Ohana Fest 2019

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Quite the jump in price for a 1-day wristband.....$100 last year (non-discounted).......$127 this year
    It sounds like they have been improving the whole experience every year so with that comes a price hike . Still thinks it's a good price for the amount of artists you get to see. Do I wish it was cheaper, yeah, but it hasn't priced me out yet. The supporting acts really determine the overall value to each person IMHO.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    edited March 2019
    There has been quite a lot of beach erosion in Dana Point recently.  The city is exploring ways to restore it.  Perhaps part of the increase is coming from the start beach that the event is held on trying to generate more cash to help fix the beach. 

https://abc7.com/capistrano-beach-crumbling-from-erosion/5161755/ 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Did every 10 Club member get a presale code for this? I'm guessing there will be a lot of unused codes from members in other states/countries. Sure wish they would have allowed for more than a 2-ticket per code limit for those of us wanting to bring along friends/family.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • HarrycatHarrycat UK Posts: 58
    Got tickets for this coming over from the UK and its my birthday weekend! Love the Strokes and very excited to see the RHCP. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    kasedoug said:
    tbergs said:
    What's parking like around the concert area? Looking at finding a place to stay about 10-15 minutes away.
    There's parking in the Doheny State Beach lots for $20 per day on the festival days. The parking in the lots immediately next to the entrance fills up fairly quickly each morning, but there is parking further down the beach and they run free shuttles up and down the lots throughout the day. 
    Also, there's offsite parking at the San Clemente Outlets and a shuttle from there. That one costs money per day. I've always been there early enough to park in the Doheny lots so maybe someone else that's taken the paid shuttle from the Outlets can speak to that.
    HAHAHA...paying for parking? Never!....Riding a shuttle?....NEVER!!  I have a locals secret for free parking that is close. .....PM me if you want it! 

• whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Really happy for those who will get to go this year. Went last year and planned a whole family vacation around the festival. Had an awesome time! Stayed at an AirBnB walking distance from Doheny that was great, and really reasonable. Will definitely do that again. Or might consider staying in San Clemente and shuttling in next time (a cool spot, not as busy and is less “resorty”). Such a cool, mellow vibe around the entire weekend. This is my favorite music festival, by far. After Day 2, I even considered bringing my 3-year-old in, for Day 3, but the timing didn’t work for her. She’s an Eddie fan and next time, she’ll see him for sure.. tho maybe not his full set. 

I’d recommend the Ocean Institute and Baby Beach for anybody traveling with small kids. Free parking during the day there too. Enjoy!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    someone told me there is a pretty good golf coarse nearby, I plan on doing a little bit of everything. Seeing Padres/Dodgers, Maybe get lucky with A MNF Game that week
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Planning to move to LA in July so i might be able to make it to this... Does this fest usually sell out right away?
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    CROJAM95 said:
    someone told me there is a pretty good golf coarse nearby, I plan on doing a little bit of everything. Seeing Padres/Dodgers, Maybe get lucky with A MNF Game that week

Petco is a great ballpark, awash in craft beer. Too bad the Padres are terrible.

Golf -- do you mean Torrey Pines in San Diego/ La Jolla? It's a public course; the golfers I know aren't crazy about it (I'm not a golfer). The views there are insane -- but I personally prefer the beach below it. :-D
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    CROJAM95 said:

Petco is a great ballpark, awash in craft beer. Too bad the Padres are terrible.

Golf -- do you mean Torrey Pines in San Diego/ La Jolla? It's a public course; the golfers I know aren't crazy about it (I'm not a golfer). The views there are insane -- but I personally prefer the beach below it. :-D
    I know about Torrey, I was thinking about another coarse

