Woodstock 50 Lineup Revealed

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    I like the looks of day 1 with Robert Plant, John Fogerty, and The Raconteurs 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2019
    I like the looks of day 1 with Robert Plant, John Fogerty, and The Raconteurs 
    The Killers are probably going to be the highlight/crown fave of day 1. They are actually a phenomenal live act.
    Portugal. The Man. I bet will be great for day 2, as well as Leon Bridges and Gary Clark Jr.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yeah the first two days look really good. Not much from day 3 in my wheelhouse. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Nah not worth it for me ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    That may end up being the case for me too. I live only a few hours away so it's definitely a doable road trip. And I had a couple of friends that were down with the idea when it was rumored that PJ and the Foo Fighters would be headlining, but now I don't know. My one buddy loves John Mayer so he may be down to go to see Dead and Co. But I gotta still wait and see what the tickets are going to cost, and if you have to buy a 3-day pass, because day 3 doesn't interest me much. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    QFT
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    That may end up being the case for me too. I live only a few hours away so it's definitely a doable road trip. And I had a couple of friends that were down with the idea when it was rumored that PJ and the Foo Fighters would be headlining, but now I don't know. My one buddy loves John Mayer so he may be down to go to see Dead and Co. But I gotta still wait and see what the tickets are going to cost, and if you have to buy a 3-day pass, because day 3 doesn't interest me much. 
    I find this to be one of the hardest things with modern festivals.   When I was younger you'd get single day festivals with pretty amazing lineups (lollapalooza, ozzfest etc..).  Now there's less quality bands to fill out a roster, and they spread it out over 3 days.    This festival would be dissapointing to me.   Some modern rock bands I'm not really into.  Some solo artists from bands that I do like.   No one I would really consider a headliner.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Day 1 looks amazing. Some of my favorites are on the 3rd line; Head and the Heart, Maggie Rogers and Michael Franti, not to mention the headliners. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    zac turned me on to nahko
    nahko is incredible ++
    Nahko and Medicine For the People - Be Here Now - 3/7/2018 - Paste Studios - New York - NY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRdZ496xrm0
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,784
    The best guitar player in all 3 days is on Sunday-- Marcus King! He's maybe 23 years old and shreds unbelievably.  Check him out!
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    The line up on day 1 is awesome. My friend Michael Franti & Spearhead is playing and seems like a perfect trek to NY from here in Palm Beach. Gotta make this happen.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited March 2019
    I hate to sound like an old guy, but when I look at a list of the bands from the original Woodstock festival and then look at the lists from Woodstock '94 and Woodstock 50 I can't help but wonder why there was ever more than one.  Not that I have issues with the newer bands, but I have to ask, how many people would sit through three days of mud to see any of them?  Do people still get that wasted and dirty?  And I never got why the second and third festivals are called "Woodstock".  It's a whole new generation or three, a whole new music scene, and a whole new vibe-  and probably a better one- there are good reasons why Pete Townshend hated Woodstock.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    QFT
    Where you been kid ? I hope all is well yeah no way I’m camping for three days to watch maybe 4 bands out of that lineup..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ passs.

I'd rather got to Firefly or ACL.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Yeah the first two days look really good. Not much from day 3 in my wheelhouse. 
    Hot Tuna is one of my all time favorite bands but you can probably catch them at a smaller venue.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    I'm definitely getting old.  I don't recognize 90% of these bands.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    edited March 2019
    brianlux said:
    I hate to sound like an old guy, but when I look at a list of the bands from the original Woodstock festival and then look at the lists from Woodstock '94 and Woodstock 50 I can't help but wonder why there was ever more than one.  Not that I have issues with the newer bands, but I have to ask, how many people would sit through three days of mud to see any of them?  Do people still get that wasted and dirty?  And I never got why the second and third festivals are called "Woodstock".  It's a whole new generation or three, a whole new music scene, and a whole new vibe-  and probably a better one- there are good reasons why Pete Townshend hated Woodstock.
    I wouldn't sit through 3 days of mud to see anyone, lol. I might sit through 1 day of mud to see Led Zeppelin with John Bonham resurrected from the dead. 3 days? No. :lol:
    Obviously the original Woodstock can never be replicated or anything like that - not the vibe, not the music. I don't think they ever should have done Woodstock '94, let alone one that is meant to celebrate the original now. What this is is a regular music festival with a pretty decent lineup, although not absolutely stellar or anything. There aren't any internationally massive artists in it at all. This is not a reflection of the state of the current music scene at all - simply a reflection of a poorly planned music festival that didn't manage to attract any massive acts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    When did EVERY music festival become a hodge-podge of various bands & artists that are completely unrelated in genre or style?  Whatever happened to just a good old rock fest?  Every festival is the fucking same anymore, and they're almost all watered-down as fuck.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Sounds like a bunch of 40 year olds in here...

Theres just way too many festivals out there nowadays, and so many that cater to specific types of music. It seems like there is some big festival happening somewhere every weekend of the summer. It makes these giant, destination festivals irrelevant.
    edited March 2019
    When did EVERY music festival become a hodge-podge of various bands & artists that are completely unrelated in genre or style?  Whatever happened to just a good old rock fest?  Every festival is the fucking same anymore, and they're almost all watered-down as fuck.
    Well good question. Music festivals pretty much ALL suck now. It's just a relative matter, lol. Which shitty music festival is less shitty than the other shitty music festival? ;) I personally can't even stand multi-day festivals. Just do one day and fucking get it over with, and cater to one audience at a time, not every audience. Although I think we have to admit that these stupid festivals are good for music artists. A lot of lesser known artists get a stage a lot more often now, apparently, since every festival is somehow made suitable for their genre.
    When lollapalooza started using rap in the 90's?!?

Theres just way too many festivals out there nowadays, and so many that cater to specific types of music. It seems like there is some big festival happening somewhere every weekend of the summer. It makes these giant, destination festivals irrelevant.
    Festivals are the way to make a ton of cash now.

Every festival has great acts now.  Woodstock has some awesome lineups but not something I'd want to be out there for 3 days for...

I'd love to see Chance live along w RTJ, Cage and Young the Giant.

Wayyyy too many good acts on this billing that I'd like to see, just too damn far off the beaten path for myself to want to do it.
    When lollapalooza started using rap in the 90's?!?
    I assume he really meant to say it makes no sense to have fests that don't appeal to a generally cohesive audience. The rap at Lolla worked that way. Current lineups don't tend to.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    It's just part of getting older, guys. We're less inclined to return to these festivals because we have a sense of having seen it all before. The lineup isn't great. But I'm sure to others it's amazing. Anyone questioning why they ever revisited Woodstock in 1994 and 99, it's obvious really.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

Every festival has great acts now.  Woodstock has some awesome lineups but not something I'd want to be out there for 3 days for...

Wayyyy too many good acts on this billing that I'd like to see, just too damn far off the beaten path for myself to want to do it.
    No doubt that festivals are huge cash grabs, otherwise there wouldn’t be one every weekend of the summer.  I’m not opposed to them either. I’m going to a small one (Hinterland) outside of Des Moines in August.

It makes me chuckle a bit reading peoples comments here that the lineups for these festivals blow because they’ve never heard of half the artists playing on them. When I talk to my cousins who are in their early 20s about these festivals, they complain that all the artist are old and blow. They’re more interested in going to hip-hop festivals or the Electric Daisy Festival. Can’t win...

No doubt that festivals are huge cash grabs, otherwise there wouldn’t be one every weekend of the summer.  I’m not opposed to them either. I’m going to a small one (Hinterland) outside of Des Moines in August.

It makes me chuckle a bit reading peoples comments here that the lineups for these festivals blow because they’ve never heard of half the artists playing on them. When I talk to my cousins who are in their early 20s about these festivals, they complain that all the artist are old and blow. They’re more interested in going to hip-hop festivals or the Electric Daisy Festival. Can’t win...
    That's why Firefly and ACL are sooo good.  Young hip acts peppered in with some seasoned.

I actually argued with my 20 something cousin that it would be time well spent if we watched Skrillex instead of Eminem, lol.  I lost that discussion.

We did leave M to watch the end of Skrillex because M was so awful and I got apologies afterward!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    It's just part of getting older, guys. We're less inclined to return to these festivals because we have a sense of having seen it all before. The lineup isn't great. But I'm sure to others it's amazing. Anyone questioning why they ever revisited Woodstock in 1994 and 99, it's obvious really.
    Since there is really no cultural or musical connection between Woodstock 50 and the original Woodstock, I can only think of one reason why there would be an attempt to revisit it:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

Since the beginning. I thought that was the whole point. The lineups are just so sprawling now to include acts from every level of every genre and sub genre.