What 1996 boots are soundboard?

Except for that Berlin show?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    There are none really.  Berlin is a pre-FM feed (at least the best source).  There is an ALD mono feed that was mixed with an Audience source for 10.2 Hartford.

Buffalo was often wrongly labeled as a soundboard, it is just a really good audience source on a mic stand back by the mixing desk.

There are several really good audience recordings on this tour, for top sound quality IMHO opinion these are the best.

11.4 - multi source mix 

There's a decent Randall's Island Night 2 that was deq'd well to take out some excess crowd blather and clapping.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    PB11041 said:
    There are none really.  Berlin is a pre-FM feed (at least the best source).  There is an ALD mono feed that was mixed with an Audience source for 10.2 Hartford.

Buffalo was often wrongly labeled as a soundboard, it is just a really good audience source on a mic stand back by the mixing desk.

There are several really good audience recordings on this tour, for top sound quality IMHO opinion these are the best.

11.4 - multi source mix 

There's a decent Randall's Island Night 2 that was deq'd well to take out some excess crowd blather and clapping.  
    Thanks -- will check it out! Yes - hartford sounded damn good.

You got any info on what 1998 shows are soundboard - or soundboard-esque quality?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited March 2019
    PB11041 said:

11.4 - multi source mix 

You got any info on what 1998 shows are soundboard - or soundboard-esque quality?
    Off the top of my head...

03.05.98 Melbourne (FM)
    07.13.98 LA (ALD/aud, official)
    07.14.98 LA (ALD/aud)
    07.22.98 Seattle (SBD)
    09.16.98 Mansfield (ALD)
    09.19.98 DC (official)

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    I have the 2 seattle shows on bootleg cd. Very good sound but dont think they are soundboard.
    https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Secret-Gig/release/2834214
    https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Keys-To-Success/release/5029408
    Kearnsy
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Any one have a decent copy of la 7/14/98?
    i always thought buffalo and Hartford were soundboard!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    PB11041 said:

11.4 - multi source mix 

03.05.98 Melbourne (FM)
    07.14.98 LA (ALD/aud)
    07.22.98 Seattle (SBD)
    09.16.98 Mansfield (ALD)
    09.19.98 DC (official)

St. Louis also has an ALD source.
    Wait... there has been two 98 shows as vaults? I must have both on vinyl then... but did any of them come with a MP3 copy of the concert?
  • NM70698NM70698 Posts: 74
    PB11041 said:

11.4 - multi source mix 

Can you elaborate with regard to 9/24?  The only source I've ever heard was listenable but not something I'd classify as "really good."  If there's a quality recording out there of it I'm very interested in finding it.  Thanks
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    CopperTom said:
    St. Louis And Portland
    Wait, wuh? In circulation? Do you have these and able to share?

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    The Hartford boot I have claims it's soundboard, but I have no idea. It sounds great. I assume we're talking the same one.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    CopperTom said:
    St. Louis And Portland
    Wait, wuh? In circulation? Do you have these and able to share?

PM me. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    CopperTom said:
    And Portland
    Theres an ALD source of Portland 1998?

NM70698 said:
    PB11041 said:

11.4 - multi source mix 

Can you elaborate with regard to 9/24?  The only source I've ever heard was listenable but not something I'd classify as "really good."  If there's a quality recording out there of it I'm very interested in finding it.  Thanks
    To the best of my recollection it is the Schoeps source listed below.  I believe there may have been some eqing ultimately done on the final mix I have.  Information below is from the database Carl S used to maintain (Hard to Imagine) 

PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    And Portland
    source: [Nak700 > DTR80P] + [SBD (mono) > ALD > DAT] => CDR, lineage: CDR > CDR > .flac, transfer: EAC > FLAC frontend > .flac
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    And Portland
    source: [Nak700 > DTR80P] + [SBD (mono) > ALD > DAT] => CDR, lineage: CDR > CDR > .flac, transfer: EAC > FLAC frontend > .flac
    I've had a NAK 2 source mix for a long while, but definitely not with and ALD line.  Do you have to have this flac?  I would love to compare it to what I have.  