Padres on the rise.... it’s a noon game, so I’m sure it will be 80 and perfect day to chill and get a tan
    Planning to move to LA in July so i might be able to make it to this... Does this fest usually sell out right away?
    In previous years, the festival didn't sell out, so you could get tickets up through September. Hard to tell this year, though. RHCP is arguably a much bigger draw than anyone else who has ever played Ohana, and The Strokes aren't far behind.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221
    Got my presale tix 
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 703
    I’m so stoked for this. Can’t wait to see all the different collaboration going on. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Jadler said:
    I’m so stoked for this. Can’t wait to see all the different collaboration going on. 
    Eddie always pops-up with many of the participating artists.......I have seen perform at Ohana with X, Liz Phair, Elvis Costello, Liam Finn, Jack Irons & Glen Hansard.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    got my tix too!
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jadler said:
    Eddie always pops-up with many of the participating artists.......I have seen perform at Ohana with X, Liz Phair, Elvis Costello, Liam Finn, Jack Irons & Glen Hansard.
    He also joined Johnny Marr and Mumford and Sons last year (and others I’m sure). And it would be worth going and hanging out at the beach on Thursday night before the festival. Eddie played a private show on Thursday night last year. And you can hear really well (and see pretty well) from the sand outside the venue, which is awesome. We did that for Mumford and it was awesome. Bunch of people picnicking, people coming in from the surf. Awesome!
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 703
    edited March 2019
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jadler said:
    He also joined Johnny Marr and Mumford and Sons last year (and others I’m sure). And it would be worth going and hanging out at the beach on Thursday night before the festival. Eddie played a private show on Thursday night last year. And you can hear really well (and see pretty well) from the sand outside the venue, which is awesome. We did that for Mumford and it was awesome. Bunch of people picnicking, people coming in from the surf. Awesome!
    That sounds amazing! Thanks for the heads up on that. Will definitely be in the area then. Sounds like an overall great time/ vibe. Anyone else from the Boston area heading out there?
    Post edited by Jadler on
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jadler said:
    Yes!  This excites me!  I’d love to see him perform with the strokes!  This will be my first Ohana fest, super stoked
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jadler said:
    Eddie & Liz....  that would make my day!
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jadler said:
    Eddie & Liz....  that would make my day!
    She joined him last year to sing “Better Man.” It was amazing.
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jadler said:
    Yes!  This excites me!  I’d love to see him perform with the strokes!  This will be my first Ohana fest, super stoked
    He performed "Juicebox" with them at PJ20. There is a very strong chance that this will be reprised at Ohana Fest. 

• GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    This was a great festival last year and i love the lineup this year.  Don't love the price increase though. While only $30 more a single day that is a lot for a one year jump.   
    I will likely try to get one day tickets closer to the date if it does not sell out but i'm thinking this is has become a bigger event than years past.  For better or worse it will sell out quick
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    This was a great festival last year and i love the lineup this year.  Don't love the price increase though. While only $30 more a single day that is a lot for a one year jump.   
    I will likely try to get one day tickets closer to the date if it does not sell out but i'm thinking this is has become a bigger event than years past.  For better or worse it will sell out quick
    we'll see....  i think it will sell no better or worse than years past.  i dont see a sell out, certainly not quick.  but thats just a guess.  i'm gonna roll the dice like years past and wait for someone selling extras.  
  • bigdeathbigdeath Chicago Posts: 80
    To those who already purchased tickets, are they paper ticket, downloads, etc?  

Looking to buy tickets, but want to be sure I could sell or traded them at face value to someone on the board if my work schedule no longer allows me to attend as it changes month to month.  Have no way to predict what work holds for me in September, but don't want to get shut out of this great line up.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    bigdeath said:

Looking to buy tickets, but want to be sure I could sell or traded them at face value to someone on the board if my work schedule no longer allows me to attend as it changes month to month.  Have no way to predict what work holds for me in September, but don't want to get shut out of this great line up.
    Wristbands. You should be fine if you are unable to attend. 
    bigdeath said:

They're wristbands, so you'd have to mail them or meet up with somebody to make the exchange. The biggest concern would be the fact that they usually ship them less than 2 weeks before the event date, so you'd be on a bit of a tight timeline.

I got bounced out of the system this morning when finalizing my purchase, went back and the prices jumped $30! :bawling:

Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    PSUS2H said:
    I got bounced out of the system this morning when finalizing my purchase, went back and the prices jumped $30! :bawling:

What was the grand total? That’s fucked up
    CROJAM95 said:
    PSUS2H said:

What was the grand total? That’s fucked up
    $287
    then $317
    I know I should have done this earlier, but I must have been checking out right at 10a PT and got kicked out when the presale ended. 
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 336
    Glad I got my presale tix. $22 each more in the public sale for a 3 day pass. Thanks 10C! And can't wait. This festival has been so mellow and rad the first three years.