Pearl Jam’s best rare cuts SiriusXM PJ Radio

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited March 2019 in The Porch

Which rare Pearl Jam cut can’t you get enough of? Have you been chasing one of these songs your entire life but can’t seem to catch it live? Cast your vote now in Pearl Jam Radio’s Rarities Poll! Then, tune in Wednesday, 3/20/2019 at 5 pm ET on Pearl Jam Radio to hear the results from this poll during a live Faithful Forum!

Directions: Select 2 songs from the list below. You may vote once between 3/8/2019 at 11 am ET and 3/19/2019 at 5 pm ET.

Vote for your favorite Pearl Jam Rarities

Alone
Brother
Bugs
Dirty Frank
Drifting
Fatal
Footsteps
Force Of Nature
Ghost
Hard To Imagine
Hold On
In The Moonlight
Let Me Sleep
Marker In The Sand
Of The Earth
Other Side
Out Of My Mind
Sad
Strangest Tribe
Undone

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    No Parting Ways All or None or Around the Bend.....

Going with HTI
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I can't believe I've been fortunate enough to hear All or None, Hard to Imagine, Footsteps, and Sad.  Damn 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Footsteps has about 117 plays, Sad 54 (given that it did not appear until 2004, that is quite a bit - HTI debuted in 1992 and only has 43 plays)

Hitchhiker though not my favorite Binaural Dog, only 1x, Moonlight 4x and Education 9x

For me it is definitely Fatal and more important Strangest Tribe, which I missed by a day in 2016
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I've seen 12/20 so Let's vote for Brother!!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    • Hard to Imagine
    • Of The Earth
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Alone
    Hold On
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Fatal and Other Side
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    -Strangest Tribe
    -Other Side
    it's been a hard choice.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    Alone
    Brother
    Bugs
    Dirty Frank
    Drifting
    Fatal
    Footsteps
    Force Of Nature
    Ghost
    Hard To Imagine
    Hold On
    In The Moonlight
    Let Me Sleep
    Marker In The Sand
    Of The Earth
    Other Side
    Out Of My Mind
    Sad
    Strangest Tribe
    Undone
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Fatal and Hold On

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    How about Just a Girl or Get Right? Now those two are rare these days! One might even say they are extinct!
    rummy said:
    How about Just a Girl or Get Right? Now those two are rare these days! One might even say they are extinct!
    For the band, pretty much they are. But then they busted out Strangest Tribe for the first time some years ago, and played Angel too (never thought they would go for that one) so who knows?
    Girl is hands down the whitest of the whales though.. played only once at their first show (at least as long as a recording of one of those early never circulated shows with uncertain or unknown setlists will surface proving otherwise).
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited March 2019
    rummy said:
    For the band, pretty much they are. 
    I don't think Get Right is. They tried to rehearse it for the Philly 2009 (or maybe it was Pj20...) shows and Stone has said they didn't know the song and skipped putting time in to learn it. But it does show that it is a song that exists in their minds at least, and could be pulled put.

Just a Girl is more like Hold On I would say -- if it shows again or not you can't even put down odds on. But the time for it would have been post Ten Super Deluxe-edition when Brother was brought out again (Brother was a radio single at the time though I think..?)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    rummy said:
    For the band, pretty much they are. But then they busted out Strangest Tribe for the first time some years ago, and played Angel too (never thought they would go for that one) so who knows?
    Girl is hands down the whitest of the whales though.. played only once at their first show (at least as long as a recording of one of those early never circulated shows with uncertain or unknown setlists will surface proving otherwise).
    Not that it doesn't continue to make it extremely rare, but it definitely was played at least one other time, 1/11/91 Vancouver

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited March 2019
    Alone
    Brother
    Bugs
    Dirty Frank
    Drifting
    Fatal
    Footsteps
    Force Of Nature
    Ghost
    Hard To Imagine
    Hold On
    In The Moonlight
    Let Me Sleep
    Marker In The Sand
    Of The Earth
    Other Side
    Out Of My Mind
    Sad
    Strangest Tribe
    Undone

