Both a Guns N' Roses and a Pearl Jam album in 2020

So, by all reports it seems both bands will deliver new albums in 2020. Guns with Slash and Duff back. And PJ's follow up to Lightning Bolt.

Which one do you think will - as objectively answered as possible - rock the most?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Both a Guns N' Roses and a Pearl Jam album in 2020 61 votes

Guns N Roses
39%
maverickmr_perfectsmile6680PJINFLAbootlegger10TWHoltjbalicki10coach pjjwhjr17redsfan1I'D RATHER BEP34RL J4MM3RrustneversleepspjrussKearn5yewok pantsbrewdog123aurelgugusvzouzalchadaw76 24 votes
Pearl Jam
60%
Moonpigmfc2006dannymvwCROJAM95pdalowskygotthebottleComeToTXBrainofBGAPB11041Tim SimmonsDC29940AP30511pearljammr78biggamecbcHesCalledDyerRT85129BH87446Abe FromanKN219077 37 votes

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Pearl Jam
    I haven't listened to GnR since I was a Freshman in HS. I'd like to keep it that way.

• KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Pearl Jam
    Axl is literally the worst, so easy vote here
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Pearl Jam
    Discovered Pearl Jam at the record store I was stalking each day about the delay of the new Guns’n’roses album (use your illusions back then) so I hope both rock even though I paid little attention to the Guns the last 20 years.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Pearl Jam
    G'N'R has always sucked post Izzy Stradlin.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    Pearl Jam
    Fingers crossed 🤞 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Some UK radio-host has said that we could except a new Guns N Roses song on a soundtrack later this year. 

WIll they beat PJ to the punch? Mike said that something might come out later this year from PJ.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Some UK radio-host has said that we could except a new Guns N Roses song on a soundtrack later this year. 

WIll they beat PJ to the punch? Mike said that something might come out later this year from PJ.
    Source on Mike quote? I find it very hard to believe 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Love both bands.   GNR has a great comeback story.  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Pearl Jam
    Never understood why people like GNR so much.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Guns N Roses
    if we're answering which will "rock" more, thats a no-brainer.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2019
    Guns N Roses
    appetite for destruction probably has something to do with it.
    Pearl Jam
    Makes me even more confused, lol.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Pearl Jam
    I have been hearing TOO MUCH GNR on the radio lately......
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    "it seems both bands will deliver new albums in 2020", nothing as it seems. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,075
    Guns N Roses
    Looking forward to Chinese Democracy II
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

Mike MCCREADY said this?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

Mike MCCREADY said this?
    NewJPage said:

Source on Mike quote? I find it very hard to believe 
    Didn't he say something about something maybe coming out at the end of the year... or have I been:

https://youtu.be/B5NFtEsHnIw
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    It had a big impact at the time it was released. Heavy, but not hair metal. Maybe it depends on how old you are? 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    It had a big impact at the time it was released. Heavy, but not hair metal. Maybe it depends on how old you are? 
    Who here didn't rock out to Paradise City and then try not to creep out the girl you asked to dance when November Rain started at every middle school dance. Also, You Could Be Mine placement in T2 during the motorcycle scene was classic. My favorite GNR song.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Pearl Jam
    I dunno, I I’m just not a fan of them. I’m just surprised that it seems I have this in common with practically no one. I was in 4th or 5th grade when it came out. I liked Paradise City & Sweet Child o’ Mine but borrowed the cassette from a friend and nothing else really grabbed me. Never really cared for anything beyond those two songs. I think there was one song on one of the Use Your Illusions but I don’t recall. I don’t think it was a single but I could be wrong. 

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    GNR’s comeback is my favorite rock story of this decade.  

Its almost bizarre that Axl is starting BEFORE the scheduled start time. :lol:
    tbergs said:
    Who here didn't rock out to Paradise City and then try not to creep out the girl you asked to dance when November Rain started at every middle school dance. Also, You Could Be Mine placement in T2 during the motorcycle scene was classic. My favorite GNR song.
    Mine too. 

Robert Patrick suggested NIN which his brother played in to Cameron. But Arnold demanded GnR. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    tbergs said:
    Blurry college parties with Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, and whatever that Black Crows album was. Then the person with the most rhythm would drop Rob Bass’s It Takes Two. Then 1991 happened. 
  • surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    HUGE fan of both bands - if there's one thing I've learned over the years, never bet on Axl releasing new music.  1 album in 26 years is not a good track record.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Pearl Jam
    GNR show few years back @ Met life was awesome.....love both bands, PJ more
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    Pearl Jam
    PB11041 said:
    G'N'R has always sucked post Izzy Stradlin.
    this is just not true at all
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Pearl Jam
    Slash is my all time favorite guitarist. But PJ is my all time favorite band. 

I want my cake and to eat it too. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    edited July 2019
    Pearl Jam
    There is something very enticing with this band. Their debut was amazing, and they had a live performance to back it up. Those 5 guys that performed on AFD were literally lightening in a bottle. Theres just something about it. It was SO good. It was literally the Ten of 1987. People listened to that album and were like WTF IS THIS in the most amazed and intrigued way. The band were a bunch of bad boys with the street credit to back it up. Then they went on the road and people came to see them: 

https://youtu.be/5wxs1R_5Ce0?t=2335

They were a punk band, playing anthem/stadium rock in 1,000cap clubs. The energy they had on stage is second to none. Duff & Steven were able to lock in so flawlessly. Slash was doing his own thing and writing monster riffs. Axl had this crazy voice no one had ever heard before and he could belt these songs out to the heavens and back, like an 80's Steven Tyler behind hard rock. 

The 90's is my favorite era of GNR. While PJ was just getting off the ground, Axl and Co. were  touring the world for Use Your Illusion. There was more production, a new drummer, and  new songs.  The band toured from 1991-1993. Toured the world over 5 times and still had people coming to shows. You should hear the stories of that tour and the never ending shenanigans  that went on. It gives the Stones legendary 1971 tour of America a run for its money.  

https://youtu.be/ACWqnzTd17I?t=1724

There was just something about watching this band thats wild. They are all hammered off their ass, trying to act like complete professionals. Its crazy though because they all lived through it and made it out alive. Their live show was absolutely phenomenal. 3 hour shows when Axl showed up and was on time, and sometimes even when he wasn't. They always delivered until it all came apart from 1994-on ward    
    Post edited by SandyRavage on
    This is one of Guns best songs. Chinese Democracy is so underrated:

https://youtu.be/tVKtLfFD8Po

Have high hopes for the next album/single.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Pearl Jam
    KN219077 said:
    Axl is literally the worst, so easy vote here
    Always PJ for me, but Axl (despite his previous behaviour) was one of the greatest frontmen ever in my opinion.