Change.Org Petition Asks U.S. To Sell Montana To Canada To Get Rid Of National Debt

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited February 2019
    From the article:

"We have too much debt and Montana is useless. Just tell them it has beavers or something," Ian Hammond, the petition's creator, wrote in its description."

OK, that right there tells you this guy is either being totally factious is a total idiot, lol.

No, sorry, you do not get Jeff.

And by the way, you also do not get this part-time MT residents:

not this one:

and definitely not this fine MT writer, teacher, resident

On the other hand, if you have any interest in acquiring the state of Nevada, let's talk.  :lol:

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    From the article:

"We have too much debt and Montana is useless. Just tell them it has beavers or something," Ian Hammond, the petition's creator, wrote in its description."

OK, that right there tells you this guy is either being totally factious is a total idiot, lol.

not this one:

On the other hand, if you have any interest in acquiring the state of Nevada, let's talk.  :lol:

How much will you give for Nevado?  How about you sell Montana and we'll take Nevada off your hands.  You can keep the celebrities...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    From the article:

not this one:

How much will you give for Nevado?  How about you sell Montana and we'll take Nevada off your hands.  You can keep the celebrities...
    Oh, my friend, you drive a hard bargain!  The problem is, celebrities come and go but the natural features of Montana, ah! That is worth keeping forever (assuming we can save what is left of it).

Now if I were Canadian, I would be asking myself, what does America have that would be worth our spending one trillion dollars on? 

As an American, my concern is that if we have anything left worth one trillion dollars and we sold it off to Canada, we might get rid of our national debt, but we might also end up culturally and/or aesthetically bankrupt.  We're closing in on that as it is and also close to reaching a no-win situation. 

Also worth considering, would you really want to take on the dysfunctional traits of whatever we'd have to offer?  I would think long and hard on that one.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    22 trillion and counting.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Can MN go too?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Texas. Take Texas. A place to escape the winter, Tex-mex food and law and order. Whaddya say?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    From the article:

not this one:

Oh, my friend, you drive a hard bargain!  The problem is, celebrities come and go but the natural features of Montana, ah! That is worth keeping forever (assuming we can save what is left of it).

Now if I were Canadian, I would be asking myself, what does America have that would be worth our spending one trillion dollars on? 

As an American, my concern is that if we have anything left worth one trillion dollars and we sold it off to Canada, we might get rid of our national debt, but we might also end up culturally and/or aesthetically bankrupt.  We're closing in on that as it is and also close to reaching a no-win situation. 

Also worth considering, would you really want to take on the dysfunctional traits of whatever we'd have to offer?  I would think long and hard on that one.

1 final offer.  We take Montana, Nevada and Florida (I'll trade Florida to Cuba for some cigars) and you get Canadian citizenship (think how handy that would be if Trump is re-elected) and a 10-acre parcel of pristine Montana land.  LOL.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    From the article:

not this one:

1 final offer.  We take Montana, Nevada and Florida (I'll trade Florida to Cuba for some cigars) and you get Canadian citizenship (think how handy that would be if Trump is re-elected) and a 10-acre parcel of pristine Montana land.  LOL.  

I'm in for homesteading in Montana!
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    From the article:

not this one:

I'm in for homesteading in Montana!
    Then I guess we can grant you a Canadian citizen and land.  Not sure how 1 trillion will solve the US debt...lol. I would gladly move to Montana.  I think Lettermen has a ranch there. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    From the article:

not this one:

I'll take it!  :lol:

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    From the article:

not this one:

Citizenship was what sealed the deal...lol

Got protect yourself just in case Trump wins again...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    From the article:

not this one:

Thank you!  I promise I will not be a keener on pogey or cause a kerfuffle or sit sit around on my arse gaining a Molson muscle but rather will be a good, well behaved Canuck!

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    From the article:

not this one:

Thank you!  I promise I will not be a keener on pogey or cause a kerfuffle or sit sit around on my arse gaining a Molson muscle but rather will be a good, well behaved Canuck!
    We can not guarantee the California weather.  I need to visit Montana.  Glacier NP is supposed to be great.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    I'd way rather get Alaska. That place never should have been a part of the US in the first place! It makes no sense! It pisses me off that it uses up half of what should be BC's northern coast, lol. But we're not taking Palin. We'll throw her back.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Brian is not giving up Alaska...LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I'm always wary of any petition that can be signed while you are sitting on your toilet at home pooping.  If the same petition required filling out a form and walking it out to your mailbox, I'm guessing you would see a 98% reduction in "signatures".  
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Texas. Take Texas. A place to escape the winter, Tex-mex food and law and order. Whaddya say?
    That would be ideal they would love Texas as anybody would, but they don't want Texans.

Need a 3 way trade with Montana to Canada, Texas to Mexico and a state to be named later.  (probably N. Dakota)
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Smellyman said:
    Texas. Take Texas. A place to escape the winter, Tex-mex food and law and order. Whaddya say?
    That would be ideal they would love Texas as anybody would, but they don't want Texans.

Need a 3 way trade with Montana to Canada, Texas to Mexico and a state to be named later.  (probably N. Dakota)
    Fuck that, TX will just become its own country!
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    PJPOWER said:
    Smellyman said:

that would be cool too
  • PJPOWER said:
    Smellyman said:

And El Presidente Beto will build a wall around it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Smellyman said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Smellyman said:

that would be cool too
    Yep, this will do just fine :)

edited February 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    Smellyman said:

And El Presidente Beto will build a wall around it.
    We’ll trade him to Mexico.  They can use him as a mule or something.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    Brian is not giving up Alaska...LOL
    Actually, I could see a good argument for the Inside Passage and the streams and rivers that feed into it as being designated  a separate entity (because in reality, that's what it is) and revert it's commerce back to the way it was carried out in pre-industiral times.  That area was actually more productive before the advent of motorized shipping boats than it has been during the last several decades.  You can read about that here: