KISS - End of the Road World Tour

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited September 2018 in Other Music
One final tour. A real farewell. 

Just announced. 

No Ace or Peter I bet. But would love for them to be involved somehow. 
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• i bet they have golden circle tickets to reward their rich fans
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I'm ready!  Bring on the tour!  Never seen them before so really looking forward to it.  They've been on my "must see" list for awhile. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    I saw the previous farewell tour, will depend on prices whether I go this time.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Never seen them before. I'm going to one of these shows. Hoping Ace is part of the tour. Be it opening band or a few encore songs. 

Anyone ever bought tickets through the kiss army before? Is it worth paying the $50?
  • In the US, hasn't KISS had problems filling up places forever. They will get a "last chance" bump, but will it really be problems getting tickets?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • A completely new stage is confirmed by Paul Stanley.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788

Went and saw KISS a couple weeks ago.

GREAT SHOW

GREAT TIME

Easily worth the $290 I spent on 2 tickets.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

Went and saw KISS a couple weeks ago.

GREAT SHOW

GREAT TIME

Easily worth the $290 I spent on 2 tickets.

Hope they come (back) to Sweden in 2020 for some real concerts. Won't go to a festival to see them...
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Can't wait to take my 7yr old daughter in November over here in Oz :rock_on::rock_on:

'95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    4 days until I see the show in Toronto. Can't wait. 
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Back to the Stone Age! This song rocks...
    https://youtu.be/_akwPF147QQ
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    I've seen KISS once in 1878 and what a rude awakening to rock music and excess. It was first rock concert, two weeks earlier was my first concert. It was a good thing a I was almost deft from my first concert (Isley Brothers) cause after KISS I was completely deft.

I got got to see my set of naked boobs and far too many other things a 17 year should not see in public. After that show i was completely hooked on rock music. Now back today, would I want see them again? ONLY if it's the original players.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    g under p said:
    I've seen KISS once in 1878 and what a rude awakening to rock music and excess. It was first rock concert, two weeks earlier was my first concert. It was a good thing a I was almost deft from my first concert (Isley Brothers) cause after KISS I was completely deft.

I got got to see my set of naked boobs and far too many other things a 17 year should not see in public. After that show i was completely hooked on rock music. Now back today, would I want see them again? ONLY if it's the original players.

Peace
    Man you're old. I saw them like 100 years later in 1978. My first concert. Then twice again with the original members and a few years ago with the fill ins.
    #FHP
    NOTHING BEATS THE 1980 TOUR -- with the Unmasked songs included in the setlist.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I only saw KISS for the first time on the tour before this one.  The tour played here (which is rare for bigger rock bands) so we made sure to go.    The show itself wasn't all that great.  You didn't have that synergy that you need between the band and the crowed to have a truly great concert.   To this date I don't know if it was the band or the audience but the show wasn't all that great :(

I also like G under P's posts about going deaf at his first concerts.  I had the same problem.   I thought it was mildly bad at some of my first shows, then I saw Soundgarden.  I couldn't hear anything for days.   Everything sounded like static.   It took a few days to subside to ringing.   I still have permanent hearing damage from that show.   My dad who never lectures me on anything sat me down and told me to start wearing earplugs to shows.  Good advice.
    Zod said:
    I only saw KISS for the first time on the tour before this one.  The tour played here (which is rare for bigger rock bands) so we made sure to go.    The show itself wasn't all that great.  You didn't have that synergy that you need between the band and the crowed to have a truly great concert.   To this date I don't know if it was the band or the audience but the show wasn't all that great :(

I also like G under P's posts about going deaf at his first concerts.  I had the same problem.   I thought it was mildly bad at some of my first shows, then I saw Soundgarden.  I couldn't hear anything for days.   Everything sounded like static.   It took a few days to subside to ringing.   I still have permanent hearing damage from that show.   My dad who never lectures me on anything sat me down and told me to start wearing earplugs to shows.  Good advice.
    Over the years not from 1878 mind you, I was under several influences and I even knew I was spelling deaf incorrectly. I have noticed some major hearing loss in that I've been to hundreds of concerts and being a DJ in college certainly has contributed to my hearing loss.

KISS and the Isley Brothers were loud maybe more so they were my first concerts. However, the ones that took my over the top was Def Leppard and ACDC. DL was front row side floor with speakers blaring in my right ear @ the Capital Centre. I moved up in the stands I had major headache. Then came the Black Ice tour, I heard warnings of how this was going to be loud. I took the warnings seriously especially since I was taking my 14 year old daughter. I had THE top of the line earplugs for both of us and I STILL left that show with my ears ringing. I don't know how those guys can take that volume of music night after night.....and look what has happen to former lead singer Brian Johnson. I believe hes completely deaf, I wonder if he can recall that I once waited on and served him the band and road crew food 3am in the morning. 

Say does anyone know if KISS will play South Florida?

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:
    Zod said:

Peace

Looks like just Tampa and Jacksonville on the current itinerary.
    g under p said:
    Zod said:

Over the years not from 1878 mind you, I was under several influences and I even knew I was spelling deaf incorrectly. I have noticed some major hearing loss in that I've been to hundreds of concerts and being a DJ in college certainly has contributed to my hearing loss.

KISS and the Isley Brothers were loud maybe more so they were my first concerts. However, the ones that took my over the top was Def Leppard and ACDC. DL was front row side floor with speakers blaring in my right ear @ the Capital Centre. I moved up in the stands I had major headache. Then came the Black Ice tour, I heard warnings of how this was going to be loud. I took the warnings seriously especially since I was taking my 14 year old daughter. I had THE top of the line earplugs for both of us and I STILL left that show with my ears ringing. I don't know how those guys can take that volume of music night after night.....and look what has happen to former lead singer Brian Johnson. I believe hes completely deaf, I wonder if he can recall that I once waited on and served him the band and road crew food 3am in the morning. 

Peace

They’re playing Tampa on 4/11 and Sunrise on 8/6. I’m in for the Sunrise show if I can get a $20 ticket.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Oops, my bad didn't check and see they were heading back to FLA after Europe.
    g under p said:
    Zod said:

Peace

They’re playing Tampa on 4/11 and Sunrise on 8/6. I’m in for the Sunrise show if I can get a $20 ticket.
    Ok then Sunrise is more like it cause I'm not driving to Tampa. I have driven to Tampa for the last RUSH R40 tour.

Sunrise is not far and that 8/6 sounds great if I'm in this country, we shall see thanks.

Wait a $20 you mean its possible to get a $20 ticket to ANY concert today. I paid $55 for a spring training game between the Red Sox & the Nationals across the street. I would be in for $20 bucks just to get back the nostalgia of that 1978 show.

Peace

edited March 2019
    g under p said:
    g under p said:
    Zod said:

Peace

Ok then Sunrise is more like it cause I'm not driving to Tampa. I have driven to Tampa for the last RUSH R40 tour.

Sunrise is not far and that 8/6 sounds great if I'm in this country, we shall see thanks.

Wait a $20 you mean its possible to get a $20 ticket to ANY concert today. I paid $55 for a spring training game between the Red Sox & the Nationals across the street. I would be in for $20 bucks just to get back the nostalgia of that 1978 show.

Peace
    Live Nation offers $20 tickets for certain bands during “National concert week” in late April/early May. Last year they had like 60 or 70 bands that you could get $20 tickets for. I got tickets for Chicago, Buddy Guy, and Godsmack. Kiss might be one of those bands this year so it’s good to take advantage of cheap tickets that week.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Central Park 15

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Please go away for good.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Please go away for good.

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Is anyone going to meet Paul at his Barnes & Noble appearances??
    I would love to get hold of a signed copy of his new book if someone is willing to help out please?? 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Australia tour cancelled! 

Shattered! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14