Options

Ohana Fest 2019

1235»

Comments

• Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    Marriot pts 😉
    Looks like sometime in the past week or so it changed to a category 6 and is now 50k/nt instead of 35k...lucky break for those of us that booked early
  • Options
    I’d say...that saved me 60k points
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    How big of a festival is this?  30,000 people?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Way less I’d guess 10k or so for Ed last year
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    mcgruff10 said:
    How big of a festival is this?  30,000 people?
    I've read that capacity is somewhere between 15-20,000.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    Really happy for those who will get to go this year. Went last year and planned a whole family vacation around the festival. Had an awesome time! Stayed at an AirBnB walking distance from Doheny that was great, and really reasonable. Will definitely do that again. Or might consider staying in San Clemente and shuttling in next time (a cool spot, not as busy and is less “resorty”). Such a cool, mellow vibe around the entire weekend. This is my favorite music festival, by far. After Day 2, I even considered bringing my 3-year-old in, for Day 3, but the timing didn’t work for her. She’s an Eddie fan and next time, she’ll see him for sure.. tho maybe not his full set. 

I’d recommend the Ocean Institute and Baby Beach for anybody traveling with small kids. Free parking during the day there too. Enjoy!

LJadler said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jadler said:
    I’m so stoked for this. Can’t wait to see all the different collaboration going on. 
    Eddie always pops-up with many of the participating artists.......I have seen perform at Ohana with X, Liz Phair, Elvis Costello, Liam Finn, Jack Irons & Glen Hansard.
    He also joined Johnny Marr and Mumford and Sons last year (and others I’m sure). And it would be worth going and hanging out at the beach on Thursday night before the festival. Eddie played a private show on Thursday night last year. And you can hear really well (and see pretty well) from the sand outside the venue, which is awesome. We did that for Mumford and it was awesome. Bunch of people picnicking, people coming in from the surf. Awesome!
    Looking into rental locations now. For those who have been...would you say that Monarch Hills or San Clemente would be a better area? Referencing the post above it definitely seems like Monarch Hills is more on the resort side, albeit maybe a tad closer? San Clemente appears to have a pretty relaxed vibe and seems like a great little Oceanside town. Would much rather go this route than a hotel. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
  • Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Jadler said:
    Really happy for those who will get to go this year. Went last year and planned a whole family vacation around the festival. Had an awesome time! Stayed at an AirBnB walking distance from Doheny that was great, and really reasonable. Will definitely do that again. Or might consider staying in San Clemente and shuttling in next time (a cool spot, not as busy and is less “resorty”). Such a cool, mellow vibe around the entire weekend. This is my favorite music festival, by far. After Day 2, I even considered bringing my 3-year-old in, for Day 3, but the timing didn’t work for her. She’s an Eddie fan and next time, she’ll see him for sure.. tho maybe not his full set. 

I’d recommend the Ocean Institute and Baby Beach for anybody traveling with small kids. Free parking during the day there too. Enjoy!

LJadler said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jadler said:
    I’m so stoked for this. Can’t wait to see all the different collaboration going on. 
    Eddie always pops-up with many of the participating artists.......I have seen perform at Ohana with X, Liz Phair, Elvis Costello, Liam Finn, Jack Irons & Glen Hansard.
    He also joined Johnny Marr and Mumford and Sons last year (and others I’m sure). And it would be worth going and hanging out at the beach on Thursday night before the festival. Eddie played a private show on Thursday night last year. And you can hear really well (and see pretty well) from the sand outside the venue, which is awesome. We did that for Mumford and it was awesome. Bunch of people picnicking, people coming in from the surf. Awesome!
    Looking into rental locations now. For those who have been...would you say that Monarch Hills or San Clemente would be a better area? Referencing the post above it definitely seems like Monarch Hills is more on the resort side, albeit maybe a tad closer? San Clemente appears to have a pretty relaxed vibe and seems like a great little Oceanside town. Would much rather go this route than a hotel. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    I’ve never been to this festival but I’ve been to San Clemente many times and it is adorable.  We plan on staying there for the festival. 
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,180
    Jadler said:

LJadler said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jadler said:
    I don’t know Monarch Hills or San Clemente but I went last year and San Clemente has the benefit of being where the shuttle bus goes to, unless they change that this year.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Great stuff. Good to know. Thank you both! 
  • Options
    Ended up finding a nice little cottage in San Clemente. Going to be an amazing way to wind down the summer!
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226

A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg