Options

Dear 10c... (EV Euro 10c Tickets)

just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,932
Dear 10c
im speaking on behalf of the various 10c members who today brought tickets to the upcoming Eddie Vedder European Tour.
Please take into consideration that we as members of the 10c should have the best seats on the show since we have brought our tickets via the 10club.

We know the ticket policy states that the tickets will be random in the highest price section but since our prices are even more expensive that those of the general sale
we think we should be offered the best seats at the venue.

We dont think its fair that other fans who brought their ticket through the general sale and at a cheaper price are able to have better seats and if that is the case why do
even 10club tickets exist and are more expensive? Doesnt make a whole lot of sense...

Perhaps nothing will come of this but as the saying goes "you dont know if you dot try"(at least its a saying in Portugal) hopefully you will read this and perhaps even reply with some kind of feedback about this issue

All the Best

Pedro

Comments

• Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    just_one said:
    Dear 10c
    im speaking on behalf of the various 10c members who today brought tickets to the upcoming Eddie Vedder European Tour.
    Please take into consideration that we as members of the 10c should have the best seats on the show since we have brought our tickets via the 10club.

We know the ticket policy states that the tickets will be random in the highest price section but since our prices are even more expensive that those of the general sale

We dont think its fair that other fans who brought their ticket through the general sale and at a cheaper price are able to have better seats and if that is the case why do
    even 10club tickets exist and are more expensive? Doesnt make a whole lot of sense...

Perhaps nothing will come of this but as the saying goes "you dont know if you dot try"(at least its a saying in Portugal) hopefully you will read this and perhaps even reply with some kind of feedback about this issue

All the Best

Pedro
    +1
  • Options
    +1
    '06: Antwerp, Paris // '07: Werchter // '09: Rotterdam // '10: Werchter // '12: Werchter // '14: Amsterdam 1 // '18: Amsterdam 2, Pinkpop
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    Agree.
    I have this problem with The Wembley show. 
    Bought 2 tickets for the show via the Fanclub for 169 pounds ( exc coming costs ) and got dropped into section D5. As i am looking on ticketmaster i am founding out that there a tickets availeble for the C sections......for the same price......who is this possible??
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Robbert said:
    Agree.
    I have this problem with The Wembley show. 
    Bought 2 tickets for the show via the Fanclub for 169 pounds ( exc coming costs ) and got dropped into section D5. As i am looking on ticketmaster i am founding out that there a tickets availeble for the C sections......for the same price......who is this possible??
    Not cool.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    sunwebbsunwebb Posts: 7
    just_one said:
    Dear 10c

All the Best

Pedro
    +1
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 921
    Dublin 2017 fan club tickets were only ok
     Not on the ground floor like I had hoped.  Maybe this time we might get better seats. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    J_Vedder1968J_Vedder1968 portugal Posts: 28
    +1
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    eboweddie said:
    Dublin 2017 fan club tickets were only ok
     Not on the ground floor like I had hoped.  Maybe this time we might get better seats. 
    To be fair there were plenty of ground floor 10c tickets, including my own. Everyone around me was also a fan club member. 

Best tickets available does not mean you will get the best available seat.
  • Options
    hadrieliahadrielia Posts: 123
    +1
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    +1
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited March 2019
    EV Euro Tour 2017

Dublin, via 10C: 10th row
    Night #1, via 10C: 10th row
    Night #2, via general presale: 2nd row

So... 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    EV Euro Tour 2017

So... 

is this a common occurrence? It seems like a lot of the time this is very good luck as a lot of EV tickets sell out right away?
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    raindog80 said:
    EV Euro Tour 2017

So... 

is this a common occurrence? It seems like a lot of the time this is very good luck as a lot of EV tickets sell out right away?
    Don't know man. Great seats on Amsterdam 2012, both nights. But not via 10C. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    edited March 2019
    Wait...I misread and re-read.

Two 10C tickets are more expensive than the exact same row/section in the public sale?
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Wait...I misread and re-read.

Two 10C tickets are more expensive than the exact same row/section in the public sale?
    Yes.
  • Options
    AZAAZA Posts: 86
    I've been a member for 21 years and I paid more for 10C tickets for Ed solo in Australia 2014 and was in the very last row. 3 years earlier all of my 10C tix were 2nd row. It is hit and miss and as stated, there are no guarantees. It was very frustrating though, I feel all of your pain.
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    How difficult can it be? Lets say the first 4 rows are 10C. Im sure it has something to do with the venue and there policies.

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,868
    edited March 2019
    Im 100% with o.p 
    Sadly  my going to gig days are probably  over. So i have no dog in this fight .
    But i will say all of my ed solo tickets have been dearer and worse than general sale. On balcony  and the  like. 
    It has put me off even contemplating trying now.
    I just accept its not for me anymore.
    No point at all in ed 10c tickets. Not an advantage in any way. 
    I would  love to hear 10c explain  this 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    Im 100% with o.p 
    Sadly  my going to gig days are probably  over. So i have no dog in this fight .
    But i will say all of my ed solo tickets have been dearer and worse than general sale. On balcony  and the  like. 
    It has put me off even contemplating trying now.
    I just accept its not for me anymore.
    No point at all in ed 10c tickets. Not an advantage in any way. 
    I would  love to hear 10c explain  this 
    Good luck. Nothing gets explained or communicated here. 
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 921
    I think k might have an answer. It's called the 3 arena. Phone company. Who give out pre sale codes to 3 customers.  It's quite obvious ten club told 3 customers get better seats in pre sale. And tough sh1t

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    firstly ticket prices a joke secondly when i got tickets before for ed at hammersmith i got pre sale tickets and they were shit people got them of ticketmaster and were alot better than mine considering fan club 
    danny d
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    edited March 2019
    I like always try to find explanations and why things happening..
    for me tickets are expesive,,not only the ten club ones..all ,public sale prices too..
    10 years ago the tickets was half price..so it mean now is double price than 2009 ..my problem tho isnt the double price actually..
    my prioblem that my salary is not double after  10 years ago..
    cost of life is double but salary not,,and that really sucks.
    ok lets talk business here..
    before u say simply.... oh tickets are expencive and not the best seats..
    lets be proffecionals for a minute and not fans
    u are a promoter..or ,u have a venue..or u have a ticket ventor company
    are u gonna give the whole 5-10 first rows to the fan club of the artsit?
    do u really think those businesman are stupid?who will be that stupid to make deals like that..?
    u pay upfront the artsit tons of money,,why do him favor give hiim all the first row tikets to please him and his fans and not your costmers,via your sale?your ticket vendor,your fees?
    do u guys think artist of fan clubs has a huge saying how the tickets will be split?
    really suprise me they can even get the best location in the venue fan club tickets..
    for me,they get what they give them,,
    the boss..isnt the bands,isnt the fan club isnt the artsit,,is the promoter..he hire the artist he is in charge..he make the calls..
     in a venue of 10.000 he gives 1000 tix to the fan club..some good ones,,some ok  and some bad seats,,and he is done with it.
    now,,as for the difference in the price between fan club tix and public sale in same row for exable ,,things are simple for me and two are the reasons....
    1.we pay the difference that get lost between dollars and euros.2 a few to 10c for do the sale
    so if a ticket cost 100 dollars to 10c ...u pay extra 20 dolars total 120 cos of 10c fees  and the money lost in chance euros to american dollars.
    so if 10c need to pay 1000 ticket x 100 per tix in euros,they lose money to that change..add 10c fee..there u have the 120 ticket price
    it sucks for us?ofcourse is expensive..one of the resons i choose to do berlin is the ticket prices 
    now what the positive about it..to get 10c tix instead of public sale
    no pressure..u no need to be online..at public sale clusterfuck
    u have a second chance if u dont score 10c tix..
    u get ticket first before anyone else.
    u get good location at venue,.or early entrance if its ga
    u dont need to worry if during presale your pc crash,or internet cut or no signal to mobile..
    no waiting rooms, no  need to have fast internet,no need to spent time online 
    no hidden extra cost for shipping..taormina tic costed in 2017, 35 euros extra cos didnt let u do box office...

so not hard choice for me..10c tix is the way to go...expensive..random selection...but i prefer it for the reason i wrote

edit..some people won great seats at dublin today via phone company customers or something like that..
    as i said above..u are a businessman..why do a favor to fan club of artist instead please your own customers,your other compasnies u do business with etc...
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    10C seats for Ed have always been hit or miss.  My worst seats from the 10C were for EV shows.  They have also been my best 10C seats.  
    Are they really more expensive than the public onsale?  Same venue, same seats, but cheaper through public sale? 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    Someone mentioned that the top price for one Dublin ticket including all the fees from Ticketmaster was 106 euros. One Ten Club ticket was 108 euros based on today's conversion rate. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    do u really think those businesman are stupid?who will be that stupid to make deals like that..?
    u pay upfront the artsit tons of money,,why do him favor give hiim all the first row tikets to please him and his fans and not your costmers,via your sale?your ticket vendor,your fees?
    do u guys think artist of fan clubs has a huge saying how the tickets will be split?
    really suprise me they can even get the best location in the venue fan club tickets..
    the boss..isnt the bands,isnt the fan club isnt the artsit,,is the promoter..he hire the artist he is in charge..he make the calls..
     in a venue of 10.000 he gives 1000 tix to the fan club..some good ones,,some ok  and some bad seats,,and he is done with it.
    While i do appreciate everything you do for 10c members and PJ fans in general i would like to point out that sometimes (not always) you are completly wrong and this is one of these times.

If a band is booked in a venue, arena whatever you want to call it , by the time everything is arranjed the band and it´s band manager are in charge of every single little thing that goes on inside the venue and during the time the band/arena stays there.

That means if the band manager when signing contracts and stuff can demand that the fan club members have early access to the show or that x ou y amount of tickets can be transfer to the fan club for sale by them.

How do i know this? Because i used to work for a well known portuguese singer and if for he these were common rules and i can only imagine how big it is for worldwide known bands like Pearl Jam or Eddie
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    just_one said:

That means if the band manager when signing contracts and stuff can demand that the fan club members have early access to the show or that x ou y amount of tickets can be transfer to the fan club for sale by them.

That is simply not true with ticketmaster and live nation. TM hates fan clubs because they prevent TM from jacking up the prices for the best seats. The 10C fights for every seat. The public onsale for Ed has not happened yet. How is it known that the 10C prices are higher? I don't see the prices listed yet. 
    EDIT: 112 Euros for Barcelona before fees. 
    275 for two 10C tix
    that is about the same if fees are 25 per ticket
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    10c Tickets are in dollars, remember that. General sale is in Euros. So the 10c prices are very close to the most expensive normal price 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    10c Tickets are in dollars, remember that. General sale is in Euros. So the 10c prices are very close to the most expensive normal price 
    Good point.  That makes the 10C tickets cheaper. $275 = 242.33 euros. TM prices are 112 euros X 2=224 plus fees. Id guess the fees will be around 20 euros per ticket if not more. That means TM would be about 264 Euros for two tickets. Just trying to understand if 10C tickets are more as has been claimed. I never been good at math :)
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    just_one said:
    If a band is booked in a venue, arena whatever you want to call it , by the time everything is arranjed the band and it´s band manager are in charge of every single little thing that goes on inside the venue and during the time the band/arena stays there.

How do i know this? Because i used to work for a well known portuguese singer and if for he these were common rules and i can only imagine how big it is for worldwide known bands like Pearl Jam or Eddie
    If this was true, Pearl Jam/EV/10C would demand that 100% of tickets be available to the fan club first before any go to general sale.  They have to deal with the promoter demanding ticket sales/locations, season ticket holders, VIP packages, etc.  The promoter controls, and in the US and most other countries now, TM/Live Nation is Goliath.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale