What classic album poll should Mendoz create next?

rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

What classic album poll should Mendoz create next? 28 votes

Van Halen - Van Halen
7%
jeffbrnjnancy 2 votes
A Beatles album
10%
josevolutionwillbarclayGlorified KC 3 votes
Pink Floyd - Dark Side
25%
2-feign-reluctanceNamiredsfan1LukinFanpledgeagrievanceGtilley8JojoRice 7 votes
The Who - Who's Next
17%
vitoBrainofBGAed243421brianluxConorKavanagh 5 votes
Black Sabbath - Self Titled
7%
BLACK35SmallestOceans 2 votes
A Metallica album
10%
Ledbetterman10No Codereeriepadave 3 votes
Other
21%
HesCalledDyerPapF Me In The Braintempo_n_groovePJ_Soul23scidoo 6 votes

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Damnit that was supposed to be Deep Purple, not Black Sabbath!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Other
    He said he already has his list...but these are some good options
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Why does it have to be Lunch Box? The man works hard enough, dammit! Create yer own damn polls, people. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Why do Floyd, Sabbath and The Who have a specific album, but any Beatles or Metallica album would work? Floyd especially has as many great albums as the Beatles and Metallica only has one(Master of Puppets).
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I learned long ago to never cross a Menendez so I'll let Erik or Lyle decide.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    edited March 2019
    The Who - Who's Next
    Great idea  Gambs!  I do believe our esteemed pollster, Mr. Medoz, previously mentioned having already selected the albums he intends to poll, but I like you suggestions.  Who's Next is my choice, not only because it is a killer album, but because it would be a close race to the finish.  Every song is a winner and the least among them reaches a level few bands can boast having had on any album. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    The fact that he chose Sports as album #4 keeps this whole thing VERY wide open. Sure, the traditional rock classics you listed are very worthy (even essential) but whose to say that he doesn't go down some other road and include, for example, Purple Rain, Rio, or even something by ABBA or Alanis Morrisette? I have absolutely no idea who's next!

Sports????? Who would of seen that one coming?????
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    The Who - Who's Next
    Let's make it really interesting:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    With the trajectory the quality of albums has been taking, this poll should be a choice between:

Poison: look What the Cat Dragged In
    Creed: human Clay
    and the entire Nickelback discography.

=)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Other
    DewieCox said:
    Why do Floyd, Sabbath and The Who have a specific album, but any Beatles or Metallica album would work? Floyd especially has as many great albums as the Beatles and Metallica only has one(Master of Puppets).
    Say what?!?
    Other
    Poncier said:
    With the trajectory the quality of albums has been taking, this poll should be a choice between:

=)
    This is funny!

I actually wrote to him with these suggestions:
    Motley Crue Shout a the Devil, TS Stay Hungry, Warrant DRFSR?

What would be interesting to do is do a bands albums and from that album chosen then do the songs off of it.

Mindless fun for days!!!
    Other
    I would love to see The Darkness Permission to Land on one of these.  If for nothing else, to observe the polarity in everyone's reactions.  :lol:
    Other
    I would love to see The Darkness Permission to Land on one of these.  If for nothing else, to observe the polarity in everyone's reactions.  :lol:
    That band is so horrendous...  Stop it.  Next you'll want him to do Crash Test Dummies' 'And God Shuffled His Feet?'
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Other
    Poncier said:

=)
    No shocker that I like that Poison album.  :)

That band is so horrendous...  Stop it.  Next you'll want him to do Crash Test Dummies' 'And God Shuffled His Feet?'
    God Shuffled His Feet is a goddamn masterpiece!

A masterpiece, I say!!!

(Note to self: Turkey slap Chris the next time you see him.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    DewieCox said:
    Say what?!?

• ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    The Who - Who's Next

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Other
    The Darkness is fuckin awesome! Super talented musicians.  I Believe In A Thing Called Love would be my first vote off.  It's was fun when it came out, but its become a caricature of itself.  It's a karaoke song now. But the rest of the album is friggin killer.
    And this may be the first time dankind and I agree on anything, lol, but God Shuffled is great!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The Darkness is fuckin awesome! Super talented musicians.  I Believe In A Thing Called Love would be my first vote off.  It's was fun when it came out, but its become a caricature of itself.  It's a karaoke song now. But the rest of the album is friggin killer.
    And this may be the first time dankind and I agree on anything, lol, but God Shuffled is great!
    That's exactly how I would describe the band as a whole lol
    Other
    Yeah that song is awful...a guy I used to work with would mock it relentlessly.  Very funny.
    I thought that we also agreed that Chris is an asshole. Were you not part of that accord?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Other
    dankind said:
    I thought that we also agreed that Chris is an asshole. Were you not part of that accord?
    Lol, I don't recall.  I was just being facetious anyway. I think we only really disagree on college sports.
    dankind said:
    Lol, I don't recall.  I was just being facetious anyway. I think we only really disagree on college sports.
    That's because you're an ignoramus.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Other
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    That's because you're an ignoramus.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side
    It's time to tear up DSOTM.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Other
    How about something newer and/or less "dad rock" type bands? Like Modest Mouse, or R.E.M, or Radiohead, or QOTSA, or Portugal. The Man, or Gary Clarke Jr., or All Them Witches, or Dr. Dog, or Courtney Barnett, or The White Stripes or Jack White, or....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    How about something newer and/or less "dad rock" type bands? Like Modest Mouse, or R.E.M, or Radiohead, or QOTSA, or Portugal. The Man, or Gary Clarke Jr., or All Them Witches, or Dr. Dog, or Courtney Barnett, or The White Stripes or Jack White, or....
    Ha...most of those are dad rock, aren’t they? What are All Them Witches about? Not heard that name much.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Mendoz. The freshmaker.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2019
    Other
    DewieCox said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ha...most of those are dad rock, aren’t they? What are All Them Witches about? Not heard that name much.
    I've seen them called a "neo-psychedelic rock quartet", which describes them as well as anything I guess, except for the quartet part now. Just recently they ditched their keyboardist permanently, and are now a trio - it did not hurt their sound at all. But all I really know is that they're really good, and one of the true current younger rock bands that prove rock isn't dead at all. I saw them live a little while ago - they were great. I suppose not for everyone because of that "psychedelic" factor... anyway, they are super skilled - some of their riffs and extended jams are insane.

Here's their 2017 Live on KEXP session, for a taste (so with the since-dumped keyboardist).

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata