Emoticons you would like to see on the PJ forums.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
What rolls your socks?  Copy and paste 'em.  Lets wee what ya got.

Some I would love to see here (or something similar):

hide
cussing
crazy
doh
-popcorn
❤️

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
    The emoticon on here I do not even bother using.  Looks like an HS kid designed them...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    The emoticon on here I do not even bother using.  Looks like an HS kid designed them...
    Without riling the mods too badly (sorry Kat/ Sea!) I was kind of thinking the same thing.  The emoticons we had before the makeover were better.  The ones I posted are clever and there are lots more out there.  The ones we have... well.. I mean like...

:lol:   sigh

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    ☠️💀🤘🏻🐶🍄🥑

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    ☠️💀🤘🏻🐶🍄🥑
    Radioactive emoticon- lol

Mushroom emoticon- trippy!

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Hi! said:
    ☠️💀🤘🏻🐶🍄🥑

What have you got to say that urgently needs to be said by an avocado?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Hi! said:
    ☠️💀🤘🏻🐶🍄🥑

"It's the pits"?

What forum could not do without this one?!

🤮

I see a day coming when the entire message will be in emoticons.  You'll need to take a University class to learn emoticon communications...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • The Bob Kraft rolling of the dice

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• They should remove the shitty emoticons so you can post regular smileys without them getting fucked ip.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    ☠️💀🤘🏻🐶🍄🥑

"It's the pits"?
    I guess if it’s the pits, it might as well be a big pit. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    ☠️💀🤘🏻🐶🍄🥑

"It's the pits"?
    I guess if it’s the pits, it might as well be a big pit
    For sure. 

Or maybe even gigantic like this:
    this:

or this:

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    ☠️💀🤘🏻🐶🍄🥑

"It's the pits"?
    I guess if it’s the pits, it might as well be a big pit
    For sure. 

Or maybe even gigantic like this:
    this:

or this:

That dog is huge.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • That's what she said...
  • I actually want to ban meme's.

They driver me nuts.
    I actually want to ban meme's.

They driver me nuts.
    Ban memes or emojis? 

biglaugh

Sorry, had to do it!

• brianlux said:

They driver me nuts.
    Ban memes or emojis? 

biglaugh

Sorry, had to do it!

lol

They driver me nuts.
    Why?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

Hobbes said:

Oh yeah?  Well...

:lol:

They driver me nuts.
    I m with you . I don't use them
     Not my bag
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

They driver me nuts.
    Why?
    Post a question on Social media then all you get are memes or gifs...  It's annoying, now get off my lawn.

They driver me nuts.
    Why?
    Post a question on Social media then all you get are memes or gifs...  It's annoying, now get off my lawn.
    They can be a bit much and I should probably curb the tendency.  In a way though, it makes sense that they are used because words only make up about 7% of communication- the rest is tone of voice, facial expressions and body language.  So a meme can augment written communication.

What drives me nuts the most are acronyms.  Because so many people today communicate with smart phones, it becomes easier to abbreviate or use an acronym than it is to actually write the words.  I find this both annoying and a bit lazy myself... but then have I ever typed "lol" or "b.s."? A few very common ones like that, sure.  But when people write things like IDCWYMS for "I don't care what your mother says" (yes, I'm being a bit facetious but you get my drift)- that's when I shut 'er down!

• brianlux said:

They driver me nuts.
    Why?
    They can be a bit much and I should probably curb the tendency.  In a way though, it makes sense that they are used because words only make up about 7% of communication- the rest is tone of voice, facial expressions and body language.  So a meme can augment written communication.

What drives me nuts the most are acronyms.  Because so many people today communicate with smart phones, it becomes easier to abbreviate or use an acronym than it is to actually write the words.  I find this both annoying and a bit lazy myself... but then have I ever typed "lol" or "b.s."? A few very common ones like that, sure.  But when people write things like IDCWYMS for "I don't care what your mother says" (yes, I'm being a bit facetious but you get my drift)- that's when I shut 'er down!
    Go on any Bourbon or Beer site on FB and that's all it is.

I had to ask questions on what this meant.

FS/T for full Vert BCBS BW 15-18

LF DIPA 3FFF or BB

I was like WTF?!?
    brianlux said:

They driver me nuts.
    Why?

Go on any Bourbon or Beer site on FB and that's all it is.

I had to ask questions on what this meant.

FS/T for full Vert BCBS BW 15-18

LF DIPA 3FFF or BB

I was like WTF?!?
    Now there's a good reason to use WTF!

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    😾

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I don't know about this forum but on twitter when you use the hashtag #Shameless it puts a Frank Gallagher emoticon in your message and that might be the greatest thing ever.