i dont know if thats good or bad... but i'm happy with either... so thank you :)
  • Options
    tachepiranhatachepiranha Posts: 399
    mark arm wrote:

Sorry to tell you are wrong, but there are some crazy psychos called mexicans and that's the bottom line ;) as Mike said "surreal"
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-