Poll--The Weakest Link: AC/DC's 'Back In Black' Round 4 (CHAMPION = HELLS BELLS)

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited February 2019 in Other Music
Now to Crown a Champion - The GREATEST song on AC/DC's album Back In Black.
Eliminated in Round 1 - Let Me Put My Love into You, Shake a Leg, and What Do You Do for Money Honey.
Eliminated in Round 2 - Given the Dog a Bone, Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, You Shook Me All Night Long
 * Since there was a tie for 3rd, a total of round 1 and round 2 votes were calculated to break the tie.
 * You Shook Me All Night Long - Round 1 = 1, Round 2 = 4, Total Votes for 2 rounds = 5 (Eliminated)
 * Have a Drink on Me - Round 1 =  0, Round 2 = 4, Total Votes for 2 rounds = 4
Eliminated Round 3 - Have a Drink on Me, Shoot To Thrill

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 3 days the song with the FEWEST votes will be crowned CHAMPION.
 - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Lets have fun with this. Remember debating and discussing why your right and others are wrong is always fun.

Poll--The Weakest Link: AC/DC's 'Back In Black' Round 4 (CHAMPION = HELLS BELLS) 38 votes

Hells Bells
42%
Horse2345noorammookieblalockgoldrushOf The AggieBrainofBGARP112579RS151862dankindBLACK35F Me In The BrainhauntingfamiliarnjnancyBlack,red,yellowCsAc99Meltdown99 16 votes
Back In Black
57%
jeffbrmcgruff10PoncierDukeSpiritBIGDaddyWildudemantbergsDewieCoxjoberschlakeHesCalledDyerGern BlanstenThirty Bills UnpaidMedozKeeriepadavetimdwilliLoujoeHobbestempo_n_grooveOffSheGoes35petted101 22 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• Back In Black
    Before I vote I want to make sure this is correct, we are still voting to eliminate. We are not voting for the winner, is that right?
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Back In Black
    Before I vote I want to make sure this is correct, we are still voting to eliminate. We are not voting for the winner, is that right?
    That is correct. Although, I voted for the song I wanted to win. D'oh! I shouldn't be allowed to access the internet before finishing my first cup of coffee.

Eh, no big whoop. I like both songs equally.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Back In Black
    Yes, voting to eliminate. The song with the FEWEST votes will be CHAMPION.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hells Bells
    Hobbes said:
    That is correct. Although, I voted for the song I wanted to win. D'oh! I shouldn't be allowed to access the internet before finishing my first cup of coffee.

@Hobbes

I voted for “Hell’s Bells” to cancel out your mistake.

Thanks for making one—otherwise, I wouldn’t have been able to vote. 

As you mentioned, both are equally strong contenders. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Back In Black
    Two classics, but I give Hell's Bells the edge.  Back in Black, you are the weakest link.  Goodbye!
  • Back In Black
    No contest.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Back In Black
    Hobbes said:

That first cup of coffee is essential. :coffee: As a matter of fact, I'm drinking mine right now and won't vote until I've finished.
  • Back In Black
    What's the next album, Med?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Back In Black
    One of the best opening tracks ever!!!!!! =)=)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    edited February 2019
    Back In Black
    I got is planned already, will be surprise (staying with the rock genre for the next one, but will switch it up after). Will put it up this weekend.

Looks like this one may be a runaway.
  • Back In Black
    MedozK said:
    I got is planned already, will be surprise (staying with the rock genre for the next one, but will switch it up after). Will put it up this weekend.

Stupid surprises.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Hells Bells
    MedozK said:

Is that a Bon Jovi reference??
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Back In Black
    Refresh my memory, which pj song won?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hells Bells
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:

Jersey!  Woo-hoo!  :lol:       
    Was up in your neck of the woods today, Paramus.  I guess, not right next door to you but a fuck of a lot closer than Cherry Hill.

I hate that BinB in going to lose but I have nothing against Hells Bells.  Song is awesome!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Back In Black
    mcgruff10 said:
    Refresh my memory, which pj song won?

Last Kiss
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Hells Bells
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:

Jersey!  Woo-hoo!  :lol:       
    Was up in your neck of the woods today, Paramus.  I guess, not right next door to you but a fuck of a lot closer than Cherry Hill.

I hate that BinB in going to lose but I have nothing against Hells Bells.  Song is awesome!

If you kept going and made a right turn before you got on the GWB you'd be close. 

Paramus was THE place to shop (malls) until we got all the stores we could use in Edgewater and North Bergen.  

You was in my county at least and way closer than Cherry Hill - that's almost another state!!

Either song is fine at this point. My honey lost her money and my shot has no thrill.so I don't really care which way it goes. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Back In Black
    Take me to hell baby! Awesome song.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Back In Black
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:

Sorry, no Bon Jovi
  • Back In Black
    I want to hear that eerie guitar now.
    Hells Bells
    MedozK said:
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:

Sorry, no Bon Jovi
    And I thought I was so clever picking up on runaway. I'm sure it will be fun. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I ran across a CD copy of the record just a little too late to vote for my favorite- "You Shook Me All Night Long".  It's a great song and the only one on the record for which Brian Johnson's screaming works for me.  Great band, for sure, just not what I cared for as far as singing goes. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Back In Black
    Here’s Brian Johnson reminiscing with Robert Plant, Nick Mason, and Lars Ulrich. They’re definitely worth watching if you get the chance...
    https://youtu.be/aNEVNP8Ictg
    https://youtu.be/gWzvkWO52fc
    https://youtu.be/YSkiY56yKSw
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Back In Black
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:

Sorry, no Bon Jovi

Maybe its Joan Jett or Lita Ford.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Back In Black
    This poll will end Sunday at Noon cst. We will crown a champion here and I will start the new poll.

ps. there was no hint about the next album
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Back In Black
    MedozK said:
    This poll will end Sunday at Noon cst. We will crown a champion here and I will start the new poll.

You should work for Pearl Jam's social media accounts.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,604
    Back In Black

Back In Black
    Hobbes said:
    MedozK said:

You should work for Pearl Jam's social media accounts.
    Ha, yea
  • Back In Black
    Poncier said:
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:

Sorry, no Bon Jovi

Or Del Shannon.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hells Bells
    Poncier said:
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:
    njnancy said:
    MedozK said:

Sorry, no Bon Jovi

Or Del Shannon.

Or your mama. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
This discussion has been closed.