Options

Glen Hansard

deek74deek74 Posts: 111
edited June 2011 in The Porch
I must say after seeing Glen Hansard play for two nights that guy rocks. I liked how last night he played one song unplugged (no amp or mic). If you are going to EV show make sure you get there early to see Glenn. He will not disappoint. Last night he said all the songs he played accept one were new. Does anyone know when he is coming out with a new album?
1996 Randals Island NY, Hartford 1998 Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2000 Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2003 Mansfield I, Mansfield III 2004 Boston I, Boston II 2006 Boston I, Boston II 2008 Hartford, Boston I, Boston II, Eddie Vedder Boston II 2009 Philly III 2010 Boston 2011 Eddie Vedder Providence, Eddie Vedder Boston 2011 PJ20 I, PJ20 II 2013 Worcester I, Worcester II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 526
    Brilliant singer/songwriter! The Frames albums 'Dance the Devil' & 'For the Birds' are stunning...
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Hansard is really great. Kind of funny now that he was the guitarist in "The Commitments". Really like his Swell Season stuff.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Hansard is really great. Kind of funny now that he was the guitarist in "The Commitments". Really like his Swell Season stuff.

I love that movie.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by BIGDaddyWil on
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453

Brilliant singer/songwriter! The Frames albums 'Dance the Devil' & 'For the Birds' are stunning...

Agree, and Burn the Maps as well.

Also Frames "Setlist" is one of the greatest live albums ever. Anyone who hasn't listened is missing out.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    Has anyone seen Glen perform lately?

I am a huge fan of The Frames, as i find their music very celebratory and uplifting.

The last few times I saw Glen perform was when he opened for EV in 2011. My dad was in the final months of his life, and because of this, Glen's performances seemed very dark to me ( obviously at no fault of Glen's ).

I am on the fence in terms of seeing play in L.A. at the end of the month, so I was wondering of anyone can shed a light on what the vibe is currently like at his recent shows.

Thanks!
  • Options
    MikeoMikeo Posts: 199
    Saw glen 3 times last year....going to both shows ar the vic in chicago....don't second guess it...go to the show...he's funny..the story's are amazing...the music is uplifting. ..while still being able to rip out your heart...yeah..that's about right...go.
  • Options
    I saw him twice last year. One show was a little more stripped down, one had a brass and string section. Both shows were amazing! His live shows are not to be missed. He is very engaging with stories, etc. I would definitely check him out if I were you.
  • Options
    Mikeo said:

Saw glen 3 times last year....going to both shows ar the vic in chicago....don't second guess it...go to the show...he's funny..the story's are amazing...the music is uplifting. ..while still being able to rip out your heart...yeah..that's about right...go.

agreed! I am going with my wife on our anniversary September 20th at the Vic. We go see him every time he is around Chicago/Milwaukee!
  • Options
    Wasn't there a rumor of a Glen and Eddie album coming out?
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    I am going to the San Diego show in a few weeks. Saw him late last year in Brooklyn, he was great (as was Richard Thompson, who opened for him).

As much as I enjoy Glen's live shows, this time I'm actually going to see Colm Mac Con Iomaire, who is opening for him. Colm was the Frames' violinist/ violist, he's a heck of a musician and a wonderful composer, and I think his albums are dreamy and gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HoS6MV1iGQ
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    ^ Didnt know that, will be seeing him in Austin on the 25th. Awesome.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

Wasn't there a rumor of a Glen and Eddie album coming out?

I would absolutely LOVE a true collaboration album...that would be something else!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    BpageBpage Posts: 33
    I'm seeing Glen tomorrow in Tucson.
    bpage
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Has anyone seen Glen perform lately?

I am a huge fan of The Frames, as i find their music very celebratory and uplifting.

The last few times I saw Glen perform was when he opened for EV in 2011. My dad was in the final months of his life, and because of this, Glen's performances seemed very dark to me ( obviously at no fault of Glen's ).

I am on the fence in terms of seeing play in L.A. at the end of the month, so I was wondering of anyone can shed a light on what the vibe is currently like at his recent shows.

Thanks!

Very simply. If you are on the fence to not climb over that fence. Run full speed right through it.

You will not regret it
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    Love this guy and would love to catch a full length show, Id say go without hesitation.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I went to the show in Tulsa last Friday night. It was amazing
  • Options
    I have two extra tickets (GA Floor) to the show at the Wiltern in LA this Friday. PM if interested. Face value ($35 each).
  • Options
    MYMMYM Austin, TX Posts: 181

^ Didnt know that, will be seeing him in Austin on the 25th. Awesome.

i was at that show.... nice not to get rained on :)

Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18
  • Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    So I had tickets for San Diego tonight, and had to leave town last minute for work, so my fiancée took a friend. Just got this text: "He just covered Present Tense because Eddie's mom is in the audience." Damnit, I should have been there lol. Hopefully a video gets posted.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    deleted by admin
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598

Glen Hansard Readies New Album ‘Between Two Shores’

Glen Hansard is set to return with his follow up to 2015’s GRAMMY nominated Didn’t He Ramble. His third solo album, Between Two Shores was written and produced by Hansard, the former taking six years, and the latter only a few weeks.
    The album’s title comes from Hansards ongoing love of sailing and the sea. When one is equal distance between their starting point and their destination they are in essence “between two shores.”
    There are not many artist that we get as excited about as Hansard. His voice is completely angelic. It pulls at the parts of us that we bury down deep. He forces us to face the most human aspects in all of us.
    To give fans an example of the direction of the new album, Hansard has shared “Time Will Be The Healer,” which can be streamed below.
    Between Two Shores is slated for release on January 19, 2018 via Anti-. It is available for pre-order now.
  • Options
    Looks like a new album coming early 2019. Per his tour page 
  • Options
    Surprised I didn’t see anything on Glen’s new album. 

Gonna be a good April with him and Ryan Adams releasing albums back to back weeks.

cant wait for shows 
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    We got tickets for his show in May! 
    I'm very excited to go because I missed half of his show when he opened up for Eddie in Dublin last time. 

Ticket sale page says: "Maybe even with a new album?" :)
  • Options
    Haven’t seen a post on Glen’s new album. New single is very dark but I like it but good god the songs in this video are great
    A few US shows announced today too. Glen at the Beacon on a Saturday? Sign me up and see you at the Scratcher after the show

https://glenhansard.ffm.to/thiswildwilling
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited March 2019
    Wrong forum.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I saw him Thursday night in Frankfurt, Germany. 
    It was magical with the atmosphere at the Old Opera. I will go again as soon as I get a chance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99NMQltjEPM
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    going to Dublin this weekend for The Frames show. Anyone else?
    can‘t wait, first show in more than two years 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    May be an image of map and text that says Glen Hansard All That Was East Is West Of Me Now N20h Album Out October 20th New ANTI-

"...I changed by not changing at all..."