austin '14
austin '14
tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
ed - clearwater '12

are you digital or analog? 182 votes

digital
17%
fall by the waysidedarwinstheorymcgruff10Dr. DelightTravelarDukeSpiritDercheeflastexitlondoniOnlyownMyminddannyBillGlorifiedGChazzJ_Vedder1968JimmyVRideRickHesCalledDyermrk2RS151862KN219077SJD3232 32 votes
analog
50%
Vedd HeddPureandEasymy_waveLowlightPoncier100 PacerLedbetterman10ski-bumCopperTomnooramdemetriosLost In Ohiopjl44austinevolution10on2legsdr. MowinckelMakingWavesTunnelThroughDenialNAUjackfancoach pj 91 votes
just switched/will be switching to digital due to recent changes
31%
jeffbrdarthvedderNewJPagedisilluzion2-feign-reluctancerockpantsLesbelgeswhoyouare72SomethingCreativeathenssmileanakin_pdxxnothingmanxa5pjpjpitt89Spiritual_ChaosKevinmanpulling69mfc2006hrd2imgnredsfan1 58 votes
just switched/will be switching to analog due to recent changes
0%
PD279656 1 vote

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    digital
    Too dumb to vote correctly
    (Actually Analog)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    analog
    Not sure why, just blind loyalty. Not sure what I'm getting. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • just switched/will be switching to digital due to recent changes
    I can pay the analog cost just for the DEEP mag.

But with the t-shirt and I bet the DEEP mag getting hit with custom charges now -- I can't afford that extra cost.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    digital
    Have been digital since they first offered it. Considering not even re-upping my membership in future.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    digital
    Have always been digital. $20 a year for the chance to buy hassle-free tickets is worth it. If I was analog I would be downgrading.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    "just switched/will be switching to analog due to recent changes" who in the earth in their right mind would consider such a thing? It's literally like saying: I'm a fool and I love to pay more for less.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    analog
    I've always been analog. The extra $20 for the shirt, bootleg code, DEEP magazine is still worth it to me. I can understand why people downgraded though. I love the 2019 shirt by the way too. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    digital
    Ofcourse digital,  because we have to consider the environment before we let al those packages been sent around the globe. 
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 270
    Just switched to digital after being analog from the beginning of the offer. I just didn't see the value in removing the single and not changing the price or adding another item in its place. Still in the Club since '95 though; that's all that matters.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    analog
    Analog. I have only been a member for 2 years, but I still find it worthwhile. I guess I don't feel live I have missed out on anything as I never received a single in those years.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    analog
    I always choose anal
    og
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    Malroth said:
    I always choose anal 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Analog. I have only been a member for 2 years, but I still find it worthwhile. I guess I don't feel live I have missed out on anything as I never received a single in those years.
    Or the Deep magazines, I'm still waiting on 2 years of those... I actually can't even remember the last time those were mailed. So its a no brainer to down-grade.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    MedozK said:
    Or the Deep magazines, I'm still waiting on 2 years of those... I actually can't even remember the last time those were mailed. So its a no brainer to down-grade.
    Same here. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    I like the DEEP mag when it showes up though. 

Even though it feels like something kind of pointless with Pearl Jam not doing that much exciting things anymore. How much can they dig in the history to fill them up.

Keep and put the single in a gatefold-package and have DEEP as a shorter (or longer) booklet included with the single. have a chronology over the past year as a bare minimum, and make it thicker when you have more to fill it up with. That's what I would have done.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • analog
    mfc2006 said:
    MedozK said:
    Same here. 

They come with the singles. The last one came with the Alive 7" which was late 2017/early 2018.

Seeing as how the singles typically never come until a few months into the new year, they're technically right on time.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • just switched/will be switching to digital due to recent changes
    Just renewed Analog before the announcement of no more single. Next year will be switching to digital 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    will be going digital once my membership is up to renew later this year
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    mfc2006 said:
    MedozK said:
    Same here. 

They come with the singles. The last one came with the Alive 7" which was late 2017/early 2018.

Seeing as how the singles typically never come until a few months into the new year, they're technically right on time.
    Nope. You seem to like to shamelessly speak in favor of TC, but we're in early 2019, and we're still waiting for 2017 single, so... they're so late that "late" is an euphemism by now. Between now and may-june 2019 would be the time where the 2018 single would typically arrive (and it would be late nonetheless, but "technically right on time" for you and TC).
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    mfc2006 said:
    MedozK said:
    Same here. 

That's not entirely accurate.  They never sent one in 2016.  The 2017 one was then said to be the 2016 one, so 10c still owes one for 2017 and 2018.  They've lapped themselves and are a year later on the 2017 one.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    analog
    Renewing in a couple of weeks. Enjoy the shirts and physical copy of Deep so Analog I remain.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    Zod said:
    mfc2006 said:
    MedozK said:
    Same here. 

That's not entirely accurate.  They never sent one in 2016.  The 2017 one was then said to be the 2016 one, so 10c still owes one for 2017 and 2018.  They've lapped themselves and are a year later on the 2017 one.
    But, but.. they're technically right on time, you can't deny it. This is how it works around here: since they never specified a delivery date, even if they send out our singles in 2025 they'll still be right on time. Give TC a break now, come on.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    analog
    Renewing early April..don't know what i do yet..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    digital
    Just switched to digital, because 10C has no plan beyond looking forward to what the future brings.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Holding out for something you won't be getting at the analog membership - hoping you are 'rewarded' in some way for your faithfulness is delusional. If they were going to incentivize analog members more than other membership levels, we would have already heard it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    analog
    Holding out for something you won't be getting at the analog membership - hoping you are 'rewarded' in some way for your faithfulness is delusional. If they were going to incentivize analog members more than other membership levels, we would have already heard it.
    If they add any benefit mid-cycle it should be for both levels. Something extra for analog only would be a really bad move, especially after the abrupt vinyl cancellation announcement.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    digital
    I should read the fine print a little more closely but is the analog-members-only t-shirt free with the subscription or do you have to pay an additional amount for it (aside from shipping, of course!)?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    digital
    rummy said:
    I should read the fine print a little more closely but is the analog-members-only t-shirt free with the subscription or do you have to pay an additional amount for it (aside from shipping, of course!)?
    You get a coupon code for it.  So you add it to your cart & it will show a price like normal, but then you apply the code & get it for free.  I'm not sure about Canada and Int'l, but in the US shipping has always been free on the Analog member item.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Just downgraded to digital.  Shirt has been horrible the past few years.  Lucky for me my renewal date is in March so I'll be able to check out the new analog item each year and decide if it's worth upgrading back to analog.