EMEK Limited Edition Mini-prints / Studio Releases!!!

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    These posters are one-sided, correct?
     That's correct on these mini prints. 
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Hefty price for reusing images that arent even screenprinted 
    The market is up to the buyer. If he didn’t sell them he’d lower the prices. I’m sure it’s not like he whips these masterpieces out in a day. Some of them are incredible and he should be rewarded monetarily (in my opinion) and be able to make a good living being a great artist.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    KN219077 said:
    The market is up to the buyer. If he didn’t sell them he’d lower the prices. I’m sure it’s not like he whips these masterpieces out in a day. Some of them are incredible and he should be rewarded monetarily (in my opinion) and be able to make a good living being a great artist.
    hefty price?
    Some of these artists see their artwork get resold here and elsewhere within hours/days of release, for 2 - 5 times what they sell it for. The artists can reuse their artwork as much as they want and charge whatever they want. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    BF89905 said:
    KN219077 said:
    hefty price?
    Some of these artists see their artwork get resold here and elsewhere within hours/days of release, for 2 - 5 times what they sell it for. The artists can reuse their artwork as much as they want and charge whatever they want. 
    Reusing it cheapens the image for me. If you don’t find the print, look out for it on a zippo! Lol. 

And yeah, I am not paying more than $10 for a tiny and cheaply made image. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • BF89905 said:
    KN219077 said:
    hefty price?
    The artists keep a bunch of prints for their future shows and make a killing off of it.  Emek isn't a dummy.
    BF89905 said:
    KN219077 said:
    hefty price?
    The artists keep a bunch of prints for their future shows and make a killing off of it.  Emek isn't a dummy.
    Far from a dummy. I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same thing in his position. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • BF89905 said:
    KN219077 said:
    hefty price?
    They cash in on their "archives".  It's cool seeing the older prints at a show that they attend.
    BF89905 said:
    KN219077 said:
    hefty price?
    They cash in on their "archives".  It's cool seeing the older prints at a show that they attend.
    No debate on that. I was just referring to these mini prints being a cash grab and cheapens the image to me
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • BF89905 said:
    KN219077 said:
    hefty price?
    No debate on that. I was just referring to these mini prints being a cash grab and cheapens the image to me
    ahhh got it.  So am I right to assume you aren't a fan of the image on zippos and poster weights too?
    BF89905 said:
    KN219077 said:
    hefty price?
    ahhh got it.  So am I right to assume you aren't a fan of the image on zippos and poster weights too?
    And slipmats, you’d be correct. Let an image be used what it was meant for originally, maybe a higher quality art print down the line. But after that just create something new and let old images be the past
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    EMEK's Cloak mini print arrived. Love this one. :)

Was at that show in Portland. Made it just in time. Missed Mudhoney's set cause my flight was delayed, twice, getting in from Vancouver. It's almost been 5 years now. Nov '13. I had plans to spend 2 day's in Portland & have USA Thanksgiving but flights were cancelled back home. It totally sucked! Didn't have much time to explore Portland. After the show slept for like 2 hours then I flew to Spokane that morning.
    Emek's large 18x24 Eternal Embrace edition is pretty freaking sweet!  :)

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    demetrios said:

Nice! When/where was it available?
    jjflash said:
    demetrios said:

Nice! When/where was it available?
    https://emekstudios.com/pages/wish-list
    Any word back from EMEK @jjflash on a purchase? Hope you get a chance.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Emek just added a new mini-print that may be of interest to Pearl Jam fans.
    He also has STICKERS now too!!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

Sweet!  B)
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    demetrios said:

D, just seeing this as well as your wish-list suggestion. Appreciate the idea! I put in a request and will let you know what comes of it. 
  • jjflash said:
    demetrios said:

D, just seeing this as well as your wish-list suggestion. Appreciate the idea! I put in a request and will let you know what comes of it. 
    I've been blessed with getting 2 Wishlist posters from EMEK so I'm pretty happy with that.
    jjflash said:
    demetrios said:

I've been blessed with getting 2 Wishlist posters from EMEK so I'm pretty happy with that.
    is it first come first serve? Never won before... granted I have only tried with one print ha
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • jjflash said:
    demetrios said:

is it first come first serve? Never won before... granted I have only tried with one print ha
    It's random.  I've waited for a few weeks and no reply and some I've gotten immediate responses.

If it's a silly rare poster like a chief foil or something then good luck.  Those won't come out through the wishlist.
  • Well while I was futzing around on here I missed the EMEK drop...

Oh well.
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    Well while I was futzing around on here I missed the EMEK drop...

Oh well.
    What dropped?
  • BB162610 said:
    Well while I was futzing around on here I missed the EMEK drop...

Oh well.
    What dropped?
    Fender Guitar ad.  Pretty cool.  Click on his site and you'll see it on the front page.
    jjflash said:
    demetrios said:

Ok. Good luck! :) 
    Seeing many folks are now receiving these in the mail. Hope your requests come through on the 18x24 print of EMEK's Eternal Embrace.

:) 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Shipping notification yesterday!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Coming soon :o

We made something really special with @emek_studios “Eternal Embrace”. Available Tuesday, March 5th at 10 am pst

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    demetrios said:
    Coming soon :o

We made something really special with @emek_studios “Eternal Embrace”. Available Tuesday, March 5th at 10 am pst

That is awesome!  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1