What classic album poll should Mendoz create next?

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Dang, that tune is good!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Other
    DewieCox said:
    Dang, that tune is good!!
    Their 2018 album is good too! :)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    PJ_Soul said:
    How about something newer and/or less "dad rock" type bands? Like Modest Mouse, or R.E.M, or Radiohead, or QOTSA, or Portugal. The Man, or Gary Clarke Jr., or All Them Witches, or Dr. Dog, or Courtney Barnett, or The White Stripes or Jack White, or....
    Radiohead....OK Computer's "Let Down" ... no need to do that one! ;-)
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, I pretty much only post when I'm ripshit high nowadays so I can't defend my posts as valid or worthwhile anymore lol
    Sorry guys lol 

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Gnr appetite for destruction
    nirvana nevermind 
    weezer blue album
    metalicca master of puppets
    ratm self titled
    beatles 1
    u2 Joshua tree or acthung baby
    dmb crash
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    The Who - Who's Next
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, I pretty much only post when I'm ripshit high nowadays so I can't defend my posts as valid or worthwhile anymore lol
    Sorry guys lol 

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Other
    rgambs said:
    Sorry guys lol 

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,434
    edited March 2019
    The Who - Who's Next
    Who's Next is simply a staggering piece of perfection and could've/should've been even better but, unfortunately Roger, Keith and John just couldn't grasp the bigger picture that was Pete's Lifehouse story!
    Post edited by vito on
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Van Halen - Van Halen
    PJ_Soul said:
    How about something newer and/or less "dad rock" type bands? Like Modest Mouse, or R.E.M, or Radiohead, or QOTSA, or Portugal. The Man, or Gary Clarke Jr., or All Them Witches, or Dr. Dog, or Courtney Barnett, or The White Stripes or Jack White, or....
    :angry:  Classic Rock, not dad rock. It's in the title of the thread. :angry:
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Other
    rgambs said:
    Sorry guys lol 

Awesome
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Other
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ha...most of those are dad rock, aren’t they? What are All Them Witches about? Not heard that name much.
    I've seen them called a "neo-psychedelic rock quartet", which describes them as well as anything I guess, except for the quartet part now. Just recently they ditched their keyboardist permanently, and are now a trio - it did not hurt their sound at all. But all I really know is that they're really good, and one of the true current younger rock bands that prove rock isn't dead at all. I saw them live a little while ago - they were great. I suppose not for everyone because of that "psychedelic" factor... anyway, they are super skilled - some of their riffs and extended jams are insane.

Here's their 2017 Live on KEXP session, for a taste (so with the since-dumped keyboardist).

That's my girl!  Learn them something!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Other
    rgambs said:
    Sorry guys lol 

:plus_one:
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    The Who - Who's Next
    DewieCox said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ha...most of those are dad rock, aren’t they? What are All Them Witches about? Not heard that name much.
    Yes, some of them are.  I think PJ_S meant that bands like The Who, The Rolling Stones, even Huey Lewis are "Granddad Rock"  or maybe "Old Geezer Rock"  :lol:  

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I would love to see The Darkness Permission to Land on one of these.  If for nothing else, to observe the polarity in everyone's reactions.  :lol:
    That band is so horrendous...  Stop it.  Next you'll want him to do Crash Test Dummies' 'And God Shuffled His Feet?'
    The Darkness is fuckin awesome! Super talented musicians.  I Believe In A Thing Called Love would be my first vote off.  It's was fun when it came out, but its become a caricature of itself.  It's a karaoke song now. But the rest of the album is friggin killer.
    And this may be the first time dankind and I agree on anything, lol, but God Shuffled is great!

Love Darkness.

Their last two albums are unlistenable for me, but Permission and One Way are awesome.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10 said:
    nirvana nevermind 
    weezer blue album
    ratm self titled
    beatles 1
    dmb crash

Yes to every one of these except Weezer and Beatles.

Esp. Rage
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    The Who - Who's Next
    We need more polls!!!

we should be doing 5 albums a week

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ed243421 said:
    We need more polls!!!

we should be doing 5 albums a week

Then make your own, you lazy sot.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    The Who - Who's Next

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

I SAW PEARL JAM
    The Who - Who's Next

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

I SAW PEARL JAM
    The Who - Who's Next

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

edited March 2019
    Other
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    For me, there is classic rock, then there is classic dad rock. :lol::tongue:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Van Halen - Van Halen
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    But what about the moms?   :tongue:  :rock_on:

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    nirvana nevermind 
    weezer blue album
    ratm self titled
    beatles 1
    dmb crash

Yes to every one of these except Weezer and Beatles.

Esp. Rage
    Know your enemy might be my favorite track. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited March 2019
    Other
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Moms can like dad rock of course, but there is also mom rock, and dads can like that as well ... Bon Jovi, Duran Duran, DMB, etc. :lol:
    (let's all keep in mind that Pearl Jam is dad rock according to Gen Z!)
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Moms can like dad rock of course, but there is also mom rock, and dads can like that as well ... Bon Jovi, Duran Duran, DMB, etc. :lol:
    Thread’s taking a sexist turn. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Other
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Thread’s taking a sexist turn. 

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,175
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Thread’s taking a sexy turn. 
    If you say so.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited March 2019
    I know it’s just a silly term but I think people are misunderstanding what dad rock is. It started as a way to slag bands that still put out new music but it’s the sanitized, safe late career stuff. “Dad rock” is made by dads not consumed by them.

Pear Jam became dad rock when they put out Backspacer and after,  Wilco joined in when they put out Sky Blue Sky and beyond, for example.

Post edited by DewieCox on