Options

What classic album poll should Mendoz create next?

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    Other
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I roll my eyes every time I hear the term “dad hat.” I’m like, oh you mean the way you’re SUPPOSED TO FUCKIN WEAR A HAT?!?!!
    I definitely prefer dad hats!
    The style, yes. The term, fuck no!  All that flat bill, high crown, leave the stickers on nonsense should be called "kid hats" or better yet "little fuckin douchebag hats."  What's next, not cutting the tags of your shirt and calling the normal way to wear it a "dad shirt?"  :lol:
    I call them mook hats, lol.
    I rock my "mook' hat yo!
    I meant the tall flat brimmed sticker hats are mook hats, not the dad hats, lol. Do you wear mook hats?? I thought you were too old for those! :lol:
    Hell no.  I wear them too.  Mook is the style so you go with it.

I don't dress like a 20yo but I damn sure don't dress like an old fart either.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Other
    I saw a guy at the airport in Chicago last night and I almost fell over....he was wearing a 'Supreme' outfit from head to toe.  Looked like biggest wannabe ever at age 50 or so.  The shoes, spandex under shorts, drawstring backpack, shirt, hat...just the fucking worst.

More power to him -- certainly entitled to dress how you like, but I think trying to look like a teen when you are double (+) that age is pretty sad. 
    Perhaps it makes him very happy.  I hope so.  (He looked like a total clown.  Clowns can be happy.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    Other
    I saw a guy at the airport in Chicago last night and I almost fell over....he was wearing a 'Supreme' outfit from head to toe.  Looked like biggest wannabe ever at age 50 or so.  The shoes, spandex under shorts, drawstring backpack, shirt, hat...just the fucking worst.

More power to him -- certainly entitled to dress how you like, but I think trying to look like a teen when you are double (+) that age is pretty sad. 
    Perhaps it makes him very happy.  I hope so.  (He looked like a total clown.  Clowns can be happy.)

Yeah, That is a little too much, lol.  

I wonder how much he spent to get all of that gear?!?  Their stuff is 'spensive!

They've got a muthaluvin Zippo!!! Holy shit!!!  For $250 you can kiss my butt though.
    https://www.streetwearofficial.com/collections/supreme/products/supreme-logo-zippo-red
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Remember when wearing a "Supreme" outfit would mean a long sparkly gown and bouffant hairdo? Peppridge Farm remembers.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Other

Yeah, That is a little too much, lol.  

I wonder how much he spent to get all of that gear?!?  Their stuff is 'spensive!

They've got a muthaluvin Zippo!!! Holy shit!!!  For $250 you can kiss my butt though.
    https://www.streetwearofficial.com/collections/supreme/products/supreme-logo-zippo-red
    I wondered how much it cost him as well....
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Van Halen - Van Halen
    rgambs said:
    Remember when wearing a "Supreme" outfit would mean a long sparkly gown and bouffant hairdo? Peppridge Farm remembers.
    I love this :lol:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,672
    The Who - Who's Next
    Wobbie said:
    brianlux said:
    Great idea  Gambs!  I do believe our esteemed pollster, Mr. Medoz, previously mentioned having already selected the albums he intends to poll, but I like you suggestions.  Who's Next is my choice, not only because it is a killer album, but because it would be a close race to the finish.  Every song is a winner and the least among them reaches a level few bands can boast having had on any album. 

and Quadrophenia is even better!
    It's a great album but I'm kind of neurotic about it.  My brain goes about four different directions with that one.  Can you see the real me, can you?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,419

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    Other
    Rockin' the Suburbs - Ben Folds
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Other
    Wildflowers - Tom Petty
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Other
    Era Vulgaris - QOTSA
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    Wobbie said:
    brianlux said:
    Great idea  Gambs!  I do believe our esteemed pollster, Mr. Medoz, previously mentioned having already selected the albums he intends to poll, but I like you suggestions.  Who's Next is my choice, not only because it is a killer album, but because it would be a close race to the finish.  Every song is a winner and the least among them reaches a level few bands can boast having had on any album. 

and Quadrophenia is even better!
    It's a great album but I'm kind of neurotic about it.  My brain goes about four different directions with that one.  Can you see the real me, can you?
    I see what you did there. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Next album goes up Sunday, I will give you all a hint... it’s another 80s album.
  • Options
    Other
    Hair Metal!  
    ;)
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    cutz said:
    Rolling Stones-Beggar's Banquet
    This is an excellent suggestion.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Next album goes up Sunday, I will give you all a hint... it’s another 80s album.
    She’s So Unusual
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    The Who - Who's Next
    dankind said:
    MedozK said:
    She’s So Unusual
    Pretenders
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:
    dankind said:
    MedozK said:
    She’s So Unusual
    Pretenders
    Doolittle or Surfer Rosa
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    dankind said:
    ed243421 said:
    dankind said:
    MedozK said:
    She’s So Unusual
    Pretenders
    Doolittle or Surfer Rosa
    Deal!
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    It's time to get to some proper 1980s rock - Joshua Tree or Appetite for Destruction.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,672
    The Who - Who's Next

MedozK said:
    I'll take a scientific wild ass guess and say it going to be one by Boston. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,213
    MedozK said:
    If you want to create some controversy, go with MJ's Thriller.

If you want to make some go crazy, Licensed to Ill.

Or maybe some kick ass rock.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    rummy said:
    It's time to get to some proper 1980s rock - Joshua Tree or Appetite for Destruction.
    Hmm, Joshua Tree and rock are not 2 phrases I would put together. Achtung Baby rocks pretty good for a U2 album. I feel like Appetite is too easy because Sweet Child is the best song on there. Fun discussions would abound for sure though.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    tbergs said:
    rummy said:
    Hmm, Joshua Tree and rock are not 2 phrases I would put together. Achtung Baby rocks pretty good for a U2 album. I feel like Appetite is too easy because Sweet Child is the best song on there. Fun discussions would abound for sure though.
    Joshua Tree harder to to weed out than Appetite? It’s half amazing and half snooze fest. There are probably twice as many songs on Appetite that would compete for the top spot.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    tbergs said:
    rummy said:
    Rocket queen is the clear winner on that album. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    rummy said:
    You’re both fucking defective!

I don’t know why you two are having so much trouble with this one. “It’s So Easy.”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    DewieCox said:
    tbergs said:
    rummy said:
    Joshua Tree harder to to weed out than Appetite? It’s half amazing and half snooze fest. There are probably twice as many songs on Appetite that would compete for the top spot.
    Not at all, I am in agreement with you. I was saying Joshua Tree is not rock. After Bullet I basically shut off that album. I think quality wise, Appetite only has a few songs that really deserve the honor. No matter how hard the songs rock, there are some pretty cringe worthy lyrics on that album. Don't get me wrong, It's So Easy was a song I loved to rock out to in my teens, but not so much now. It's like listening to a Limp Bizkit song now. Pure jock rock schlock. Go ahead and tear me apart for that comparison :)
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    DewieCox said:
    tbergs said:
    rummy said:
    Not at all, I am in agreement with you. I was saying Joshua Tree is not rock. After Bullet I basically shut off that album. I think quality wise, Appetite only has a few songs that really deserve the honor. No matter how hard the songs rock, there are some pretty cringe worthy lyrics on that album. Don't get me wrong, It's So Easy was a song I loved to rock out to in my teens, but not so much now. It's like listening to a Limp Bizkit song now. Pure jock rock schlock. Go ahead and tear me apart for that comparison :)
    “You think you’re so cool....”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited March 2019
    Paradise City
    Welcome To The Jungle
    Nighttrain
    My Michelle
    Sweet Child
    BrownStone
    Rocket Queen
    Its So Easy

Not a ranking but all songs for which you could make a compelling argument.

Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    rummy said:
    That would be mine Scruffy
    "My brain's a good brain!"