And then to the larger world reading if you are reading, does anyone have the ALD source alone?

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PB11041 said:
    NM70698 said:
    PB11041 said:

11.4 - multi source mix 

To the best of my recollection it is the Schoeps source listed below.  I believe there may have been some eqing ultimately done on the final mix I have.  Information below is from the database Carl S used to maintain (Hard to Imagine) 

I don't know the source of my bootleg for that show, but it's one of the best from '96. Sounds great without excessive crowd noise.

I have the 09/28 show with decent audio, but it's pretty similar to the YouTube audio quality of the whole show that's out there. I'd say the YouTube one has slightly clearer vocals, but lacks the drumming quality of the boot.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:

11.4 - multi source mix 

03.05.98 Melbourne (FM)
    07.14.98 LA (ALD/aud)
    07.22.98 Seattle (SBD)
    09.16.98 Mansfield (ALD)
    09.19.98 DC (official)

St. Louis also has an ALD source.
    I think 6/21 sounds pretty good too, but the best are 03/05 and 07/22. Nothing else unofficial compares to those that I've heard, but there are a lot of great sounding ones out there for 98.

I think I have about 12 shows of various qualities of decent from that year. I think somewhere around the '06 tour I downloaded everything I could find for each tour year, but only kept the ones that didn't make my ears bleed. I'm sure they're all still out there to sort through.
    Wait... there has been two 98 shows as vaults? I must have both on vinyl then... but did any of them come with a MP3 copy of the concert?

No. You have to buy those separately. 
    tbergs said:

Thanks!
    FYI, someone sent me this link on another board.  Carl S's site is still active under a newer domain, it is rich and plentiful with data.  I used to rely on his site in the late 90s and early aughts before the advent of Torrents, when we used to trade shows the old fashioned way, USPS

https://hardtoimagine.org/

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    tbergs said:

Vault 3 came w download 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    edited March 2019
    NewJPage said:
    tbergs said:

Vault 3 came w download 
    Yes, that is why I have that one as mp3 then. I think.
    NewJPage said:
    tbergs said:

Vault 3 came w download 
    Too bad they didn't keep that trend going. Forgot they did that.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    And Portland
    I've had a NAK 2 source mix for a long while, but definitely not with and ALD line.  Do you have to have this flac?  I would love to compare it to what I have.  

And then to the larger world reading if you are reading, does anyone have the ALD source alone?
    I got these 3 sources ..

1.) [Nak700 > DTR80P] + [SBD (mono) > ALD > DAT] => CDR

2.) Source: Nakamichi 700 > Denon DTR-80p > DAT > CDR > dEdit > dEQ > SHN

3.) Nakamichi CM700 -> Denon DTR-80p (11th row) / Generation: DAT(M) -> DAT(2) 44.1khz -> FLAC / Transfer: DA-20 -> Monster coax -> DiO 2496 -> Soundforge 6.0 -> (resample to 44.1) -> CDWave -> FLAC [619mb]

demetrios said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    And Portland

I got these 3 sources ..

3.) Nakamichi CM700 -> Denon DTR-80p (11th row) / Generation: DAT(M) -> DAT(2) 44.1khz -> FLAC / Transfer: DA-20 -> Monster coax -> DiO 2496 -> Soundforge 6.0 -> (resample to 44.1) -> CDWave -> FLAC [619mb]

Can a beggar be a chooser?  I am interested in checking out the ALD lineage.

What is ALD? audiofeed for the hearing impaired?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    What is ALD? audiofeed for the hearing impaired?
    Yes. It is a mono feed from the soundboard.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    PB11041 said:
    demetrios said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    And Portland

I got these 3 sources ..

Can a beggar be a chooser?  I am interested in checking out the ALD lineage.
    IIRC, The mix doesn't sound much better than #3.  I think that's one of ALD sources that is impossible to find by itself.