I've heard 13 of the 20...
    Fatal and Hold On are probably my favorites on the list,
    with Hard To Imagine a close third.
    Thumbing My Way & Fatal were the songs I was "chasing"...
    finally got TMW at Lexington in '16 & Fatal at Missoula in '18.
    I've heard Let Me Sleep 4 of the 7 times it's been played live:
    Seattle 2013 / Toronto #1 2016 / Wrigley #1 2016 / Seattle #1 2018
    Of the remaining songs...
    I'd pick Force Of Nature & Undone as the ones I'd like to hear most,
    but Get Right & Gonna See My Friend are the songs I really want.
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Voted Hard to Imagine and Strangest Tribe.
    PB11041 said:
    rummy said:
    Not that it doesn't continue to make it extremely rare, but it definitely was played at least one other time, 1/11/91 Vancouver
    How can you say that it was definitely played at that show? You were there? You have a recording (that no one else has, apart from the band maybe)? I'm aware of that setlist on this site (and there are discrepancies between the hand-written set and the setlist indicated on the site). The song may or may not have been played at that show. We can't be sure. Maybe it was played in other 1991 shows, too. But again, we can't be 100% sure it was played more than once.
    PB11041 said:
    rummy said:
    How can you say that it was definitely played at that show? You were there? You have a recording (that no one else has, apart from the band maybe)? I'm aware of that setlist on this site (and there are discrepancies between the hand-written set and the setlist indicated on the site). The song may or may not have been played at that show. We can't be sure. Maybe it was played in other 1991 shows, too. But again, we can't be 100% sure it was played more than once.
    There's no reason for me to doubt a hand written set for a 9 song show in 1991, certainly not because somebody mistyped information on the history section of this website which is littered with mistakes. 

PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    rummy said:
    There's no reason for me to doubt a hand written set for a 9 song show in 1991, certainly not because somebody mistyped information on the history section of this website which is littered with mistakes. 
    that was not the point, I know what you're saying. My point is: the fact a song is written on a setlist is not a 100% proof that the song was actually played, be it a 1991 short show or a 2016 one. it's not a matter of doubting anything, just simple logic. I don't even know why we're arguing about it since we're basically saying the same thing. We know the song has been played once (fact). Maybe a couple times more, but that's not a fact, just as assumption (that may be wrong, for what we actually know). Better this way?
  • edited March 2019
    There are a number of songs on here that I would consider among their best. 
    Of the Earth
    Marker in the Sand
    looking to hear of the earth
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    Sad & Footsteps get my vote 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Voted Out Of My Mind & Hard To Imagine.

Which rare Pearl Jam cut can’t you get enough of? Have you been chasing one of these songs your entire life but can’t seem to catch it live? Cast your vote now in Pearl Jam Radio’s Rarities Poll! Then, tune in Wednesday, 3/20/2019 at 5 pm ET on Pearl Jam Radio to hear the results from this poll during a live Faithfull Forum!

http://blog.siriusxm.com/vote-pearl-jams-best-rare-cuts/

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I voted for Fatal & Hold On
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

Fatal, Tribe.

:)
  • demetrios said:

Which rare Pearl Jam cut can’t you get enough of? Have you been chasing one of these songs your entire life but can’t seem to catch it live? Cast your vote now in Pearl Jam Radio’s Rarities Poll! Then, tune in Wednesday, 3/20/2019 at 5 pm ET on Pearl Jam Radio to hear the results from this poll during a live Faithful Forum!

Directions: Select 2 songs from the list below. You may vote once between 3/8/2019 at 11 am ET and 3/19/2019 at 5 pm ET.

Vote for your favorite Pearl Jam Rarities

Alone
    Brother
    Bugs
    Dirty Frank
    Drifting
    Fatal
    Footsteps
    Force Of Nature
    Ghost
    Hard To Imagine
    Hold On
    In The Moonlight
    Let Me Sleep
    Marker In The Sand
    Of The Earth
    Other Side
    Out Of My Mind
    Sad
    Strangest Tribe
    Undone

I've been lucky to have seen all but 4 on this list at least 1 time. The ones I have not are Dirty Frank, In the moonlight, Let me sleep and Of the Earth. OTE is the only one I would love to see of the ones I have yet to see...
    Heard 11/20 live.

Hope to someday experience any of these on their next tour.

Brother
    Drifting
    Dirty Frank
    Fatal
    In the Moonlight
    Of The Earth
    Other Side
    Strangest Tribe
    Undone