Options

Possibly Selling My Denver 98 Ames Poster

cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
It's been in the tube since I got it in Denver 1998 at Fiddler's Green Amphitheater. I might be selling this soon, but before I get it out and take pictures, I'm curious to know if there might be anyone interested first.
If I decide to sell, I think I'd put it up for $500 plus shipping and insurance.
It's never been hung up or anything. Straight into the tube since day 1.
What do you guys think? PM me if you're serious and possibly interested. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    Should never leave posters in the tube! 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    sports football nfl sport confused GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I think any potential buyer is gonna want to see it unrolled and get a handle on what they're dealing with. 20 years in a tube is no bueno.
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    pjl44 said:
    I think any potential buyer is gonna want to see it unrolled and get a handle on what they're dealing with. 20 years in a tube is no bueno.
    If it’s been in the tube for 20 years, it’s going to need to be restored.  That’s not something you can just flatten out...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Worst poster of the 98's... And LA98 too.
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    Any chance you can film yourself opening the tube? I think everyone whould like to see this. Very understandable if you don't.
  • Options
    Lol. You’re the worst!! 
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    I think the LA would look pretty damn great with "normal" colors. The puke blue ruins it.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    LA is WAAAY better than Atlanta, Portland, Denver, Camden, and New Zealand from 98.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    LA is WAAAY better than Atlanta, Portland, Denver, Camden, and New Zealand from 98.
    I like the New Zealand print.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Disagree
  • Options
    Disagree
    It had potential.

It's my first show so I like it for a different reason.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Disagree as well - Camden is awesome..
    That's why art is great, though, all a matter of opinion.
    Post edited by SJD3232 on
  • Options
    After popping off the lid and inspecting at first glance. This beauty appears minty fresh like the day I placed her in the tube.

• Options
    After popping off the lid and inspecting at first glance. This beauty appears minty fresh like the day I placed her in the tube.

Until you try and flatten it!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

I would get that poster out of the tube immediately and put it in a safe place for at least a week before I even tried to flatten it!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Oh gosh... It’s not the end of the world. Pull it out and unroll it. No Big Deal. These posters were printed on thick stock. The paint isn’t going to crack or fall off. As long as it wasn’t bumped against the tube or mishandled, then the poster should be sold as mint. The only thing you’ll have to deal with is the poster taking some time to flatten out, this because it’s on thick stock, so it will want to roll back up on itself. Just place something heavy on it and you’ll be fine. No Big Deal.  
  • Options

Flatten it out and sell it.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Oh gosh... It’s not the end of the world. Pull it out and unroll it. No Big Deal. These posters were printed on thick stock. The paint isn’t going to crack or fall off. As long as it wasn’t bumped against the tube or mishandled, then the poster should be sold as mint. The only thing you’ll have to deal with is the poster taking some time to flatten out, this because it’s on thick stock, so it will want to roll back up on itself. Just place something heavy on it and you’ll be fine. No Big Deal.  
    I'm sure that sitting rolled up in an acidic tube with acidic paper wrapped around it for 20 years presents some possible discoloration issues. Perhaps that is just the artist in me, though. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    standstrongstandstrong Posts: 30
    edited March 2019
    deadendp said:
    I'm sure that sitting rolled up in an acidic tube with acidic paper wrapped around it for 20 years presents some possible discoloration issues. Perhaps that is just the artist in me, though. 
    Perhaps in the right conditions, but I’ve never seen it happen and I own 1950’s silkscreen prints that were printed on far thinner paper. Seen some rolled up for decades with zero issues. Maybe it depends on the environment. 20yrs isn’t much for this poster, or for most of those 90’s prints. Have you ever heard of anyone posting such an occurrence with 90’s prints? If you have I’d love to read about it. I’ve been in the game a long time and I have never seen it.  I’m not suggesting for anyone to store their posters like this, I;m just saying there’s no need to freak out. 

Post edited by standstrong on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Flatten it out and sell it.
    But let it rest out of the tube for a week or so before you start flattening it!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited March 2019
    deadendp said:
    Perhaps in the right conditions, but I’ve never seen it happen and I own 1950’s silkscreen prints that were printed on far thinner paper. Seen some rolled up for decades with zero issues. Maybe it depends on the environment. 20yrs isn’t much for this poster, or for most of those 90’s prints. Have you ever heard of anyone posting such an occurrence with 90’s prints? If you have I’d love to read about it. I’ve been in the game a long time and I have never seen it.  I’m not suggesting for anyone to store their posters like this, I;m just saying there’s no need to freak out. 

I've seen it in standard pulled prints held in similar conditions for far less time. 

Honestly, the tube has been cracked open but no one will know until said poster is unrolled. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I'm like
    suspense GIF
    on this thread
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    No cracked inked and only a couple of minor, minor creases. A weird rust colored ink around the white edges. It's smooth to the touch and looks like it happened during the printing of the posters. All 4 corners are sharp.

• Options
    No cracked inked and only a couple of minor, minor creases. A weird rust colored ink around the white edges. It's smooth to the touch and looks like it happened during the printing of the posters. All 4 corners are sharp.

Is that a mark or part of the picture just above the bird pictured?
  • Options
    There's a small crease right above the bird. If that what your asking?
  • Options
    There's a small crease right above the bird. If that what your asking?
    Yes, thanks. Couldnt tell if it was just the lighting.
  • Options
    No problem!
  • Options
    $100 print now.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Had a great time at this show.

set: Long Road, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Brain of J, Dissident, Given to Fly, MFC, Habit, In Hiding, Even Flow, Daughter/(Monkey Gone to Heaven), Pilate, Off He Goes, I Got Shit, Do the Evolution, Alive, Black
    enc 1: Wishlist, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, Leaving Here 
    enc 2: I Am a Patriot (Ed solo)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com